Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel Death's Cold Embrace!"

Critical-Limit

haha thank you, I need to change my avatar sometime soon :) lol.

I'm having trouble with a part of some combos where it goes. B+1,2 - 2,1,2
Everytime I do this I do the B+1,2 and when I try to the 2,1,2 it just does like a little trip thing instead, is it meant to do that?

That means your hittin the 212 too early you need to wait just a tad bit longer.

^ yeah the b1+2, ..... combos are kind of tricky. you need to wait about a second and a half. Just think it's the time it takes to blink once then tell your brain where the button is; it's quick but not too quick.
people also like the "HOLD 2" combos but i found them to be too unreliable.

...RAMBLE, RAMBLE SPAM.

timka4

Hey it's me again, also any quick tips on how to beat teleporters? Ice clones are basically in effective and shooting ice balls isnt really efficient, what do?

timka4

Kung Lao, I've read a lot of people have had trouble with him as well.
Also Sektor I find pretty hard to beat as well

Critical-Limit

Kung Lao, I've read a lot of people have had trouble with him as well.
Also Sektor I find pretty hard to beat as well

I know Kung Lao you can universally uppercut punish on reaction.

And sektor kind of needs to be blocked.

I'll experiment with subzero i have some ideas that may really help but I want to confirm some things before claiming it's a good idea.

Wait for my next post.

nomad

what good sub zero's do against my quan telestomp is ice clone then walk into in,
it does catch me some times, but then i just move the tele behind

non offensive tele's sub can b+4 (Sweep) or if you mix it up f+4 (medium(to iceball)) is good too

offensive, ice clone-dash forward,

ZEIKtheFREAK

Re: Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death"

i agree with him i love your guide i just prefer not to x-ray
Well its a start. May I make a suggestion?

Make two sub units under complex combos
1. x-ray
2. non x-ray

Some people may just look for combos that specifically links to X-rays while others dont. Some people actually prefer combos without the x-rays as its more situational friendly depending on the amount of bars.

timka4

what good sub zero's do against my quan telestomp is ice clone then walk into in,
it does catch me some times, but then i just move the tele behind

non offensive tele's sub can b+4 (Sweep) or if you mix it up f+4 (medium(to iceball)) is good too

offensive, ice clone-dash forward,
Ok i think your talking to me lol. If you are, thanks a lot, I'll give that a try

Ben Widman

BANALITY
Sub-Zero

did you know that on the mk wiki page Sub-Zero's cold shoulder move was once hinted at returning?
why didn't it return did they change their mind or something?

rinc-e

Re: Sub-Zero

The Slide is classic. The ColdShoulder would be a copy of nightwolfs shoulder ..(its ok as an x-ray so)

Also the Slide is by far more versatile.. Why? Because u have to block it low, the ColdShoulder would could be blocked high or low (I guess, except maybe for the EX as an Overhead) so theres no mix upgame and wouldnt change anything :)

C-Sword

The only move Sub-Zero is truly missing is the tombstone teleport from MK VS DC, I loved that freaking move, it could have made him faster and a bit more fun to play with.

JRfromGermany

The Ice Shower should come back, i will never understand why the MK creators are always deleting moves, where is the problem when a fighter has 6 or 7 special moves and 12 combos?

Aldo Moreno

The Slide is classic. The ColdShoulder would be a copy of nightwolfs shoulder ..(its ok as an x-ray so)

Also the Slide is by far more versatile.. Why? Because u have to block it low, the ColdShoulder would could be blocked high or low (I guess, except maybe for the EX as an Overhead) so theres no mix upgame and wouldnt change anything :)

?

He does his cold shoulder low. Well, on MKDA-MKA he did.