Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore... basically all 'core' subbgenres thread.

I know. He really shines and is one of DGD's most recognisable members along with Will of course. A whole song with solely him really does do him justice.

Did you listen to that song I linked to you yesterday in JT? Here it is if you wanna. If you don't, well, whatever

The flow is kinda awkward, but awkward in a good way. I just love how emotional the lyrics are, and the screams just deliver the emotion. You said in JT that this album released a year ago? It sounds like a song from 2010, but that's good because I enjoy the old more than I do the new sound of core music.

The flow is kinda awkward, but awkward in a good way. I just love how emotional the lyrics are, and the screams just deliver the emotion. You said in JT that this album released a year ago? It sounds like a song from 2010, but that's good because I enjoy the old more than I do the new sound of core music.

Yeah, it did release last year. ABR were definitely more brutal in 2010, though. They are one of the most consistently awesome bands in the metalcore scene.

This is 2009, but you get the idea of what they used to be like. They still have their signature sound, though... and to top it off for you (not me, lol) they're Christian

It's hard to find a band that's been consistent for that long, many try to experiment with new sounds.. Some work out, and others don't lol.

I'm so pissed that Outline In Color changed their sound.

I already knew they were Jesuscore lol, they're with Solid State, right? All of Solid state bands are good.

Especially Wolves at the Gate :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0dr4au_baY

Trying not to post 3 videos in one post lol, 2 is enough.

It's hard to find a band that's been consistent for that long, many try to experiment with new sounds.. Some work out, and others don't lol.

I'm so pissed that Outline In Color changed their sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scqEYYrP_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMj7yAkXp70

I already knew they were Jesuscore lol, they're with Solid State, right? All of Solid state bands are good.

Especially Wolves at the Gate :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0dr4au_baY

Trying not to post 3 videos in one post lol, 2 is enough.

Ah, that sucks, but I kind of like both sounds... actually, no the newer stuff gets pretty whiny and simple/

The most consistent band I can think of is Silverstein. They're a post hardcore/emo band that have been around for 11 years and they still haven't released anything bad and their music is still recognisable.

Off their first album (2003)

Off their last album (2013)

Dat consistency...

And, I do love At Wolves Gate. Hey, check out a band called In Hearts Wake. They're pretty new. I think they surfaced in... 2012? But they're amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUy9ytCkEjk

But I could go on all day about different bands, lol.

Been listening to more All That Remains lately....

I've only heard ONE song from All that remains, It was called 2 Weeks and I never gave any of their other music a good listen. Cool Band, just never was interested in them.
[MENTION=11963]Kzaoo[/MENTION] You're so gay, I'm about to leave work and I can't listen to none of those songs :cry:

You're right too, Outline In Color is basic now. They lost their electronicore sound too, extremely gay.

In Hearts Wake? They're signed by the same record label as Northlane, right? I shall give them a listen too!

[MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION]
I'm pretty sure I sent you that All That Remains song like 2 years ago lol and yeah, it's the same record label.

@iViTal
I'm pretty sure I sent you that All That Remains song like 2 years ago lol and yeah, it's the same record label.

You're my supplier, you got the good stuff.

Question. When you mention me do you type atiVitalor atiViTal? I'm curious because it would piss me off to type it like @iViTal lol.

Edit- Nevermind.. at iVital works.. instead of at iViTal <_<

I feel like a dumbass.. mentioning myself 3 times :laugh:

[MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION] I usually just type iViTal... I'm used to it because my old PSN tag was way worse

Hey, [MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION]

Is it you that likes Killswitch Engage here? Or is it somebody else? Anyway, if it's you have you heard Howard's new band, Devil You Know.

They're a lot heavier than when Howard was in KsE, but it's good to hear his voice again

Wow, I forgot all about Devil You Know. Glad to hear Howard's voice again!

BTW, it was me Kzaoo. Haha.

I also listen to Jesse's and Adam's side project Times of Grace some decent songs they made! I hope they make another album but it looks like Killswitch is their main focus.

Last edited:
Hey, [MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION]

Is it you that likes Killswitch Engage here? Or is it somebody else? Anyway, if it's you have you heard Howard's new band, Devil You Know.

They're a lot heavier than when Howard was in KsE, but it's good to hear his voice again

Yup.
I like Killswitch Engage.
Good to see Howard still singing. :)

Wovenwar released their first music video for "All Rise."

Also, they released their first album, too. Good stuff. Haven't bought it yet, but I listened to half of it on spotify.

While I miss AILD, Wovenwar are pretty good. Them only using cleans is pretty cool considering they're metalcore. I know it's nothing new, but it's refreshing.

Clean vocals are on point, not really feeling the instrumentals though. :(

I dunno, I know there's still good Metalcore out there, but I'm not motivated to really look for it. All the generic Metalcore has left a bad taste in my mouth, kinda losing hope in the genre.

Clean vocals are on point, not really feeling the instrumentals though. :(

I dunno, I know there's still good Metalcore out there, but I'm not motivated to really look for it. All the generic Metalcore has left a bad taste in my mouth, kinda losing hope in the genre.

Every Time I Die = Best metalcore band.

I dunno, I just listen to ETID, ABR, PWD, In Hearts Wake, The Amity Affliction and Affiance for metalcore, really.

Australian metalcore is the best metalcore in the world, seriously. They're on point.

Completely unrelated to the rest of the post:

I swear, I'm a sucker for amazing cover art. If the album artwork is good, I'll fall in love with the band :laugh:

DGD and A lot Like Birds have the best cover art, hands down.

@That Song..

My fvcking jaw dropped at those vocals in the beginning.