The Official Team Battle Thread Jan 2012- Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, be good if everyone got their matches finished tonight, including my team. Can't update the league table until I have final scores in.

N9 and I played today, beat him 2-0. or is it to late for him to make our match up?

Has he played the rest of your team?

And n9195v, you still haven't played Canada? Probably going to just wave your games against them now, they've waited since thursday.

EU and VA are finishing now. I'll tally points up afterwards.

Last edited:
Good games Europe. Except all those resets, cause thats bull shit.

Mmmm....salt.

But I guess Cyrax needs 80% damage cause he has no low starters...yeah. but hey I took it 2-0 I'm salty on travokanes behalf.

Mmmm....salt.

But I guess Cyrax needs 80% damage cause he has no low starters...yeah. but hey I took it 2-0 I'm salty on travokanes behalf.

I love your jay and silent bob relationship.

Mmmm....salt.

Haha, we were leading you in the "first half" but I have a feeling you have pipped us by a couple of points now :p

iVital, you need to get Budd and Tesus online to play against n9195v. To be fair, I wish Budd, n9195v and Tesus would give everyone notice because they just dissapear without saying anything and no one knows if they are playing or not. I commend you for playing on your own but this must be making you a bit fed up? Playing on your own? And n9195v, USA are getting slaughtered and you've been awol all weekend. Aw well, its your games and points guys, i try and make sure all my team are on.

Im going to tally up my and VA's points. I know Texas are supposed to be concluding their match with Canada tonight, so tomorrow morning im hoping to see scores from these other games. No scores means im just going to take the scores of the matches played earlier.

NotEvenMad.jpeg

I mean they have lives just like we do, and it could be something personal that could be holding them back from playing.. Yea, it would be nice if you keep me updated but its all cool because I can solo a team and come close to winning it for my team.

NotEvenMad.jpeg

I mean they have lives just like we do, and it could be something personal that could be holding them back from playing.. Yea, it would be nice if you keep me updated but its all cool because I can solo a team and come close to winning it for my team.

However this can be somewhat unfair iVital. For instance, imagine if I just sent Shura out and VA just played Treadmill and Mike. Our teams would have dominated everyone by now. I admire you playing on your own but im going to insist that your next set of matches will require a minimum of two players present, and this will go for all the teams. BUDD and Tesus I think are hiding and relying on you to get the big points.

Shura vs Mike 2-0
Shura vs BeatDown 2-0
Shura vs Treadmill 2-0
Shura vs Travokane 1-2

Flagg vs Travokane 2-1
Flagg vs Mike 0-2
Flagg vs Tread 0-2
Flagg vs BeatDown 2-0

Ufle vs Mike 0-2
Ufle vs BeatDown 1-2
Ufle vs Tread 0-2
Ufle vs Trav 2-1

Pink vs Mike 0-2
Pink vs Beatdown 2-1
Pink vs Trav 2-1
Pink vs Treadmill 0-2

Virginia 25 points EU 23 points

TWO POINTS you beat us by!

Final score;

Virginia 25/16 = 1.6 EU 23/16 = 1.4

However this can be somewhat unfair iVital. For instance, imagine if I just sent Shura out and VA just played Treadmill and Mike. Our teams would have dominated everyone by now. I admire you playing on your own but im going to insist that your next set of matches will require a minimum of two players present, and this will go for all the teams. BUDD and Tesus I think are hiding and relying on you to get the big points.

What about Substitute players, can I PM a friend if they cant make it? And I don't think that idea would work out very well.. what if they never show up at all, should I be forced to sit out and give a team free points for there absence that's mad lame =/

Shura vs Mike 2-0
Shura vs BeatDown 2-0
Shura vs Treadmill 2-0
Shura vs Travokane 1-2

Flagg vs Travokane 2-1
Flagg vs Mike 0-2
Flagg vs Tread 0-2
Flagg vs BeatDown 2-0

Ufle vs Mike 0-2
Ufle vs BeatDown 1-2
Ufle vs Tread 0-2
Ufle vs Trav 2-1

Pink vs Mike 0-2
Pink vs Beatdown 2-1
Pink vs Trav 2-1
Pink vs Treadmill 0-2

Virginia 25 points EU 23 points

TWO POINTS you beat us by!

Final score;

Virginia 25/16 = 1.6 EU 23/16 = 1.4

11985.jpg

BTW I bought a box of fruity pebbles today, but I couldn't see who was on the back.

What about Substitute players, can I PM a friend if they cant make it? And I don't think that idea would work out very well.. what if they never show up at all, should I be forced to sit out and give a team free points for there absence that's mad lame =/

Okay. You pretty much beat USA single handedly. If Budd and Tesus turned up, there is a chance USA could have won some games off them. Yes it is lame and I dont want to go down that path, but you cant keep playing on your own, its plain not fair. How can they not spare 15 minutes, twice a week?

We have a rematch, iVital. Everyone does. How fair on you would it be if magically, all my team mates would be sick, except for Shura. You know, the guy that beat you 2-0? So...chances are he plays you, representing my team, wins 2-0, my team gets 3 points, yours gets 0. Or, BeatDown says "unfortunately, only Mike Metroid can play you tonight iVital", you know, that awesome Cage player and I know Cage is a bad match for you. See how lame that is? I want this tournie to be fair for all, thats all. Why do you think im giving extensions on unfinished matches?

We have a rematch, iVital. Everyone does. How fair on you would it be if magically, all my team mates would be sick, except for Shura. You know, the guy that beat you 2-0? So...chances are he plays you, representing my team, wins 2-0, my team gets 3 points, yours gets 0. Or, BeatDown says "unfortunately, only Mike Metroid can play you tonight iVital", you know, that awesome Cage player and I know Cage is a bad match for you. See how lame that is? I want this tournie to be fair for all, thats all. Why do you think im giving extensions on unfinished matches?

Oh god, nvrmind... great idea.. Shura's Kabal gave me nightmares. Is there a way to tweak the point system if its one man vs a whole team? o-o I doubt it though =L

Budd did play Flagg.

Here was the results in case you didnt see them:
Zoid vs. Vital: 2-0 Vital
Zoid vs. Budd: 2-0 Budd
Johnny vs. Budd: 2-1 Budd
Johnny vs. Vital: 2-0 Johnny

So now N9 needs to play budd if possible. Has Tesus just dropped out or something? I would like to try and redeem myself if possible.

Budd did play Flagg.

Here was the results in case you didnt see them:

So now N9 needs to play budd if possible. Has Tesus just dropped out or something? I would like to try and redeem myself if possible.

This is what im getting at. How is it Budd was around yesterday, but when it comes to playing your best player, neither Budd or Tesus are around.

The point system is fair when people play fair. The whole point of TEAM BATTLE is a TEAM PLAYS. Not one man.

If you look at that, Vital has 11 points, your team has 1. Rounded up, that gives iVital 2.7 points, and you 0.3 points. Now if I include his result against n9195v, that will take him to 2.9, and you to 0.1. And guess what, there is no Budd or Tesus for you guys to win points back. Convenient huh?

This is what im going to do. n9195v has tonight to finish off against Canada, otherwise i'll just have to give Canada that massive win they got on you and Rook. If he doesn't play Tesus and Budd tonight, i'll just not include his match with iVital. iVital will still win, but it wont be as unfair on you in terms of points.

I don't want to shaft anyone. Imme and Zoid, i'll throw both of you a bone. If you want to ditch players and swap them for someone else, you have until Thursday to do this. n9195v absence is costing USA points and BUDD and Tesus absence is too unfair, bordering on cheating for D South, and i wont have it.

Next tournie I make, im going to remember people and not let them join. Kanye will be one of these people. It's just ******** that these tournies start and people enter, then dont bother turning up.

Last edited:
Johnny earned 4 points actually :p

Like I said I want to play Tesus, and n9 probably wants to play Budd and Tesus as well. But Budd may have stuff going on and it is my fault for not letting n9 know sooner when our matches were going to be yesterday.

Tesus needs to get his act together though, it is getting annyoing having to play only one or two people.

Johnny earned 4 points actually :p

Like I said I want to play Tesus, and n9 probably wants to play Budd and Tesus as well. But Budd may have stuff going on and it is my fault for not letting n9 know sooner when our matches were going to be yesterday.

Tesus needs to get his act together though, it is getting annyoing having to play only one or two people.

Okay, sorry I read that wrong. So it's 8 points D South, 4 points USA, not including n9195v and iVitals game.

Current games and their scores:

D South vs USA

D South 8 points USA 4 points

Final score D South 8/4 = 2 USA 4/4 = 1

Canada vs USA

Rip Crowley (2) vs Zoidberg (0)
Cosmic (2) vs Zoidberg (0)
GUTZ (2) vs Zoidberg (0)

Cosmic (2) vs Johnny Rook (0)
Shujinkydink (2) vs Johnny Rook (0)
GUTZ (2) vs Johnny Rook (0)

Canada 18 USA 0

Final Score: Canada 3 USA 0

Canada vs Texas

Dink (2) vs squirrel (1)

Rip (2) vs squirrel (0)

Cosmic (2) vs squirrel (0)

GUTZ (2) vs squirrel (0)

Canada 11 Texas 1

Canada final score 2.7 Texas final score 0.3

I'm going to bed in a bit. If they required players haven't turned up for their matches with the other teams when I wake up in the morning, then i'm going to use the above scores as the final scores. I'm not having this tournie drag. End of.

+++League Update++++

Seeing as EU and VA are the only teams to be up to date, VA is top but EU is second! This will probably change soon when Canada and D Souths final scores come through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.