MKX Video Analyzing/Speculating

Aldo Moreno

Made this thread for every video that is released, we can analyze it.

It's safe to say a Sub-Zero is coming back. But as of now, we don't know which one. It kind of looks like the older brother.
NRS studio is going back to the 2d fighting plane.
X-Ray moves are making a come back.
00:56 looks like that was a meter move so meter is back?
01:00 01:10 Kind of looks like they took the environment thing from Injustice.
01:22 maybe you could pull your opponent off the ground?

And it sucks to see NRS still picking favourites.

Still nice trailer. I'm FREAKING HYPED! Can't wait for gameplay video.

You pretty much summed up what I had in mind Aldo. I think that was actual gameplay itself, shot at different angles without the lifebars, meters etc. If it is in fact the actual gameplay there seems to be a new emphasis on countering moves, we see both of them do it, perhaps a new mechanic maybe?

If that was actual gameplay, then call me freaking impressed, that was fluid as hell, the counters reminded me of DOA. And yeah, Aldo you summed it up perfectly, I just hope there's a press release now answering platform questions.

Weapons seem to be a thing again, at least ones stuck in the environment anyway. Notice Subby picking up the kori blade out of the ground.

I wonder if the special editions will have Subby being killed this time around too lol.

Using weapons around the arena looks like a good idea as long as its one of the smaller features. Wouldn't like it being predominant in the matches.

Made this thread for every video that is released, we can analyze it.

It's safe to say a Sub-Zero is coming back. But as of now, we don't know which one. It kind of looks like the older brother.
NRS studio is going back to the 2d fighting plane.
X-Ray moves are making a come back.
00:56 looks like that was a meter move so meter is back?
01:00 01:10 Kind of looks like they took the environment thing from Injustice.
01:22 maybe you could pull your opponent off the ground?

And it sucks to see NRS still picking favourites.

Still nice trailer. I'm FREAKING HYPED! Can't wait for gameplay video.

I concur to all you say, some in game action will be pretty cool to see. 2015 is a while away but it will be here before we know it. Ill have to get back on some MK9 until then.... my poor ps4 will be catching some dust until diablo3 launches for it in august.

I wanna know what's up with Sub.

1. Is it a new person?
2. Is it Bihan or Kuai Liang?
3. If it is the younger Sub how the hell is he human again?

Oh and Sub may die in this trailer, (again), but who is the one everyone is talking about. lol

Found something interesting, in the MK X video the description says:

Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with dynamic gameplay to create an unprecedented Kombat experience.

The trailer just came up on the Playstation YT channel and it was a bit more specific:

Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

I like that they established that unlike some other titles in the series, they've added and enhanced things while still keeping the basic movesets and gamefeel the same. (I understand that there's no actual 'gameplay' footage, but it was nice to see moves and combos I recognized from MK9, so it'll at least feel familiar when first picked up.)

One thing I'm really hoping is reflected in the final game is this effect where the environments are affected by the characters' very presence. Sub-Zero is making icicles form on objects just by being near them, while Scorpion is next to a burned down tree. That's pretty cool! Makes me fantasize about the possibilities! Like, having environments crack and crumble when Jax does his groundpound, or somebody like Kenshi or Ermac causing objects to float and move when they use their powers.

Yes. My only hope is that the game was made specifically for current gen and they will downgrade for last gen version. It better not be the other way around

Same here; I feel like that'll be the case since it's being built for PS4/Xbone rather than just being ported like Injustice. It's being built with the Unreal 3 engine instead of 4 so that's a little disappointing, but so is Arkham Knight (even though it's current gen exclusive) so I'm sure there'll be a noticeable difference between the last gen and current gen versions.

Edit: Turns out it actually is using the UE4 Engine, so I'm even more excited!

https://twitter.com/UnrealEngine/status/473458677823700992

Last edited: