Kenshi needs a BUFF, Raiden needs a teleport NERF

Ummm....I am hating the game...sorta.

I didn't say nobody should use his tools, I said they were to good. I didn't say how anyone should play...at all. Some characters are better than others....he is better than most if not all, that's logic. So if you have anymore irrelevant hip hop references feel free to use them, although I warn you, they don't help your argument.

I couldnt have said it better myself. +1 he has more advantages then most characters because of that lighting fast teleport. Its almost impossible to punish. His TP should be the same speed as cyrax.

Ummm....I am hating the game...sorta.

I didn't say nobody should use his tools, I said they were to good. I didn't say how anyone should play...at all. Some characters are better than others....he is better than most if not all, that's logic. So if you have anymore irrelevant hip hop references feel free to use them, although I warn you, they don't help your argument.
Meh i didn't know it was hip hop i just heard it on booker ts old wcw theme song and thought it was amusing, i don't listen to or enjoy the music. All though i used fools at the beginning the post wasn't aimed at you son or anything you had posted. If the best you can do is to argue my point is rubbish by picking up on a hip hop reference as you say, more power to you. Raidens the way it is like it or lump it, christ the mans an elder god, of course he should be one of the best

I couldnt have said it better myself. +1 he has more advantages then most characters because of that lighting fast teleport. Its almost impossible to punish. His TP should be the same speed as cyrax.
Why should it be the same speed as cyrax? Where have you come to this conclusion from? Christ when the game first came out everyone was whinging about superman spammers now its how fast a move that has no damage to it what so ever is? I just think people dont like a challenge. It would be stupid to do this. Its what adds to variety of fighting on the game.

You know how I can tell you guys don't play Baraka?

His Chop Chop blades trumps Raidens Teleport, and his Blade Spin trumps his Superman.... And BOTH have very wide windows for inputing it, if your not playing half asleep.

Why not we have a MK2012 where no elder gods or other beings can participate and it is purely among human mortals with no extra ordinary skills or weapons. That will be true to the spirit of the game title 'mortal kombat'! And when it announces finish him, the most violent move u can do is to pluck loser's ear, slap him or dig his nose!
And the game will be so exciting!

You know how I can tell you guys don't play Baraka?

His Chop Chop blades trumps Raidens Teleport, and his Blade Spin trumps his Superman.... And BOTH have very wide windows for inputing it, if your not playing half asleep.

I heard that his chop chop blades don't auto-correct anymore.

I have been playing online since the game came out and still cant even touch Raiden players with his incredibly fast teleport. in the older MK game you had enough time to react to a teleport from raiden but now his TP is way to fast and you dont have time to thing about anything. Kung Lao is now perfectly balanced and very fair. Its almost impossible to punish Raidens TP.

Raidens teleport need about 3 more frames. His TP should be the same speed as Cyrax TP, because Cyrax TP has perfect timeing.

Kenshi needs a major buff, I still have not played one good Kenshi player online. I have been using Kenshi for awhile and still cant do to much damage with him. He lacks speed and agility.

Who agrees with me?

Try my Kenshi?
:p

Raiden is a special case in this game. Since he has the fastest teleport in the game, he can seem to freely escape any pressure which might seem unfair, even more so in the corner. But raiden has slow, predictable strings that are all like -1 on block so that gives you enough time to low poke or something. Plus if you anticipate his teleport, you can hit him before he's able to do anything considering you hit him with a fast enough move. He's got a terrible projectile, his mixups are weak, he has good pokes, nice uppercut, awesome teleport.

And yeah, I can kinda see how they can see Raiden as unfair because he's the only character that kinda forces you to be on the defensive, even when you're on offence. But it's kinda like that with every single character. Just moreso with raiden

Raiden is a special case in this game. Since he has the fastest teleport in the game, he can seem to freely escape any pressure which might seem unfair, even more so in the corner. But raiden has slow, predictable strings that are all like -1 on block so that gives you enough time to low poke or something. Plus if you anticipate his teleport, you can hit him before he's able to do anything considering you hit him with a fast enough move. He's got a terrible projectile, his mixups are weak, he has good pokes, nice uppercut, awesome teleport.

And yeah, I can kinda see how they can see Raiden as unfair because he's the only character that kinda forces you to be on the defensive, even when you're on offence. But it's kinda like that with every single character. Just moreso with raiden

If you think raiden is going to teleport on wake up out of the corner just crossover jump his body. he'll teleport RIGHT where he was to begin with giving you a free full combo.

People still complain about these things?

:/

I dunno, most people who complain about characters needing this stuff just can't beat people who use those characters....not saying it is true in every case but just learn how to counter...I have beaten plenty of people who abuse Raiden's torpedo.

People still complain about these things?

:/

I dunno, most people who complain about characters needing this stuff just can't beat people who use those characters....not saying it is true in every case but just learn how to counter...I have beaten plenty of people who abuse Raiden's torpedo.

The real complaining this time is the teleporting spam. If you are stationairy and not doing anything you should be able to punish his teleport. People just want easy mode when playing online and want their SAME STRATEGY to work on everyone. Since raiden is a special case that makes you play a little more defensively people don't like it.

Online a torpedo threat and a teleport can be a 50/50 punish to someone who doesn't have a good wit/reflexes.

@ people complaining:
The trick guys is to dash block around really quickly that way you are 50% of the time blocking 50% of the time not doing anything. That way the raiden will be WAYYY too scared to torpedo. So he'll most likely lightning bolt/teleport. if the raiden likes his space when you get too close he'll probably teleport.

A torpedo is a full punish, so they will use these sparingly. If they are smart.

Now for the SMART raidens... well you're just going to need experience.
you got raidens that will use the torpedo fear to get a jump in punch on you. and free pressure. The lucky thing about that is, raiden's pressure sucks major balls outside of using his vicinity blast. and you can duck that.

So block everyone high while watching for his low string. And whenever he likes to do vicinity blast change to a duck and punish.

If you are having problems hitting a raiden that does Teleport into Crossover jump. RIGHT after he teleports do a really fast high attack, or a anti air (like a nuetral jump punch if you're really confident he'll jump again).

once you start punishing his teleport. Next time he teleports he'll be scared when he realizes you weren't blocking. So he'll hold block, then you can start grabbing.

this is me assuming they are somewhat of a thinker though... I mean you might have one of those raidens that just RANDOMLy guess between torpedo/teleport ect ect. If that's the case he has to trick you ten times while it should only take you 3-4 correct guesses. If you lose well most REAL matches are made up of best 2 of 3. So as long as you win 2 every 3 fights. You're better. That's one of the reasons it's always best 2 of 3 best 2 of 3 in tournaments. To prevent random luck factors like raidens switching between just those 2 options and getting lucky. He can't get lucking for up to 6+ rounds of the odds being... 3 to 10 in your favor.

The real complaining this time is the teleporting spam. If you are stationairy and not doing anything you should be able to punish his teleport. People just want easy mode when playing online and want their SAME STRATEGY to work on everyone. Since raiden is a special case that makes you play a little more defensively people don't like it.

Online a torpedo threat and a teleport can be a 50/50 punish to someone who doesn't have a good wit/reflexes.

@ people complaining:
The trick guys is to dash block around really quickly that way you are 50% of the time blocking 50% of the time not doing anything. That way the raiden will be WAYYY too scared to torpedo. So he'll most likely lightning bolt/teleport. if the raiden likes his space when you get too close he'll probably teleport.

A torpedo is a full punish, so they will use these sparingly. If they are smart.

Now for the SMART raidens... well you're just going to need experience.
you got raidens that will use the torpedo fear to get a jump in punch on you. and free pressure. The lucky thing about that is, raiden's pressure sucks major balls outside of using his vicinity blast. and you can duck that.

So block everyone high while watching for his low string. And whenever he likes to do vicinity blast change to a duck and punish.

If you are having problems hitting a raiden that does Teleport into Crossover jump. RIGHT after he teleports do a really fast high attack, or a anti air (like a nuetral jump punch if you're really confident he'll jump again).

once you start punishing his teleport. Next time he teleports he'll be scared when he realizes you weren't blocking. So he'll hold block, then you can start grabbing.

this is me assuming they are somewhat of a thinker though... I mean you might have one of those raidens that just RANDOMLy guess between torpedo/teleport ect ect. If that's the case he has to trick you ten times while it should only take you 3-4 correct guesses. If you lose well most REAL matches are made up of best 2 of 3. So as long as you win 2 every 3 fights. You're better. That's one of the reasons it's always best 2 of 3 best 2 of 3 in tournaments. To prevent random luck factors like raidens switching between just those 2 options and getting lucky. He can't get lucking for up to 6+ rounds of the odds being... 3 to 10 in your favor.

u r officially my favorite member on trmk critical. I couldnt have said it any better myself.

It doesn't work if you suck

yeah it just takes experience lol. You can't expect to learn how to beat a gimmick in a few tries. All raiden's think differently once you are capable of recognizing their pattern, you can adjust accordingly. What I said is a good basis for when you fight a stranger raiden. Adjust the gameplay as you see necessary.

Remember when Noob saibot was considered so good? Now he's mid low tier because people figured out his gimmick. He's not garbage by anymeans. But you don't see people in threads crying about him anymore.

yeah it just takes experience lol. You can't expect to learn how to beat a gimmick in a few tries. All raiden's think differently once you are capable of recognizing their pattern, you can adjust accordingly. What I said is a good basis for when you fight a stranger raiden. Adjust the gameplay as you see necessary.

Remember when Noob saibot was considered so good? Now he's mid low tier because people figured out his gimmick. He's not garbage by anymeans. But you don't see people in threads crying about him anymore.

Yeah if I get back into MK9 I have to look into your tactics because Raiden is my weakness. I just could never figure him out and he is one of Mileena's worst matchups