Tanya in MKX?

Tanya looks like a drag queen with a terrible wig, clown make up, and LA Lakers colors. She's gotta be in early development or something. She looks bad.

We can barely see her... Let's wait to see her render soon to say if she looks bad or good. I'm happy about her inclusion and very happy for all of her fans that were crazy about her not being in!

Gun to ur head EG,
Mileena, Kitana, or Tanya as your main and 1st character you try QUICK- QUICK!!!! no thinking, just pick
lol

Tanya, simply because I've seen no footage of her. I'm pretty confident that Mileena & Tanya will be my mains.

I'm hoping that it's more the case of Tanya not even being started and it's just the most random place holder they could find. Girl looks like she came from MK Armageddon Kreate a Fighter.

tumblr_n4v76aHxut1sfz3hko4_400.gif

You definitely lose points for being one of the most vocal about Tanya not being in the game yet claiming to be her biggest fan. Your lack of faith, sir, is definitely grounds for your hand to be refused in marriage. I told you when we first met...Tanya was MY bae and this proves it.

Eh, I can't really say that I'm thrilled that she's in, mainly because I have my reasons for not really liking her, and it's sort of a reason I don't even like but unfortunately it is what it is.

I said this on the Kombat Tether so I'll say it again here. I'm willing to wait to buy the DLC instead of immediately getting because I want to see these characters in action before giving Netherrealm more of my money. That and well, I'd like to save as much as I can. I am in no way, shape or forum disappointed in the decision of the four characters that are in as DLC, but they are not characters that I am going to immediately dive into getting.

I will say, however, that this is an interesting look. When I was in the mood of drawing new costumes for Mortal Kombat characters, I had designed Tanya looking more elegant, and that I had written a little backstory about it that she eventually took over Edenia.

So yeah, that's my two cents.

I'm curious to know your reason. I've been b!shing about Frost enough for you to know why I don't like her, so it's only fair if you share your opinion about Tanya. ;P

And guys... seriously? You fight over which one of you is the biggest fan and who have the rights to claim her? I start to see why other forum members think Tanya fans are nuts...

You definitely lose points for being one of the most vocal about Tanya not being in the game yet claiming to be her biggest fan. Your lack of faith, sir, is definitely grounds for your hand to be refused in marriage. I told you when we first met...Tanya was MY bae and this proves it.

I lose points, sure, but I still have something you don't.
tumblr_nejhrviDXs1qmj0yno1_500.gif

I'm curious to know your reason. I've been b!shing about Frost enough for you to know why I don't like her, so it's only fair if you share your opinion about Tanya. ;P

Honestly, my reason, despite that I'm not pleased about it being a reason, is something that you said at the end of your post:

I start to see why other forum members think Tanya fans are nuts...

It's basically this. I've had my fair share of a handful of rude Tanya fans that even the slightest talk in a negative way, and you know that I don't ever downright insult or make people feel dumb that they like a character, they overreact to a point where I'm just exiting out of a thread just to force myself not to respond. I do not mind people liking something I don't, and it brings out an interesting discussion between someone who's a fan and someone who really isn't. But sadly, I don't get a discussion, I get insulted that I'm not a fan of Tanya.

I don't like that the actual fans of characters have gotten me to actually dislike a character, but I'm not going to be a certain user and bash them per thread they're being mentioned. I've stated before and I'll state it again that I do give characters a chance before judging them on whether or not I want to continue playing as them. And since Tanya is just DLC, I'll be waiting whether or not she's worth the money by watching a few videos. Granted that it kinda defeats me saying, "don't judge what you haven't played" but I think I'm missing something to my reasoning in this situation.

But I will say, my other reasoning for not liking her, I disliked what they did to her in Deception. She's basically one of the main reasons why the events in the fourth game happened. But then, she partners up with the Deadly Alliance and did nothing despite that she just wants to be called "ambassador." Then in Deception, the only thing useful that she had was that she had knowledge of some Komidogu information left in Edenia. She was basically useless and I felt that her inclusion was just kinda... meh. I really wasn't that into seeing her rise from the darkness.

Of course, they clearly can make her story become something more interesting than just constantly betraying one after the other. It's kinda... well... despite that it's her character, it's kinda becoming repetitive and I would really like for her to do something else. Something that will obviously make her become something.

Honestly, my reason, despite that I'm not pleased about it being a reason, is something that you said at the end of your post:

It's basically this. I've had my fair share of a handful of rude Tanya fans that even the slightest talk in a negative way, and you know that I don't ever downright insult or make people feel dumb that they like a character, they overreact to a point where I'm just exiting out of a thread just to force myself not to respond. I do not mind people liking something I don't, and it brings out an interesting discussion between someone who's a fan and someone who really isn't. But sadly, I don't get a discussion, I get insulted that I'm not a fan of Tanya.

I don't like that the actual fans of characters have gotten me to actually dislike a character, but I'm not going to be a certain user and bash them per thread they're being mentioned. I've stated before and I'll state it again that I do give characters a chance before judging them on whether or not I want to continue playing as them. And since Tanya is just DLC, I'll be waiting whether or not she's worth the money by watching a few videos. Granted that it kinda defeats me saying, "don't judge what you haven't played" but I think I'm missing something to my reasoning in this situation.

But I will say, my other reasoning for not liking her, I disliked what they did to her in Deception. She's basically one of the main reasons why the events in the fourth game happened. But then, she partners up with the Deadly Alliance and did nothing despite that she just wants to be called "ambassador." Then in Deception, the only thing useful that she had was that she had knowledge of some Komidogu information left in Edenia. She was basically useless and I felt that her inclusion was just kinda... meh. I really wasn't that into seeing her rise from the darkness.

Of course, they clearly can make her story become something more interesting than just constantly betraying one after the other. It's kinda... well... despite that it's her character, it's kinda becoming repetitive and I would really like for her to do something else. Something that will obviously make her become something.

Yeah... I can see your point.
I'm very much a speaker against judging a character because of it's fans, because I know that there are always some crazies amongst any fanbase and they can be very loud about their fandom. But any group has its bad apples... but as Greyjoy on here pointed out to me earlier, being on these forums amongst the more hardcore MK fans, it's easy to kinda lose sight of the bigger picture. If we don't step back and take a breather once in a while, it's easy to get the impression that those few crazy ones is how the entire fanbase is like.

As for her story, it does seem like that everything Tanya did in the original timeline is kinda null at this point, seeing as there is no Edenia and no Deadly Alliance. She's gotten a fresh new chance to do something else. But since she's DLC, it's most likely nothing big. If that leak about her being a cameo in the Story Mode turns out to be right though, we'll see what NRS got in store for her there.

Thanks for humouring me. ^^