Sheeva Thread - "For the Shokan!"

Nevermind Kabal, Jax does the same exact move with his arm and they made it so he can cancel it. Hopefully this means they'll make Sheeva's cancellable later on too. I agree fully with aedanwolfe too. Specifically with the pokes. I'll take anything to stop pressure.

Is jax ground pound blockable? If someone could master her range and tick throws then alog with smart use of her pokes I think she would surprise a lot of people

I think it works the same way Sheeva's does. Where all you have to do is jump, which is why Jax being able to cancel it works wonders. Why they would make his cancellable and not hers is weird to me. She needs something like that or at least what you said in faster poking. Something to help with pressure.

I think it works the same way Sheeva's does. Where all you have to do is jump, which is why Jax being able to cancel it works wonders. Why they would make his cancellable and not hers is weird to me. She needs something like that or at least what you said in faster poking. Something to help with pressure.

like i asked, is jax ground pound unblockable? if so then i spose i can agree with making sheevas, tho jax has to deal with the fact that he has 3 different groundpounds since his doesnt track like sheevas either. hers would become strictly better in almost every way.

But i do think fast pokes and fast grabs would be enough to make her at least a better force to be wreckoned with.

You said blockable first, so my fault. I should have assumed you meant unblockable. We'll see. Who the hell knows what they'll do.

Characters I find her very effective against are Cage, Kang, Jax and Quan Chi. Mostly rush down types. I find all ninjas (male and female) pain in the ass, especially when they turtle. She's also good against Kenshi and Freddy.

Jax & Quan Chi definitely, Flagg. However aggressive Cages & Kangs will give the Sheeves a very, very hard time. Stomps are huge in those matchups as well as trying to create some sort of space because of how fast they are. Before they gave her armor on specials it was a nightmare. All of Sheeva's matchups against ninjas are negative so it comes down to being the smarter player against them. Tough fights for her.

BF, against someone like Cage, I make it my business to make him afraid of me! Her Ex walk and grab is invaluable in this match up. It does 22% damage and beats anything except for Xrays. Two of those and you've nearly killed half his health. He won't be in a hurry to rush you, all the while you have at least one bar.

F3,2 is great for catching these guys unaware and B1,1+2,fireball is an amazing punisher..something like 34% damage.

I have actually been beating good Smoke players online. The fact Smoke has poor mix-up options helps to the situation.

And it's so so easy to punish teleporters with Sheeva. 3, 3, special grab, it deals alone nearly 25% damage - that's a hell of a punish if you ask me for such a simple combo (if you do enhanced special grab it deals nearly 30% damage).

I actually really like her low grab + anti-air grab mix-up: 28% damage. I just wish her low grab was less punishable.

Overall, I do not do long combos with Sheeva. You have to play as fast as you can and I believe Sheeva's best tools are her most simple ones:
- D2 - a great low tool, just wait for a failed wake-up attack from your opponent and punish him.
- F4 - great range, safe on block, great for pushing rushers away from you.
- 3, 3, special grab - easy combo, extremely safe on block.
- low grab, anti-air grab - deals great damage for such simple combo.
- B1, B2, x-ray - again, very simple tool and your opponent cannot avoid or block her x-ray.
- teleport mix-ups: after a successful teleport, you can play mind games with your opponent, do her grab (R1), her low special grab if your opponent ducks, F4 if your opponent tries to get away as well as her ground stomp or special anti-air grab if your opponent jumps away from you. Your opponent to avoid an attack after her teleport won't know what to do.

Now her specials:
- fireball should be faster, you cannot zone anyone with it, but you better use at the end of a combo.
- anti-air grab is only useful if you use the enhanced version of it, which has armor.
- low grab is slow, but it's her only combo starter in her special movelist.
- special grab is great for finish a combo, but the enhanced version of it is a viable wake-up attack.
- teleport is her most effective tool.
- her ground stomp is her most useless tool because of how slow it is.

I use bars for:
1. X-rays: Sheeva is mainly a x-ray character.
2. Breakers.
3. Only these special moves have, to me, viable use with bars: enhanced special grab as wake-up attack and enhanced anti-air grab.

So far, this is how I have been playing with Sheeva and it has been working perfectly.

Great post, Voncroy.

I can't believe people try a teleport again after I punish it the first time. I swear. Always punish blocked teleports. 3,3, GNP or any type of standing 4 combos or any type of Anti-Air combos. So good!!

I agree fully that the simple things are best with her. The most midscreen is usually like 11-12 hits. However, in the corner is where the beatdown must happen. My highest so far is 16 with her in the corner but she capable of so much damage.

and I strongly disagree that Sheeva is an X-Ray character. I would NEVER use it unless it's to end a round. Save any bars you have for armored moves and breakers. She neeeeeds them.

Great post, Voncroy.

I can't believe people try a teleport again after I punish it the first time. I swear. Always punish blocked teleports. 3,3, GNP or any type of standing 4 combos or any type of Anti-Air combos. So good!!

I agree fully that the simple things are best with her. The most midscreen is usually like 11-12 hits. However, in the corner is where the beatdown must happen. My highest so far is 16 with her in the corner but she capable of so much damage.

and I strongly disagree that Sheeva is an X-Ray character. I would NEVER use it unless it's to end a round. Save any bars you have for armored moves and breakers. She neeeeeds them.

He also said her low grab is her only launcher/combo starter which is not true.

2,1,B2 is a launcher.
So is B2,1+2.

You can also cancel into a special after her 2,1,2,F1.

If he's saving up meter for XRay then what a waste. She can do higher damage with just one bar.

Her ground stomp is not useless and great against people who are getting up after a knockdown.

Nice tip for fighting Kitana players. They think with her move that lifts you in the air, nuetralises Sheevas teleport. When you teleport, guide it so it lands BEHIND kitana and if she goes for that speciual, she'll miss and you have a free combo.

He also said her low grab is her only launcher/combo starter which is not true.

2,1,B2 is a launcher.
So is B2,1+2.

If he's saving up meter for XRay then what a waste. She can do higher damage with just one bar.
I was referring to her special moves only in case you haven't noticed...

2,1,B2 is a launcher.

I think you mean 1,2,B1 but yeah. He was referring to her specials, but it's the Sheeva thread so we can talk about everything.

1,2,B1 is huge, esp for a punish or in the corner. There's a bunch of combos not listed in this thread as well as unmentioned. One of the combos should be like this in the corner (original post doesn't include F1 after 2,1,2 which is one of Sheeves BnBs. That being 2,1,2,F1, (Ex)GnP where F1 after 2,1,2 is also a launcher mid screen)

1,2,B1, 1,2,B1, 2,1,2,F1, Ex Grab N Punch for a nice corner 16 hitter

Her ground stomp is definitely not useless but it can be at times. You have to be smart with it. Use it mostly to get them while they're standing up after Ex Grab N Punch or after you hit a standing 4. Standing 4 stuns them so you can either Ground Stomp or Jump Stomp. And if they catch on to the Ground Stomp after one of these throw a Fireball out instead. Mix it up.

To me, low grab is more useless online than ground stomp. It's very hard to hit it consistently which blows because her highest damage comes from Ex Low Grab. I wish it hit a little higher but o well...

I should post all of her updated combos but her highest at the moment are:

Ex Low Grab, NJP, B2, 1+2, Ex Grab N Punch - 56%
Ex Low Grab, NJP, B2, 1+2, Ex Anti-Air or reg Grab N Punch - 53%

I think you mean 1,2,B1 but yeah. He was referring to her specials, but it's the Sheeva thread so we can talk about everything.

1,2,B1 is huge, esp for a punish or in the corner. There's a bunch of combos not listed in this thread as well as unmentioned. One of the combos should be like this in the corner (original post doesn't include F1 after 2,1,2 which is one of Sheeves BnBs. That being 2,1,2,F1, (Ex)GnP where F1 after 2,1,2 is also a launcher mid screen)

1,2,B1, 1,2,B1, 2,1,2,F1, Ex Grab N Punch for a nice corner 16 hitter

Her ground stomp is definitely not useless but it can be at times. You have to be smart with it. Use it mostly to get them while they're standing up after Ex Grab N Punch or after you hit a standing 4. Standing 4 stuns them so you can either Ground Stomp or Jump Stomp. And if they catch on to the Ground Stomp after one of these throw a Fireball out instead. Mix it up.

To me, low grab is more useless online than ground stomp. It's very hard to hit it consistently which blows because her highest damage comes from Ex Low Grab. I wish it hit a little higher but o well...

I should post all of her updated combos but her highest at the moment are:

Ex Low Grab, NJP, B2, 1+2, Ex Grab N Punch - 56%
Ex Low Grab, NJP, B2, 1+2, Ex Anti-Air or reg Grab N Punch - 53%

I get what you saying about the F+1 after the 2, 1, 2 combo, but most people cancel into her specials, after the 2, 1, 2 since they don't like the delaying prt after the hitting part.

And a good way to get someone in the Low Grab is by when you attack them with either 2, 1, 2 or 1, 2, and you see them crouching, immediately cancel into her Low Grab. Then, time her B+2, 1+2 before either use Fireball or her Grab N' Punch specials (the latter of the two has a very small chance of window of catching them, if the timing after B+2, 1+2 is very precise, plus it can be in either corner or midscreen.

I don't really understand. The delaying part after the hitting part?? Maybe I'm just confusing myself, but why not get the F+1 for more (needed) damage?? You can connect specials with this combo. 2,1,2,F+1,Grab N Punch is my main BnB with her. I hit it all the time with no problems after 2,1,2. The F+1 is major and can get some characters out of crouch block. Here's the list which includes what characters get hit by it during crouch block. Most of them do...

Cyber Sub-Zero
Cyrax
Ermac
Freddy
Jade
Jax - Corner only
Kenshi
Kitana - Corner only, was tested using her costume one and MK3.
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Nightwolf
Raiden
Rain
Scorpion
Sektor - Corner only
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sindel - Corner only
Skarlet - Corner only
Smoke - Corner only
Stryker
Sub-Zero

Yes, that's a good way to set up the Low Grab but online just makes it sooo hard sometimes to even attempt it. It's too dangerous right now. I wish they would buff it a little bit so it hits more.

And yes B2, 1+2 is another staple in her book especially for punishes. Although it's not that easy to get midscreen but it does catch people off guard sometimes.

I got my gt name cuz my nickname or codename at times is Dragona. 2206 are my favorite numbers, plus that's the date when I decided to use that nickname.

I think people didn't really understand what I meant by Sheeva being an x-ray character. What I mean is Sheeva's x-ray is actually IMO among the BEST x-rays in this game either to be used alone but SPECIALLY when you combo it. That doesn't mean her enhanced specials are bad, it just means Sheeva is in that very small list where doing an x-ray is actually worth it and pretty devastating. I was at least expecting Sheeva players to have noticed that by now (since the rest of the haters think Sheeva's crap anyway).

One of the things that makes Sheeva's x-ray so good is the damage scaling. The problem with most x-rays is that their damage is extremely lowered after a combo. Sheeva's, however, maintains exactly the SAME damage, since most of the times Sheeva's x-ray damage is separated from the rest of the combo!

Simple example: JFP, B1, B2, x-ray ---> 100% safe x-ray for Sheeva, even if blocked! Sheeva's x-ray damage is separated for the rest of the combo (JFP, B1, B2 deals 12% I believe) hence why it keeps its original damage value (33%), even if the opponent blocks, Sheeva's x-ray is unblockable anyway. You can deal with Sheeva's x-ray combo an easy 45% and up life damage in your opponent. And this is a very basic example of an x-ray combo.

As far as I have noticed by now, combos higher than this you can mainly do with her low grab, done in very specific situations. You cannot simply pull an enhanced low grab combo because you want you and that is the problem of that special move. You have to guess it when your opponent is going to duck.

Her ground stomp is useless because it is damn slow, one of the slowest moves in the game. It's very, very, very, very, very, very easy to read it and punish it and if you think it's not then you're deluded. You can do it full-screen waiting for your opponent to stand up after a combo, but it's still not much useful to me. You better just throw a fireball, at least, even blocked, it can deal a small damage...