The Next MK Game Should Have ___ On The Cover

Hm....

gkuBQLh.jpg

The one above with Ed lurking behind the letters is probably too creepy xD

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't mind if MKX11's boxart was something very simple along the lines of this:

ezLz7Ep.jpg

Just the logo. But I imagine they'll do something like MK2 or Deception.

Scorpion is the most iconic character and the mascot of the series and the studios. Deal with it.

So? Doesn't mean he has to be on every cover. Imagine the MK11 boxart being the same as MKX. How will a casual gamer be able to tell the difference? Plenty of people at this point agree Scorpion has been done to death, becoming almost boring. If you must put an iconic ninja on the cover, at least put this time Sub-Zero. I'd like to see something completely different for a change.

Last time I checked, MK games that either just had the dragon logo or didn't have Scorpion on the cover also sold well......

MK1 Sega Cover.jpg

MKII Sega cover.jpg

MK3 Sega cover.jpg

MK Deadly Alliance PS2 cover.jpg

MK Armageddon PS2 cover.jpg

As for the reason why new characters can't be on the cover and sell lots of copies..........

Hmmmm....... Perhaps that's the yellow color blind version of Kitana in MK4, and Dragon King Shao Kahn with wings in Deception. /sarcasm :bird:

MK4 PlayStation cover.jpg MK Deception PS2 cover.jpg

^ you shouldn't do PR
average joe reaction to that cover: "who the **** is that?"
With NRS track record, two things will happen:
1) Dragon logo
2) Scorpion. Most likely with Sub-Zero.

The Dragon Logo and...
View attachment 8501

This woman's face on the background while a possessed Jade is in the center of the background watching Kitana and Tanya fight each other on one side of the background while the other side of the background shows Raiden and Liu Kang fighting each other. The main focus of the picture is Scorpion and Sub-Zero fighting.

MK.jpg

Onaga.
Kotal.
Shao.

I would love it if everything we came to know about MK was turned on its head. Dark Raiden, Evil Liu and Kitana, challenging Kotal to Mortal Kombat. Somehow, all of this undoes Shao Kahn's end. Our Earthrealm Heroes can't depend on Raiden anymore as a guide. With Sub Zero and Hanzo to guide them, they broker an alliance with Kotal - and fight for Outworld in Mortal Kombat. Shao Kahn returns and unwittingly resurrects the Dragon King. And in the end? Kotal Kahn gets to be the big damn hero. Kicking Shao's ass all over Outworld and then punching out the heart of Onaga.

I wish.

Scorpion doesn't NEED to be on the cover for the game to sell well, and 7 games in the past have proven that.
After 23 years, if gaming people don't know that iconic dragon logo, then they've been living under a rock.
MK has made its mark on pop-culture, and it doesn't need a yellow-clad ninja on the cover to sell games.
Scorpion on the cover is just a bonus, the same way that Super Mario on the cover of a Super Mario game is a bonus, but neither of those is NEEDED to sell more copies.
The dragon logo alone would still sell a TON of copies, just the same way that the words "Super Mario" on the cover of the game would sell a TON of copies.
Do Elvis or The Beatles need to be on the front cover of their music albums to sell copies? No.
It's a nice added bonus, but it isn't needed.
THAT'S my point.

Scorpion doesn't NEED to be on the cover for the game to sell well, and 7 games in the past have proven that.
After 23 years, if gaming people don't know that iconic dragon logo, then they've been living under a rock.
MK has made its mark on pop-culture, and it doesn't need a yellow-clad ninja on the cover to sell games.
Scorpion on the cover is just a bonus, the same way that Super Mario on the cover of a Super Mario game is a bonus, but neither of those is NEEDED to sell more copies.
The dragon logo alone would still sell a TON of copies, just the same way that the words "Super Mario" on the cover of the game would sell a TON of copies.
Do Elvis or The Beatles need to be on the front cover of their music albums to sell copies? No.
It's a nice added bonus, but it isn't needed.
THAT'S my point.
Funny you bring up the Beatles...their highest RIAA certified album had NOTHING but a blank sheet of white on that cover (otherwise it wouldn't be called the White Album). (Then again, it was a double album, so the RIAA counted the sales twice in the certification because of it.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yup.
The White Album is mostly what I was implying.
I don't remember an Elvis album without Elvis on it, but I'm pretty sure that the name Elvis alone would have sold millions.
Metallica's Black Album is the same.
No artwork needed to sell the album.
Mortal Kombat is the same in the games category.
I'm pretty sure that the words Mortal Kombat, alone, would sell millions of copies of the game.
The dragon logo, Scorpion and all the other art is bonus filler fluff, but not needed.
The name alone has become a pop-culture icon.

I'd say Takeda (with a different costume of course) and Scorpion with shao kahn's helmet behind them in the background.

But hey, we all know the next game is going to be Scorpion adventure game.

Yup.
The White Album is mostly what I was implying.
I don't remember an Elvis album without Elvis on it, but I'm pretty sure that the name Elvis alone would have sold millions.
Metallica's Black Album is the same.
No artwork needed to sell the album.
Mortal Kombat is the same in the games category.
I'm pretty sure that the words Mortal Kombat, alone, would sell millions of copies of the game.
The dragon logo, Scorpion and all the other art is bonus filler fluff, but not needed.
The name alone has become a pop-culture icon.
The Dragon Logo, however, is necessary. It is the video game equivalent of Iron Maiden's famous mascot, Eddie the Head (see my avatar).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk