Roster screen not final

goro15

Yes I know, the leaked roster has all the characters we know about so far but for months now, they've said the roster screen / slots are not final. Wouldn't it be odd if after so many claims it is not final, it was final all along?

We can't know for sure until the game is out or unless everything gets leaked. On an unrelated note Ed Boon tweeted something related to Friday, probably a Kombat Kast, thought I'd put it out there.
Even though it's not going to happen, if the next Kombat Kast has a third row for non DLC characters I will die of happiness. (it can be 4 or 5 more and I'll achieve nirvana)

Oh, the futility of hope.

Well isn't it weird, they could've easily said it was final if they knew it for months. I recently thought they would maybe add some at the last minute, but that seems very unlikely with the story already set, lines needing to be recorded, motions needing to be captured and already working on DLC.

They're probably just saying it's not final cause it's missing the DLC characters spots only. Wasn't that what they did with MK9 too?!

I've been thinking along these lines also. IMO there's a 50/50 chance the number of select screen places we have seen is final.

If it is not final I can see us getting an additional 4 characters. As it currently appears we have a slight lacking of "evil" characters i base the additional 4 on this.

Reiko - A main character in the comic books and a total badass , easily will fit the tone of the game.
Baraka - Brutal , ugly and mean hes made for MKX. With the addition of his trophies picture i can see him making the cut.
Rain - Working along with Mileena in the comics and the sight of his new costume design hes also a possibility.
Fujin - Although not evil he has a new outfit design and its highly popular.

*A new monster character - Within the online modes trailer there is a unidentified character carved into the tower that i cannot identify.

[MENTION=6130]fredkrueg3r[/MENTION] could you take a picture of the frame in which that char appears? ? That way we can figure out whom it is.

Oh, the futility of hope.

*hope intensifies*
Haha XD

But no, I get what you mean. I've accepted that we're not getting anything else, I'm just not completely closed off to the possibility of something more. Okay now that I've written it out, it sounds kinda weird o_O

*hope intensifies*
Haha XD

But no, I get what you mean. I've accepted that we're not getting anything else, I'm just not completely closed off to the possibility of something more. Okay now that I've written it out, it sounds kinda weird o_O

It doesn't, I think the same way as you. I accepted the reality even when I want a few more chars I already like what we got so if this ends up being the final roster so be it.

PS: add Smoke...

I like it! I like rain and Baraka but could see them not getting a spot. But I woulda though fujin and reiko definitely. Especially given how much hype reiko is getting in the comics. He's not just a chronny, apprenty he's more lethal and calculating than Mileena who seems to be a sub-boss type character in this game

They said the exact same thing for MK9 and Injustice's character select screens.

They never changed.

I hope they change the select screen a bit. The character pictures look like mugshots

I agree with that 100%, especially Kotal Kahn looks weird with the helmet taking up all the space. They used to do it a bit sideways or more animated, not as if taken a mugshot or picture haha

They said the exact same thing for MK9 and Injustice's character select screens.

They never changed.

Yes they did, actually.
This was the original screen at release, this was the final screen.
They added an extra row, but we didn't know until the game released and people noticed themselves.
That's probably why people are so bent on it being changed on release.

In any case currently we know that at least 25 characters are going to be selectable right? i think it would be absurd if characters like Goro, Jason, Tremor, Tanya and Predator will be a part of the select screen, so we're left with 8 spots now? Jax, Sonya, Liu Kang, Shinnok, Kenshi, Jacqui and Erron Black? that's 7 characters, there's at least 1 more character that we don't know of, that is selectable in my opinion.

Yes they did, actually.
This was the original screen at release, this was the final screen.
They added an extra row, but we didn't know until the game released and people noticed themselves.
That's probably why people are so bent on it being changed on release.

Except that one of those rows is DLC, so that doesn't mean much of anything. This is what the actual final select screen in MK9 looks like.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...9_CSS_1.png/revision/latest?cb=20110813204430