There WON'T be anymore DLC characters.

mileena doesn't need any more costumes. and if you think shinnok will be the unplayable boss in the next game then shouldn't he be playable in this one through dlc. kinda contradicts your statement about saving characters for mk10. what is the point of saving him to be an unplayable boss in the next game?

IMO: after freddy I think were good for a while. But how bout some new levels, fatalities, -alities, costumes, game mode(s), better online.... After Freddy that's all i'll ever care about.

MK10 talk is madness, stop the madness, MK9 is barely 4 months old!!

We'll get UMK9 long before MK10, so just quit all this MK10 crazy talk.

I say this to myself everytime I see someone's post and read "hopefully it will be in MK10" or "Suggestions for MK10 story line" ... really!?

Last edited:
I would love to see Animalities as DLC. With the 3D models of this game and running on this engine, they would look amazing. Liu Kangs dragon is the proof of concept. Look how awesome that is. Man NightWolf transforming into a wolf and Subbie into a polar bear just tearing people to shreds. It would be ****in ridunkulous!

I don't care if the next batch of DLC characters is leaked and contains Shinnok and Fujin, fixing online is still my #1 concern.

Given Carlos Pesina tweeted last week he's doing more mocap work, its likely there will be more DLC. Though my guess is it will be a fatality pack or such. Its highly unlikely they've already greenlit more characters, and got them planned out all the way to mocap phase already.

As for more guest characters, if the higher revenue folks like Freddy are likely to generate justify NRS also creating 3 legitimate MK characters per guest, I'm all for it.

I keep reading all these post about more MK characters.I heard that Boon said there won't be anymore.I'll be honest I do want more ppl play as.On the other hand...they have to save somethin for the next game.If they do release more characters i think it will be a long ass time.I do think that we are going to get more costumes which sounds GREAT to me.4 costumes to every character will hold me over until the next game.If they give us all these new characters that we want AND new fatalities then we are going to have to wait forever for the next MK.

I would not be surprised if we get all the MK2 ninjas.We will definitely be getting Mk2 Meleena.I'm sure everyone has seen Mk3 Sub-Zero unmasked so we know hes in for next month.

If they don't make anymore DLC for this game that be a SHAME! But if not they better get to work on MK10 and get it out in 2012 then!

I can see more characters on the way but NOT through DLC. I wouldnt be surprised if Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 is released in 2012 with 5 or so added characters

I can see more characters on the way but NOT through DLC. I wouldnt be surprised if Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 is released in 2012 with 5 or so added characters
Umk3 was only made cause mk3 was rushed and didnt feel complete

MK9 is just about as complete as you can get (minus Motaro and Robo Smoke)
So I hope they do not make UMK9 as that would be unecissary and greedy. Dont know why people want NRS to adapt capcom's ignorant ways of releasing games

IMO: after freddy I think were good for a while. But how bout some new levels, fatalities, -alities, costumes, game mode(s), better online.... After Freddy that's all i'll ever care about.

I say this to myself everytime I see someone's post and read "hopefully it will be in MK10" or "Suggestions for MK10 story line" ... really!?

Yeah really...

You do know that there's a team already working on MK10's story, right?

they wont do an umk9 cuz ppl would have paid over $20 for dlc. they wldnt release a new disk game an charge more.

notice how mvc3 stopped dlc after only 2 chars and the disk version will add 12.

so yea, i foresee more dlc for mk9

No more characters, yep, i heard that too in one Boon's interview. But he said "there will be no one more"! This means, he told us only bout "alive" persons, i.e. characters:) Not including costumes, fatalities or anything else they decide to give us:)

i hope they don't stop characters. i like the format of one character and 2 classic costumes, there are plenty of characters who haven't gotten a classic costume, so why stop?