Shin Megami Tensei

I'll miss those streams since they don't fall on my day off.

As of now, I'm waiting for Devil Surivor 2 Break Record. As for Devil Survior 1: Overclocked, I'm grinding and fusing for more powerful demons. Compendium prices are expensive in this game and I haven't found a efficient way to increase my income, so auctions and fusions are the way to go.

Last edited:
This Persona stream is the biggest bullshit stream ever. They have just been showing off old trailers for PQ, P4AU, and P4G. I missed the P3 movie streams as it didn't come on till I think 6AM. After every event is another time. The majority of the stream is just a timer. The only new thing they have showed off is the theme for Dancing All Night...and honestly I'm not impressed with the song.

Also this! <3
http://www.plastikitty.com/home/sneak-a-peek-at-vertexs-persona-3-yukari-takeba

We're getting a Yukari figure! Definitely getting it.

Last edited:
I honestly wasn't expecting to see gameplay! It looks so much better than I imagined. Platforming?! Stealth?! Atlus going all out.

Also the way those menus look is beyond sexy lol.

Don't know if this was posted yet but here is a quote I found from Neogaf that gives of a little information to P5's story

Katsura Hashino, the director for Persona 5, has posted a new blog post on the Persona Channel elaborating his philosophy behind the game.
The interpretation of Hashino’s words by NeoGAF user duckroll is the following:
It’s a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5’s main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of “good” going after a bad guy, this time they’re trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of “justice” after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before

One thing I noticed in the trailer was when it shows the menu options, notice how there is no "S.Link" option? I'm wondering if they took out social links. I did see there was "Cooperations" option so maybe that's the new social links?

I got a really big P2 Innocent Sin and P4 feel from the trailer and that's definitely a good thing.

SMT music is always God tier.

Fixed that for you.

Someone on SRK said that rumors are coming out that there aren't any romantic options in this game.

So do you think there's only going to be 3 team mates? I've never seen any trailers for any of the old Persona games. Do they reveal the whole squad right away?

I don't really mind. They look pretty sick. That cat is kinda weird, but he doesn't look as annoying Teddy at least

So do you think there's only going to be 3 team mates? I've never seen any trailers for any of the old Persona games. Do they reveal the whole squad right away?

I don't really mind. They look pretty sick. That cat is kinda weird, but he doesn't look as annoying Teddy at least

I'm really not too sure if it's going to just be 3 people. I kinda looks like it though to be honest. They usually do show off most of the cast, I believe in the P3 trailers at least. Not too sure about the P4 trailers since that'd be a spoiler, well sorta? I mean everyone knows the P4 story and the cast so why not put them in the trailer?

By the way, how are you liking Digital Devil Saga?

That's true about the spoiler thing. Maybe you pick up 1 or 2 characters on the way.

I haven't played it yet. I want to beat Raidou 2 first, but the final dungeon is really annoying.

The trailer got translated.

The companions' names are Sakamoto Ryuuji, Morgana & Takamaki Anne. I don't know who's who though.

When it comes character development, it's better to focus on a few key characters than trying to spread it among the entire cast. Games like Chrono Cross and Suikoden have a HUGE selection of playable characters, but you never get to know much about them past their initial introduction. However, it does give players more flexibility in building a party when character customization is limited or impossible.

Another thing they could consider is having multiple story paths, where your decisions determine who will join your party. In Devil Survivor, you don't have all the time in the world to aid everybody. Furthermore, your actions can anger current party members, and they may not only leave your group, but come back as enemies. However, the same actions can earn the respect of another individual who wishes to join you.

Last edited:
3 is so small though compared to past games. Granted I like them so far, but I can't imagine that everyone does.
I couldn't imagine playing Persona 3 if I could only run around with Ken, Koromaru & Mitsuru.

3 is so small though compared to past games. Granted I like them so far, but I can't imagine that everyone does.
I couldn't imagine playing Persona 3 if I could only run around with Ken, Koromaru & Mitsuru.

I think 8 characters would be plenty for me if they wanted to add more. If they want to keep it at 3, I hope there is plenty of customization.

The trailer got translated.

The companions' names are Sakamoto Ryuuji, Morgana & Takamaki Anne. I don't know who's who though.

One thing I found interesting is each character can equip both melee and ranged weapons. It makes me curious about how this will have an impact in the context of the game.

BTW Ryuuji is the blond dude, Anne is the girl with the pigtails, and Morgana is the cat.

Last edited:
I was going to post this yesterday but I feared that it was just an April Fools Day joke. Unfortunately it's not.

So yeah. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this shit. The ONLY SMT-like thing in this dumb trailer was the ruined buildings near the end. Not even going to lie, the more I think about this trailer, the more pissed off I get.

Last edited: