Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel Death's Cold Embrace!"

I main Kitana, Sindel, sometimes Skarlet and Rain if opponents have them or compatibility packs installed; both of which seem to be rare online, occasionally I'll use Stryker.

I know for a fact that Sindel is one of Sub's worst match up along with Kitana, they both can out zone him and keep him at fullscreen the entire match.

I'm no good Sindel player, but if you come across Sub while using sindel ask Zoidberg747 he's a amazing Sindel player and gives my Sub a hard time.

But for Kitana, you want to keep him at fullscreen with a barrage of fans (Instant air fans, there more safe than ground fans and you don't have to worry about trading a ground fan for a ice ball giving him a full combo).

They key is to make him come to you, bait the EX slide and punish with a full combo but be aware that his EX slide has armor meaning it can go through fans and cause a knock down giving him the option to either rush down or clone again.

So defense is the best offense in this match up, you can rush down but be careful and try not to fall into a ice clone. Cutting fan pressure and D+1 are the go to tools, along with utilizing her mixing game.

D+1 into fake out kick

2,2 into forward grab

F+4, B+4

F+4, 1

I assume you know the properties of all her strings (Overhead, low, high..)

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I remember the days when I could pick up a fighter and "just play" and not have to think; I have a full time job for that. :dong:

I can hold my own against most players with Kitana or Sindel, but for some reason Sub-Zero I have more issues with than National Geographic when they camp out across the screen behind ice clones 24/7. I hate to spam projectiles to chip away, but it gets old and boring.

If I go after them...they ice clone whore themselves into the corner. Then I usually have no idea what to do. If they are even moderately good with SZ, I might as well just put the controller down and walk away.

Lol I love playing games were I have to think and not just press buttons to win. The more in depth the fighter is the more fun it is to play others to compete.

Idk, but I'm really competitive so maybe that's why I took the time to learn the game inside out.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to counter "Clone Campers"? I get so tired of people camping behind clones and blocking. No matter what I do, I seem to get the short end of the stick if I try and be aggressive. If I stay passive, most clone campers sit on the other side of the screen and do that all day.

I spam the living f**k out of them with Stryker's grenades and gun shot until they decide to stop doing it.

Anyone use any "unusual" combos when playing Sub? Most people stick with the standard 2,1,4, ice slide.

I found a corner combo, when the opponent is blocking in the corner, trap him with the clone by doing 2,1,2, ice clone. (standard). Then dash backwards and EX slide. He will be caught by the clone and frozen mid air. Then you can either 2,1,4, ice slide. or you can also do he standard back 1,2 2,1,4 ice slice.

Anyone use any "unusual" combos when playing Sub? Most people stick with the standard 2,1,4, ice slide.

I found a corner combo, when the opponent is blocking in the corner, trap him with the clone by doing 2,1,2, ice clone. (standard). Then dash backwards and EX slide. He will be caught by the clone and frozen mid air. Then you can either 2,1,4, ice slide. or you can also do he standard back 1,2 2,1,4 ice slice.

But if they block low you would be down a meter and get blown up. For midscreen I do 22/B12 ice ball JIP 214 slide. In the corner I do 214 ice ball 214 slide for 36%.

I could see it being a Corner set up leading into a 50/50.

You can mix-up EX slide with B+1,2,1 into the 50/50.

Okay, so what are the exact requirements for an ice clone to come out at full range?

Also dashing in iceclones are great for baiting your opponent in to them.

224 you need to be spaced back a bit to cancel into clone. 212 you can be as close as you want.

Not sure about 214 don't think I ever use that string.

And you really won't be using it off of b1 2 1.

I think 2,1,2 has to be block confirmed.

You can do a standing 3 into clone if they block it.

Edit: Oh shit, nevermind.. You can't hit confirm 2,1,2 into clone in the corner <_<

Yeah, you know when you do it a bit late sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesn't. In triforce's words "INCONSISTENCY".

Critical said off a blocked 2,1,2 or 2,2,4 but in the corner you can't hit confirm any of the strings into clone but you have to block confirm them.

The heck you guys talking about? You can confirm either one as long as the first hit is confirmed for 2,2 iceball but you can confirm even later on block for 224 clone.

Are you talking about protecting yourself kzaoo on block or what?

The heck you guys talking about? You can confirm either one as long as the first hit is confirmed for 2,2 iceball but you can confirm even later on block for 224 clone.

Are you talking about protecting yourself kzaoo on block or what?

No. he's asking what stings can he use clones off of, and I'm telling him if they're blocking or if they hit anywhere on the screen. 2,1,2 and 2,2,4. but in the corner if the strings hit the clone won't come out.

No. he's asking what stings can he use clones off of, and I'm telling him if they're blocking or if they hit anywhere on the screen. 2,1,2 and 2,2,4. but in the corner if the strings hit the clone won't come out.

Oh ok,
I think that's because since they don't fly away on hit their horizontal bodies their feet are in your space for that so your clone doesnt come out.

Doesn't 224 still work on hit in corner if you are spaced at max distance though?

Oh ok,
I think that's because since they don't fly away on hit their horizontal bodies their feet are in your space for that so your clone doesnt come out.

Doesn't 224 still work on hit in corner if you are spaced at max distance though?

I'm not sure about 2,2,4..

My friend took his AV cable back so I can't test it on my xbox :cry:

I found out something new though when I was screwing around in the lab with Sub, If you do a deep jump kick and hit them in the Torso and use the clone, it'll freeze them in Mid air.

2,1,4 can be successfully cancelled into ice clone no matter how close you are. I also want to know the most damaging corner combos for Sub currently I do 2,1,4 freeze 2,1,4 slide for 36%.

2,1,4 can be successfully cancelled into ice clone no matter how close you are. I also want to know the most damaging corner combos for Sub currently I do 2,1,4 freeze 2,1,4 slide for 36%.

We know that he can, but we're asking will the Clone come out on the screen.

In the corner on hit, not block.