Who should I main?

Ok this is killing me. W-A-R-L-O-C-K, please edit your posts.
Ain't no need in double, triple, or quad posting everywhere like you do.
Sorry to be a dink about it, but that ish has just been killing me lately.

My damn keyboard gets stuck sometimes and inputs double.

lmao Although it would be screwy if that kept happening alot. Also if the connection is messed up with a huge lag, that also causes the double-quadruple posts.

Now back on subject, I believe that Kung Lao is now balanced, but still overused and abused, especially with the Ground Hat and Dive Kick combination. Hey!! It's your choice on who you want to play as for you secondary roster.

lmao Although it would be screwy if that kept happening alot. Also if the connection is messed up with a huge lag, that also causes the double-quadruple posts.

Now back on subject, I believe that Kung Lao is now balanced, but still overused and abused, especially with the Ground Hat and Dive Kick combination. Hey!! It's your choice on who you want to play as for you secondary roster.

You are entitled to your opinion so I will respect that. BTW, in case I don't chat with you again today Happy New Year :)

Dude, Kung Lao is the secret Flash of MK9. Kung Lao = CHEAP. 100% valid can't argue that at all.

Agreed. Anyone who says he is a fair character is biased or mains a character that he has a bad matchup against. There are some noobs that can play any character and get completely demolished and they can pick up Kung Lao and only know the specials and come close to winning or actually win a round or two. Same with Mileena. I'm not talking about myself though, I see it a lot in KOTH rooms. Cyrax is not cheap though. His nets are super easy to predict and block, even on reaction. His bombs are also easily avoided.

You guys are lucky I'm away from a computer right now because I'm not texting an essay on your ignorance of Kung Lao. And how your specific complaints hold no merit to him being unbalanced. Lowhat leads to nothing it's no better than lui hangs low fireball. And dive kick is only used on reaction on someone who's jumped or had too much recovery time on their projectile.

Immortal I think you are the one who's biased as Lao may have the easiest time punishing a blocked nomad dash but everyone can punish it. Lao is just easily more consistent. Which is irrelevant because you don't Balance a game on the low level or average player metagame you do it based on pro level play.

You play cyrax who just so happens to get raped by Kung Lao. You don't see me complaining that kenshi is OP just because he destroys jade, because I know my character has problems but not everyone.

You guys are biased because your losing to people or almost losing to people who just spam his specials? That's not something wrong with the character there is somethin wrong with the way you're playing the game. A special alternating kung Lao will never beat me without using his normals to mix me up and pressure me.

Cyrax isn't the only person who I play as, I've stated that a few times before. There is no denying that he's easy to win with. I faced this guy that beat me with my mains. I decided to pick Kung Lao just for shits and giggles. I completely destroyed him and I don't even really use Kung Lao at all. If I mained him, my 5.0 record would probably be doubled. I also see a lot of Kung Lao players in KOTH rooms completely destroying people and as soon as they pick any other character they lose. Even people who don't main him, even people who just pick him up once in a while. There are even pro players who picked him up just to be able to be on their level. Did you watch the PDP tournament? Kung Laos everywhere.

I don't care if you agree or not, I don't know why you always try to debate with me, get a grip. Your ego is through the roof lately.

Hmmm, things like this can be hard to answer because you really have to experience the characters for yourself and figure out who you feel most comfortable with. For me, I actually main Sonya. I like her speed and her combos.

I say Mileena.

My four main characters are Jade, Kitana, Mileena, and Sindel and as far as I can see, Mileena is the fastest of them (but Jade is my most favorite still. lol ;-) ).

Instead of saying pick so and so because there fast, why not give him/her a good reason to main a character.

Sub Zero, Has the tools to keep an opponent in the corner, has a decent Mixing game, High damaging combos, can play keep away but has a deadly rush down as well.

I recommend sub zero.

Cyrax isn't the only person who I play as, I've stated that a few times before. There is no denying that he's easy to win with. I faced this guy that beat me with my mains. I decided to pick Kung Lao just for shits and giggles. I completely destroyed him and I don't even really use Kung Lao at all. If I mained him, my 5.0 record would probably be doubled. I also see a lot of Kung Lao players in KOTH rooms completely destroying people and as soon as they pick any other character they lose. Even people who don't main him, even people who just pick him up once in a while. There are even pro players who picked him up just to be able to be on their level. Did you watch the PDP tournament? Kung Laos everywhere.

I don't care if you agree or not, I don't know why you always try to debate with me, get a grip. Your ego is through the roof lately.

PDP tournament?

That is so old and pre patch. You seen devastation and that most recent tournament? Almost zero Kung Laos.

Even the # 1 kung Lao player is dropping him and playing cyrax the character you defend so much. I know you play kabal as well. Funny you play all these characters who are destroying lives harder than Kung Lao is at high level play lately. Sonya is even placing better than Kung Laos. Justin Wong plays raiden now.

If he's so OP why is everyone dropping him and playing your 2 characters you currently play? Hes no where near represented as much as he use to be and it's obvious you haven't been keeping up with the meta game when you bring up pre patch tournies and base your analysis off that.

The reason I always argue is because I'm not gonna sit by and let you tell someone to not main people because you say they are broken and cheap when they are not.

I can mathmatically show why he's not cheap but as i said I'm not texting an essay. When I'm home perhaps.

PDP tournament?

That is so old and pre patch. You seen devastation and that most recent tournament? Almost zero Kung Laos.

Even the # 1 kung Lao player is dropping him and playing cyrax the character you defend so much. I know you play kabal as well. Funny you play all these characters who are destroying lives harder than Kung Lao is at high level play lately. Sonya is even placing better than Kung Laos. Justin Wong plays raiden now.

If he's so OP why is everyone dropping him and playing your 2 characters you currently play? Hes no where near represented as much as he use to be and it's obvious you haven't been keeping up with the meta game when you bring up pre patch tournies and base your analysis off that.

The reason I always argue is because I'm not gonna sit by and let you tell someone to not main people because you say they are broken and cheap when they are not.

I can mathmatically show why he's not cheap but as i said I'm not texting an essay. When I'm home perhaps.
Maybe players are dropping him because the level of "skill respect" players wants to be known for drops when they main a character like Kung Lao. Because the truth is Kung Lao is OP and easy to win with. Just go to most of the KOTH rooms and see lol. Players who tag team with Kung Lao and Cyrax is like a tag team of Superman and the Flash lol. Cheap + Cheaper.

I have much gaming respect for good Baraka, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Cyber Sub-Zero, Liu Kang and Sonya players.

Don't get me started on Mileena, Kabal, Kano and Raiden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe players are dropping him because the level of "skill respect" players wants to be known for drops when they main a character like Kung Lao. Because the truth is Kung Lao is OP and easy to win with. Just go to most of the KOTH rooms and see lol. Players who tag team with Kung Lao and Cyrax is like a tag team of Superman and the Flash lol. Cheap + Cheaper.

If people are still getting shit stomped by kung lao that tells me that you learned nothing about the match up, a skilled player would adapted the second round and shut down most of your options, as of know with his Damage nerfed and the spin push back gone he's alot easier to fight against.

damn it started, heres the cheap list:

OP CHEAP CHARACTERS:

Cyrax
Kung Lao
Kabal
Raiden
Mileena
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sindel

damn it started, heres the cheap list:

OP CHEAP CHARACTERS:

Cyrax
Kung Lao
Kabal
Raiden
Mileena
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sindel

It would be nice if you take Mileena, raiden, Kano, cage, Kung lao and sindel out.

These are probably the characters you have trouble with

BALANCED CHARACTERS:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Cyber Sub-Zero
Sonya
Jade
Kitana
Ermac
Reptile
Kratos
Rain
Liu Kang
Baraka
Nightwolf
Skarlet
Kenshi
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sektor
Noob Saibot
Stryker
Quan Chi
Jax
Smoke

damn lol thats all of them.

It would be nice if you take Mileena, raiden, Kano, cage, Kung lao and sindel out.

These are probably the characters you have trouble with

No I destoy all. I do have trouble with skilled spamming Cyrax and Kabal abusers.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be the only time I back up Mileena.
She's not cheap, I consider her along with Sektor to be the most balanced characters in the game.
Listing Kung Lao as OP or cheap now is ridiculous.. it's like saying Ermac is OP again.
Ermac, Cyrax, and Kung Lao have been nerfed down insanely hard, Cyrax still has his resets though.
Raiden OP? Lol, hell no... I don't even know where to begin with that.
It's like Vital said, you just have a bad match up with them and you haven't figured out the right way to beat them yet.
Try not doing so many JiP's against Kung Lao.. he will spin yo ass.

WARLOCK, please use the "edit post" button if you have another thought to add instead of making multiple posts in a row, that way we won't have to merge your posts together. Thanks.