SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

I'm thinking it's Reptile with the colors messed with, just to throw us off. I just can't imagine K/Chameleon looking like that. If that picture was simply black and white and I'm fairly sure everyone would assume it's Reptile.

But isn't that a scanned version of the original printed comic? I imagined they wouldn't mess the official picture just to throw us off!

The comics dude himself told people not to get too caught up on the colors, when someone asked in twitter if it was Smoke, Reptile or Chameleon.
It's possible the drawing is less clear intentionally so they don't reveal what returning characters are working with Kotal. Their marketing strategy is clearly designed to keep fans guessing and speculating, hence all the teases, and incomplete images, and vague tweets. Since the comic itself is a marketing tool to hype the game, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hey, I've been thinkin on something.

Remember that someone close to Kotal Kahn will die?

What if is this guy?

He is kinda depicted as someone close.

Well, Kotal is drinking hearts like this was pretty normal (maybe for them) and that guy is just standing there...

like his pal lol.

IGN gave it 5? Ouch...

IGN has no credibility at all. Their main complaints were that it had no action and was hard for people not familiar with the series to understand.

Its a 99c comic. Every issue isnt going to be action packed and its not meant for new people

Truth be told, the writing wasn't that good. The scenes feel rushed and there isn't much in the way of plot or character development.

Last edited:
I know that all characters in the comic wont be in the game but Netherealm better not be trolling Frost and Reiko. If they arent in MKX I am gonna be very upset

Frost is never going to happen. Pretty sure she's going to die in the comic.

As much as I want Frost to be in MKX I agree with this one. Either they will kill her off (Cassie Cage will kill her in some manner maybe) or she will be beaten by Cassie and forgotten. Just a short cameo. Hsu Hao cameo showed me what are they plan on doing with less popular 3D Era characters. Basically:
Here is your favorite character! Now it is dead! Mission accomplished, goodbye!

Still hurts.

I actually was hoping they won't show her in comics, for more chance for her to appear in game. But... oh well. Not like anything can be done now.

I hate Frost and wish to forget her completely...

But, if she dies in the comics, they can bring them back, look at all the dead people that came back in MKX.

It could be a completely new character who is from the Saurian race. I'd be surprised if that were the case but would welcome it, as I've always been a huge fan of Reptile and wanted his origins explored, whether a fleshed out story about Zaterra or just more members of his race being revealed to be alive.

Or it could be just a random NPC, like a Smoke/Khameleon looking character in MK9.

Ohhh yeaaa I can't wait till next Sunday so we can get a dose of some Cassie Cage.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

I hate Frost and wish to forget her completely...

But, if she dies in the comics, they can bring them back, look at all the dead people that came back in MKX.
if they returned is because of their popularity, c'mon...
Ohhh yeaaa I can't wait till next Sunday so we can get a dose of some Cassie Cage.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."
Yeah, it's cassie's time, I'm dying for her story! And maybe there will be an explanation on how did Sonya finally accepted jhonny, now that's a thing i want to know lol