The Dragonball Evolution Movie Thread

Re: "Dragonball" Trailer Leaked

I felt the Autobots had more backstory thanks to Optimus then the Decepticons for sure, yeah I read about those guys being in the sequel(awesome!)

I also heard rumors(this isn't confirmed just a rumor) that the Dino bots or Dinobot will pop up at some point. (I'm thinking they may go a similar route like they did with Scorpinok since there were a few versions of him)

Re: Is dragonball Z COMING BACK?

No. No you DON'T get a discussion for this topic. You've been warned countless times to ELABORATE YOUR IDEAS. This doesn't make ANY SENSE. "Is Dragonball Z coming back" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Is Justin Timberlake making a song, bringing DBZ back? If you want to know if it's coming back, put up some information that would give you reason to think so.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Dragonball and I know exactly why you're asking this, but I'm damn tired of clicking on topics that I think might be a little interesting, just to see something like "I'm just asking."
Flesh out your ideas, until then, stop making topics.
Do not pass go
Do not collect two hundred dollars.

i dont thik its returning but they did recently just release a new video, the only downside is it hasn't been translated yet. Its already up on youtube with englush subs if you want to watch it.

Is Dragonball Z coming back?

To Tv?
In fashion?
To haunt us?

What do you mean by coming back.

I know they redid the origins story and its due to air/has aired soon. But S.J. Mag is redoing all the orginal one-shots for their manga. The mangaka, whoever his name is I've forgotten, isn't going to do another DBZ series, it killed his intereasts. A lot of mangaka quit after their long series, I know when Oda, the guy who writes One Piece, finishes his series he'll only do one-shots from then on words. That is, one volume manga books. Those killer ten year series are just too much to expect from anyone. The guy who wrote DB, admitted he was getting help from other Mangaka on how to continue the series. Why do you think it strained a lot in places after the Friezer bits. At that point, he just didn't know where to take the series. :-/

A lot of people are now thinking Naruto (though stil popular in Japan is beginning to loose its popularity due to a lot of circumstances) should have ended 5 years ago.

While I would love to discuss this I refuse to do so any further for the same reasons as stated above by sapphire. This kid needs to be warned or temp banned or SOMETHING. This is practically spam.

While I would love to discuss this I refuse to do so any further for the same reasons as stated above by sapphire. This kid needs to be warned or temp banned or SOMETHING. This is practically spam.
This doesn't deserve to have a thread. Shout box comment at most.

Dragonball Evolution

dragonball-movie-pictures-02thumbna.jpg
[/IMG]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr6/mega_022/dragonball-movie-pictures-02thum
bna.jpg CAN BE GOOD

Re: Dragonball Evolution

Oh great, you're not even using sentences anymore.
STOP POSTING THREADS

WE KNOW ABOUT THIS, AND THERE WAS ALREADY A THREAD FOR IT
AND FFS
USE COMPLETE SENTENCES.
AELKSGJASGJWEAGJAE;GVJERA;GJRAELKGJALKGJVRALKGJA

For reference.
http://www.dbthemovie.com

Yep, it's everything I said it would be. I intend to completely boycott this garbage (pronounced gar-baaaj).

I saw it, and I actually like it. The way I see it, I don't want to see an accurate live action version of DB simply because, well I've already seen it. I saw the cartoon way back when and I've read the manga countless times. Personally, seeing Justin Chatwin (or ANYBODY for that matter, I don't care so much if he's Asian or not) do the same thing I've already seen before would just bore me to no end. I like this new interpretation. Is it the anime? Of course it's not. Would I say it's better than the anime? No, I wouldn't. The fact is, though, it's a fun movie with an easy plot. The kind of movie you want to watch at the end of a bad day and say "I just need something fun." We need to have movies like this every once in a while.

The characters, while not very developed, at least have their funny moments, and Goku is just the right amount of goofy (with a little too much angst, if you ask me). Granted, Piccolo has the emotional depth of a spoon, but we already know his reasonings for wanting to destroy the world, I don't want to see thirty minutes of him explaining his plot to Goku.

I'm not going to spoil anything for anybody, but they handle all the original content in a very interesting way, particularly Goku's relationship with Piccolo.

Well I'd like you to spell it out for me. Because if there's any good points to this movie I think they need to be heard if only for the shock value. From what I hear it's got some of the worst dialogue imaginable. And while a complete retelling of any of the Dragonball sagas would be inappropriate in a 90-minute movie there is such thing as preserving the essence of the source material. Instead all they seem to have done is borrow names and the vaguest of likenesses to lend their otherwise crap movie some credence by bearing the moniker "Dragonball".

If the fights scenes are cool, that's a good point I suppose. But it's not worth seeing more than an hour of film for a 5 minute fight. That's what Youtube is for. And if you're so worried about seeing the same things over again Sapphire, well what if they took a page from the DBZ movies? Use the characters and general lore but make it removed from the continuity of any individual sagas. Throw in 10 minutes of backstory for Goku and the crew and get on with business as usual a la Cooler's Revenge, Dead Zone, or Brolly: The Legendary Super Saiyan.

I'd mind that considering it's a new format. I'm not saying I don't want a retelling of the original story, but I don't want to see it exactly the way it was done, I'd like to see some changes, which Dragonball: Evolution managed to deliver. Granted, not all of the changes I liked, or were well executed, but at least it was different. The way I see it, this movie is a lot like a movie that came out with a similar plot to it: The Forbidden Kingdom.

The Forbidden Kingdom was based on Journey to The West, as Dragonball was. The movie wasn't that great, and it was totally different from the original legend. Still, I enjoyed it because I went in already a fan. I wasn't going in with no idea what I was seeing, so I enjoyed it, even though it destroyed the story from the way I heard it.

This is the same with Dragonball, I'm already a fan, I've been hooked since I was 6 years old. I understand that the movie was made to try and revive the franchise and bring new fans in but...that's really not what I care about, since I'm already a fan. If there's not a single other person who leaves saying "I like Dragonball," well it doesn't bother me.

Just go in expecting a light-hearted movie with cheesy dialogue. Many people endured this in other action/adventure movies, so why ***** if this one has a title that you already know? We knew this movie wasn't going to be what we expected it to be because, honestly, nothing ever can be that good. That's just the fact, nothing will ever live up to our expectations.

But that's just the thing Saph. This completely lived up to my expectations. As soon as I heard "Goku in high school" I knew the outcome. And anyhow, from everything I've seen this movie was not only a terrible Dragonball movie but a terrible plain, old, movie as well. What I take offense to is that they try to pawn off on us fans this atrocious retelling of Journey to the West and try to call it Dragonball.

It's not a light-hearted movie with cheesy dialogue, it's a TERRIBLE MOVIE with TERRIBLE DIALOGUE. Trying to defend it as cinema is hard enough given it's quality but trying to defend it as worthy of Dragonball's good name is impossible.

I am outraged that they took an overrated anime, made it a shitty movie and people are actually trying to defend it.

Who's "people"? Only one I see trying to defend it is Sapphire. Pretty much everything I've read on the movie has been negative.