TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Hmmmm I see the problem. Destroy I'm gonna theorize here but you need to do one thing before you do the other. Simply put you have to decide if you want to lose fat first or gain muscle first, you can't do both I believe

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You should focus on one before the other. Preferably, you should bulk up first and then shred down the fat. Muscle growth demands a powerful diet. Eating up to 8 meals a day.

lol 8 meals a day. that would be pretty crazy to do. do I have to be on a vegetable only diet? cuz I'd go crazy if I had to.

^^ You need a sufficient calorie intake depending on your goals. You need a surplus for weight gain, or a deficit for weight loss. You also need plenty of protein for building muscle. I'm going by 1g/lb body weight.

That being said, it's easier said than done, as diet is something I'm struggling with right now as well. I'm used to eating fewer large meals. I have a good idea on protein intake, but not total calories consumed. I have a high metabolism; I can eat more than most people 30+ lbs heavier than I am, yet my weight stays at the same range.

Last edited:
I probably find diet the hardest thing. I see people that look like they obviously work out. and they eat at places like pizza hut and tim hortons and they drink pop or beer lots. so I don't know how they do it. another thing is I find there always some sort of occasion for eating shit food like it will be thanks giving, Christmas, new years, Easter, my birthday, a friends birthday, a relatives birthday, and more. its all so spread throughout the year. like the family invites me over for dinner im not going there for an apple.

You generally want to eat foods rich in protein like eggs, steak, chicken and nuts. Healthy foods allow you to eat an abundance of meals, without going too far over your calorie limit. Whereas if you want to keep eating unhealthy, you need to cut it way back per day.

I heard suggestions that one should eat every 2 hours, although I don't find that possible, especially at work. I could try to squeeze in 4 meals a day though. I am considering eating a little more during my rest days instead of limiting the big eating to workout days.

I am thinking of just having a day just for back and abs instead of occasionally doing them in between my arm and leg days. I allowed some rest for my back, now it's time to start strengthen it. I'm starting to get back to pulling exercises again, not at my maximum weight (I haven't fully recovered), but it's better than nothing. It seems like I make better gains with my legs than my arms.

Killer news Flawless.
Glad to see you getting your back all straighten out.

Wait a minute...

Anyway my dumbass went to sĺeep and woke up with a collarbone injury. I could barely throw any jabs or raise my left side to fast before it would start hurting again. Hopefully when I go to sleep right now I'll wake up feeling somewhat better

I ended up visiting a chiropractor to help me with my back issue. Unfortunately, the spine and ribcage like to move around, so it will take frequent adjustments before they are "stable". I was reluctant to spend the money at first, but I didn't want to wait until the problem got worse, and further hold me back on my workout routine. I am hoping that strengthening my core will also help with the recovery process.

What kind of injury is it? Hopefully it's nothing too serious. It sucks being set back by injury.

I see, well keep up the good work.

I had already cracked my collar bone back in middle school so idk if this is just a tap on the same spot but its nothing too major at the moment. I'm hoping sleep will take care of some of the problem

I'm starting to get back to doing squats again. I'm lowering the weight this time around. I don't want to screw up my back again, and I should just squat a little deeper anyways.

I see people wear belts for squatting. Is it essential for squatting or does it simply help your performance.

Recently I seen a few people wearing are masks that supposedly deprive themselves of oxygen. Besides looking funny, I question what their benefit, especially when I see them lifting weights.

I'm starting to get back to doing squats again. I'm lowering the weight this time around. I don't want to screw up my back again, and I should just squat a little deeper anyways.

I see people wear belts for squatting. Is it essential for squatting or does it simply help your performance.

Recently I seen a few people wearing are masks that supposedly deprive themselves of oxygen. Besides looking funny, I question what their benefit, especially when I see them lifting weights.

You should always go past parallel when you're squatting or else you're not getting the full benefit, especially if you're doing lighter weight. If you can, go ass to grass.

People wear belts for squatting for posture purposes, so you don't strain your lower back. It's not necessary for lighter weight and high reps, but you should wear one if you're doing sets of 1-3 reps as heavy as you can.

Oxygen masks are for cardio purposes, and it's honestly not as beneficial as its made out to be.

Here's an update of my progress. I do weighted calisthenics and jiu jitsu.
It's not a show-stopping physique but it gets the job done.

FOkk_TBB26.jpg

Ran a half marathon in September. Recovery was faster then my first time I did one, it only took a day to recover compared to two days.

Weight lifting, slowly climbing the ladder my muscles are getting to used to my current weights so I have to up everything by 5.

Bi's and Tri's: 30

Chest: 75

Shoulders/Delts: 25

Traps: 30

Forearms: 20

Ran a half marathon in September. Recovery was faster then my first time I did one, it only took a day to recover compared to two days.

Weight lifting, slowly climbing the ladder my muscles are getting to used to my current weights so I have to up everything by 5.

Bi's and Tri's: 30

Chest: 75

Shoulders/Delts: 25

Traps: 30

Forearms: 20
Kilos or Lbs? Might be a dumb question.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Lbs. Not at all I should've specified.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
For your chest and Delts, are those individual dumbell weights or the total amount of weight you're pressing?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk