The Tweet:
https://twitter.com/NetherRealm/status/558752856958726144?lang=en

The Image:
B8EWwzFCMAAJEHO.png:large

The Teaser:

New stuff - Ermac revealed!

Ermac Trailer:

The intro quotes:
All of the various dialogue from the trailer and stream!

Sub-Zero: How many souls do you harbor?
Ermac: We wield the might of thousands!
Sub-Zero: Yet you have no heart.

Ermac: Sub-Zero.
Sub-Zero: Shao Kahn is gone! You're free.
Ermac: Come, feel his presence!

Scorpion: I sense Shao Kahn in you.
Ermac: Our leader is part of us.
Scorpion: I will remove him.

Kotal Kahn: I thought us allies, Ermac.
Ermac: We will depose the emperor.
Kotal Kahn: Now you will perish.

Kung Lao: Quan Chi.
Quan Chi: Enjoy your last breaths.
Kung Lao: I have prevailed before, demon.

Kano: I love a good hat.
Kung Lao: Do not provoke a Shaolin.
Kano: You toss your shoes as well?

Kotal Kahn: What is the meaning of this?
Kung Lao: Must everything have meaning?
Kotal Kahn: I will kill you for sport!

Raiden: Kung Lao!
Kung Lao: Forgive me, Lord Raiden.
Raiden: I forgive your impending failure.

Kung Lao: Does your mind remember?
Ermac: All since our creation.
Kung Lao: Then you will remember this.

Sub-Zero: Ermac.
Ermac: Your soul is corrupt!
Sub-Zero: Not corrupted. Freed.

Last edited:
I hope people will ask them to explain Reptile's and Kitana's variations and show some gameplay of them.

I don't have class, so I can watch it until it ends. I hope the new character is someone new or someone from MK4 - MKA. I hope for Fujin or Reiko.

I'm excited to see Kitana's and Reptile's variations and the next reveal. If it's Mileena, that'll be awesome. I also wouldn't mind seeing a new character.

I primarily wanna see Kitana and Reptile, even at the expense of Kung Lao, because we at least have some knowledge of his variations. Hopefully they manage to fit in all three.

I think the new character won't get any gameplay, but they'll have a separate video for him/her (hopefully a variation trailer).

I reckon we're in for a new character tomorrow since it'll be the right platform to give a backstory and explain this new character in depth since a regular "Who's Next?" video wouldn't really be able to do that. Aside from that, I think I'm more excited to see if the select screen has changed any. Hopefully it will be finalized and we can get a gist of the amount of characters there will be

I think the new character won't get any gameplay, but they'll have a separate video for him/her (hopefully a variation trailer).

Why not though?

They have more then enough time to show off Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao and the "new" character.
Didn't they show off all the characters in the last stream? I'm sure they'll do that same thing this time, but with the newly revealed characters.

Why not though?

They have more then enough time to show off Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao and the "new" character.
Didn't they show off all the characters in the last stream? I'm sure they'll do that same thing this time, but with the newly revealed characters.
Last stream only lasted less than an hour and yes, they played every character, but they only went in-depth with 2 of Kotal's variations (Blood totems, Sun God) and 1 of Quan's (Sorcerer). The rest were just normal matches. If they're gonna show off what each variation is about, it will take longer than playing out a match normally, and since they'd theoretically be doing up to 9 (12 if they show gameplay of the new char), and they like their stream at about 1 hour, there might not be enough time.

They need to do 1 match per variation, so it would be about 15 minutes per character. They just might be able to squeeze it all in, but we'd get little to no actual matches, lol. I guess it depends on if they're just showcasing variations or if they're gonna actually fight a bit as well. We'll see.

Ed just posted a bernie mac pic. New reveal is ermac. HAS TO BE D:
Ermac is very likely in. He's gotten just as many Twitter shotouts as Kitana and Reptile, and look what that got them. Plus, there's that concept art; if they're trying to shove in as many characters as they can before release, as they claimed, I'm sure a character model they already have finished is close to the top of that list, since only animations and moveset would need to be implemented, and they already have a big blueprint thanks to MK9.

I'm really hoping for at least him or Kenshi, personally. We need a TK character that's not Takeda.

But, yeah, that's definitely a hint, and it should raise hope given the obvious Reptile hints a day before his debut. Boon is being very generous, it seems. Ermac would also cause a hypesplosion, as per Tyler's description of the reveal, since he has a tendency to look ever so badass. And Bernie Mac is an anagram of Ermac Be In.

Last edited:
I doubt they'll go that in depth with the variations. Probably just going to show them off, and what they can do, then move on.

They never promised anything, but people would be pretty disappointed if we didn't at least get a couple matches with Reptile and that new character. They've pretty much stolen the spotlight from Kitana and Kung Lao.

And I guess it depends on when they reveal this new character. If it's at the beginning of the stream, id bet on seeing some gameplay...But if they don't show it right away, it'll probably just be squeezed into the end.

EDIT: Also, more content = longer stream. They didn't have brand new characters to show off last time, so it was shorter.

Last edited:
I doubt they'll go that in depth with the variations. Probably just going to show them off, and what they can do, then move on.

They never promised anything, but people would be pretty disappointed if we didn't at least get a couple matches with Reptile and that new character. They've pretty much stolen the spotlight from Kitana and Kung Lao.

And I guess it depends on when they reveal this new character. If it's at the beginning of the stream, id bet on seeing some gameplay...But if they don't show it right away, it'll probably just be squeezed into the end.

EDIT: Also, more content = longer stream. They didn't have brand new characters to show off last time, so it was shorter.

I hope you're right. I'm just naturally prone to lower my expectations about everything, lol.

If this is a returning character, I hope it's Mileena or Ermac, but I'd rather have someone new for once.

Honestly, I don't see how this stream could go wrong. They have so much content that were worried they won't get to show it all. :laugh: