Would anyone be interested in Duke Nukem as a guest character?

mandead

Just for argument's sake, I am curious to see who'd be up for this. I saw a joke trailer on YouTube and laughed at the idea, even if it's not particularly convincing as trailers go. I've always been a big fan of Duke, and he's the sort of gaming icon with enough cultural awareness to appeal to plenty of MK fans, and they're very much games from the same era and originally aimed at - generally speaking - a similar crowd. I think an MK game would be a great platform for Duke; you could have some fairly inventive fatalities and brutalities, and his humour would easily come across in general.

AFAIK Gearbox own the rights to Duke now, and it's extremely unlikely they're ever going to make a beat 'em up involving Duke, so in theory it's possible - and I'd guess the rights would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Predator's. I'd love to hear Jon St. John in MKX. :p

What do you guys think? Is it time to kick ass and chew gum? :D

Nah. I love Duke Nukem for what he was but I don't want him in MKX. I'd rather NRS spend their time on better characters.

Well, I grew up loving him as a character. I was the only guy in the world who liked Duke Nukem Forever. Hell, I still have it.
But no. He does not need to be in any MK. We already have a conceited annoying narcissist with corny one-liners.
Nice idea gone wrong.

Why do we need a roster filled with guest characters in a Mortal Kombat game? Jason & Predator shouldn't even be in the game, so be glad that they're even included. I'm still pissed that instead of deserving characters being DLC (Fujin, Sindel, etc.), we get two terribly generic & irrelevant horror movie characters.

9b2914f05d8bda88620eb85904506dd7.jpg

Seriously though, I like Predator and Jason, but I don't think there should be anymore guests in Mortal Kombat.

well they allready ruined the game with too many gun characters so might as well throw in more till it basically becomes nothing but people standing at opposite ends of the screen shooting each other

i dont even look at MK as a martial arts fighting game anymore

sad but true

Why do we need a roster filled with guest characters in a Mortal Kombat game? Jason & Predator shouldn't even be in the game, so be glad that they're even included. I'm still pissed that instead of deserving characters being DLC (Fujin, Sindel, etc.), we get two terribly generic & irrelevant horror movie characters.

my thoughts exactly

my thoughts exactly
That's not a valid argument. There's no way that Predator or Jason were included at the expense of Fujin or another MK character. Freddy sold pretty well in MK9, and so it seems like it was always planned to have guest characters hereon out. NRS knows that Jason - and in particular, Predator - will sell like hotcakes, and so it's a good source of revenue for them.

I agree with you guys that Fujin should have been in MKX, and obviously I hoped for a long time that he would be, but it seems unlikely now. However, if you want to complain about characters taking his place, then blame Tanya or Tremor, not the guest characters - they were always going to happen, regardless of which two NRS decided on.

Duke is my favorite game character so if there HAD to be another guest character in an MK game I'd love it to be Duke. (not that i really want any guest characters)

Stroll in to the combat area with a couple of 'babes', unleash a 1 liner in that epic voice and get in to a fight.

Not sure what specials he could have, Mk already a lot of gun characters

Mighty boot of some sort maybe.... A jetpack move? Pipe bomb?

Shrink ray fatality?

NO more guest characters, whats wrong with the ones that the Mortal Kombat series already has.
There's some really good one still left off the roster.

Yes, just for the sake of making people more angry because they think other characters deserves their spots when they really don't.

Never understood the hate for guest characters. It's where NRS really shines in my opinion because they don't have any previous work to work with, like when bringing in a returning MK character. They have to build them from the ground up, and what knowledge they have of the character is very broad. I was very happy with Jason, due to how fun to play he was, and how they proved so many people wrong who thought nothing could be done with Jason because he's a simple slasher. I'm very excited for Predator, not only because he's Predator but because I'm eager to see what NRS is going to do with his character.

The same can be said for Tremor, since they have little to work with, just how they made him in MK: Special Forces. It's why I'm not excited for Tanya at all because not only do they have her MK4, MKD, and MKA incarnations, but she was already in story mode as well, so she doesn't feel fresh at all to me. Anyway, I wouldn't like Duke Nukem in the game because he's too colorful for MKX, and we already have Johnny for the biggest comedy in the game. I like Jason and Predator because they fit the MK theme.

Obviously everyone would rather see more MK kharacters, but if we were going to get another guest, Duke Nukem would be great. He's about as current as Jason, but much more of a fit in this world.

As much as I like Duke, it's unlikely and unfitting. Blade on the other hand...

[MENTION=18881]MKXGoon101[/MENTION] That game made me laugh. That counts.

Ed Boon already said that Blade and any other Marvel character is unlikely to be in MKX due to Disney owning Marvel and you would be promoting a rival company by doing that. Paramount and Disney are Time Warner's biggest rival companies. Duke Nukem is cool, but it's too late to have him in the game. Maybe in MK9, it would be cool since Duke Nukem was coming out soon and it would be a cool way to promote the game. However the series is a laughing stock now for being the biggest letdown after waiting 15 years for a proper sequel to Duke Nukem 3D.