Sonic the Hedgehog

Broseph, you're going to laugh or be disappointed, but I've never played Sonic Adventure. :oops:

It's on XBLA. It's full of bad voice acting, crappy camera, and a few odd glitches here and there, but I still love to play it because it reminds me of the days when I first got a Dreamcast. It was one of two games, the other being NFL 2K, that made me decide that I HAD to have a Dreamcast. Despite the issues, it's still a pretty decent game today.

Am I the only one who still loves Sonic Adventure despite all its glitches?

Nope. That's still the "Modern Sonic" game that I revisit the most, and pretty much the only one that somewhat succeeded in creating a 3D version of the classic gameplay. It even has legit rolling physics-- how the hell is it so hard for them to do that now?

I think that was also about the last time Tails and Knuckles weren't a total pain in the ass to use.

It's on XBLA. It's full of bad voice acting, crappy camera, and a few odd glitches here and there, but I still love to play it because it reminds me of the days when I first got a Dreamcast. It was one of two games, the other being NFL 2K, that made me decide that I HAD to have a Dreamcast. Despite the issues, it's still a pretty decent game today.

I just seen it on the Xbox marketplace, and it's only for 800 microsoft points. I think I'm going to have to pick it up soon.

Anyways, I started to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles again and I'm wondering, why did they take out the Hyper Transformations?

I'm guessing they were only ever meant to be a one-off reward for being forced to collect two sets of emeralds. It's not like the super emeralds had much of a purpose in the story, they were just kind of there. Plus, as cool as they were at the time, there's nothing you can really do with Hyper characters that you wouldn't be able to do with Super versions, so it makes them pretty unnecessary. Give Super Sonic a double jump and he's pretty much Hyper Sonic.

Actually, now that I think about it, they did give one of Hyper Sonic's abilities to Super Sonic for Sonic 4: he can breathe underwater.

I'm guessing they were only ever meant to be a one-off reward for being forced to collect two sets of emeralds. It's not like the super emeralds had much of a purpose in the story, they were just kind of there. Plus, as cool as they were at the time, there's nothing you can really do with Hyper characters that you wouldn't be able to do with Super versions, so it makes them pretty unnecessary. Give Super Sonic a double jump and he's pretty much Hyper Sonic.

Actually, now that I think about it, they did give one of Hyper Sonic's abilities to Super Sonic for Sonic 4: he can breathe underwater.

That's true. I guess I just miss the sparkles and apparitions that the Hyper forms leave off lol. I'm not sure about Sonic 4 I haven't picked it up yet :(

Tails and Knuckles need Super forms, dammit

And, no the Super Shields they had in Sonic Heroes don't count

For real, I hate how they were pushed down to secondary characters.

@Jose- Well Tails is pretty important now, but yeah, I agree, Knuckles pretty much gets shit on constantly now

Hopefully, if there's ever a Sonic 4: Episode 3, Knuckles will be playable in it

I think after all the backlash about extra characters that we don't really need, Sega overcompensated and went way too far in the other direction. It's not that people don't ever want to play as characters like Tails and Knuckles, it's that they don't want to be forced to play as god damned Big the Cat, Rouge, or Amy and go fishing or hunting for useless crap to progress through the game.

So yeah, bring back Knuckles and make him cool again. Just get rid of garbage like Cream the Rabbit and Ermac the Hedgehog.

@Jose- Well Tails is pretty important now, but yeah, I agree, Knuckles pretty much gets shit on constantly now

Hopefully, if there's ever a Sonic 4: Episode 3, Knuckles will be playable in it

Yup, your right about Tails, that is my bad, however, it's sad to see that Knuckles acts more like a cheerleader :(

I think after all the backlash about extra characters that we don't really need, Sega overcompensated and went way too far in the other direction. It's not that people don't ever want to play as characters like Tails and Knuckles, it's that they don't want to be forced to play as god damned Big the Cat, Rouge, or Amy and go fishing or hunting for useless crap to progress through the game.

So yeah, bring back Knuckles and make him cool again. Just get rid of garbage like Cream the Rabbit and Ermac the Hedgehog.

Exactly. I don't care about all those other characters, just a few which are Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and Metal Sonic.

I just got to thinking today, while I really like the modern 3D Sonic games, I would really love a 3D game more in line with SA1 (not SA2, much as I love it) with the return of the Spin Dash, an open world environment, etc.

Also, Knuckles had BETTER be fully playable in Episode III if it happens along with blue sphere special stages