Tag Discussion

Re: Was tag team necessary?

Its cool when playing with friends either 1 on 1 just using a main and alt or with 4 people and a usb hub. It would be even cooler if it was tournament viable..maybe some day it will catch on.

Smart move by NRS. I mean a lot of other fighters were already doing it (marvel, tekken etc). So from a casual perspective, say you want to buy a fighter but don't know which one. You'll look at which game has more content, better reviews or more characters.

If MK9 didn't have a tag mode, I bet a lot of people wouldn't have even considered it and buy marvel instead. But with tag mode and so much more content MvC3 looks like complete shit compared to MK9. Even if in fact tag mode in MK9 is completely broken and pretty useless. Casuals don't care, they wanna have fun.

So yeah, it's a pretty useless mode that is broken like hell. But still a good idea to sell more copies.

i like it b/c i look for handycap matchies 2v1 hahaha i alway be the person who plays against them i think i only played 50 2v1 matchites and the rest are 1v1 tag matchies

adding tag team didn't hurt the game at all. but if anything they could have used the extra time they spent on tag team mode to make sure most of the bugs were out and the online worked. but whatever, i'm *****ing/complaining and nobody likes that.

i like it b/c i look for handycap matchies 2v1 hahaha i alway be the person who plays against them i think i only played 50 2v1 matchites and the rest are 1v1 tag matchies

What are you talking about? 2 vs 1? How do you play 2 vs 1 online OR offline?... I only seen the option to do 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2. Is 2 vs 1 if your playing with only 3 players together on the same console?... I have been meaning to try 3 player... havent gotten the chance though....

Please reply, thanks

What are you talking about? 2 vs 1? How do you play 2 vs 1 online OR offline?... I only seen the option to do 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2. Is 2 vs 1 if your playing with only 3 players together on the same console?... I have been meaning to try 3 player... havent gotten the chance though....

Please reply, thanks

Pretty sure he means he only had to use one of his guys in a tag match.

Like if I pick Sektor and Johnny Cage, I'm so good, I can whoop ass without having to tag out.

Thats what he's saying, I think :)

Please reply, thanks

what i was talking about was when people have a friend play with them in tag thats two people on one side ok i don't have anyone to tag with so ya it turns into a handycap match you guys get it now instead of 2v2 it's 2v1

Re: 4-Player Tag team Mode?

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

I just got the Game Informer with the new MK and they said that the game is 1 to 4-players. So could the 4-Player mode be reserved for the Tag Team mode?

Are you guys kidding me? Have you not tried beyond traditional 2 player(1vs1, 2vs2)? Well its frickin awesome! You cant do it online, BUT you can sit with a friend and play 2vs2 CO-OP against the computer in the arcade TAG-Ladder! Its really fun! What happens is you can only select your character and control ONLY that character! Same goes with you partner, he can only select and control his character. So when you tag him in, you cant use your controller or press any buttons until he tags you BACK IN!... Its really cool! Me and my bro can do 2vs2 CO-OP and pull of massive combos together using our tag partners together in a combo string!

Try it out, you DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING!

Cheers

;)

Just to tell everyone, this thread was made back in January. Now that the game is out, we know just about everything about the game so it's kinda pointless to reply to this thread now.

Just to tell everyone, this thread was made back in January. Now that the game is out, we know just about everything about the game so it's kinda pointless to reply to this thread now.

Oops, haha! I never read the damn dates, haha my bad sorry

:p

Tag Ladder

I REALLY want an online tag ladder. As ironic as it sounds owning a fighting game, I like cooperative games rather competitve. I'd find it fun if we had online tag ladders.

Re: Tag Ladder

You know what bud, thats a great suggestion, i would love to see that, but with a twist to it :D
instead of fighting against the computer, you actually fight against others online while making your way up, and so would they :)

who is your tag team now?

there have been quite a few threads on this but i think this is the first since its been released(sorry if i am wrong i tried a search) so after you have played the game for longer who do you like as a team or find makes the best team?

personally i think the most fun is Cyber sub and Sonya because i find them the most fun characters to use in the game but the best team for me would prob be Kano and Cyber sub or Kano and Sonya imo

Re: who is your tag team now?

Liu Kang and Sub-Zero.

It was suppose to be Kung Lao but Kung Lao is the same Kung Lao I knew. He's different now, storywise.

Plus, one day I just picked Sub-Zero and now I'm really good with him. I'm not surprized either. That's been going on in every MK game lol.

Re: who is your tag team now?

Been working on Kang (main), Kung, Cage and Kano. However, I have certain ways I like to match them together for TAG matches.

Kang/Kano or Kung, Kung/Cage or Kang

I dont like Kung/Kano and Kang/Cage the chars for each pair feel too similar to be used in TAG imo, gotta mix it up