Sheeva Thread - "For the Shokan!"

Zoidberg747

You can do Low grab, anti air grab for 27% damage, really easy combo.

Anyone have strategies for her online though?

Voncroy

You can do Low grab, anti air grab for 27% damage, really easy combo.

Anyone have strategies for her online though?
Yesterday I played as Sheeva against very good players and I rocked as her.

- Use her enhanced special grab as wake-up for ending pressure.
- Use her teleport only in very specific cases since many characters can punish her, control her directions wisely.
- To punish teleport when the opponents are rolling in the air do 3, 3 + special grab - deals nearly 25% which is great.
- Take advantage of her B2, 1+2, fireball - deals nearly 30% alone.
- Don't try to do her anti-grab if the opponent is jump kicking you - they ALWAYS have priority over her, unless she does her enhanced anti-air grab.
- Take advantage of her F4, it has a great range.

Zoidberg747

A good anti air is 4, Grab n Punch, more effective then anit air grab. Also, i read on TYM her best X-ray combo is actually 4 X-ray-41%. Havent tested it but if its true OP should definitely put it up there.

A good anti air is 4, Grab n Punch, more effective then anit air grab. Also, i read on TYM her best X-ray combo is actually 4 X-ray-41%. Havent tested it but if its true OP should definitely put it up there.

Try it out. If it works and counts as a whole combo, I'll add it and give you credit for it.

wuzzuli

Sheeva is AWESOME.
Enh Low grab, B2, 1+2 Enh Air Grab = 51%
Without enhanced you get 43%.
Midscreen is great now. Her B2, 1+2 Enh Air Grab is a great mixup now aswell. 34%
Now people wotn crouch or jump against her :3 Sheeva is finally able to compete a bit better now :3

Voncroy

New changes to Sheeva's gameplay.

Fireball hits mid, so it will hit you even if you duck!
Enhanced fireball hits overhead, so if you're ducking and blocking, it will you hit anyway.

Great zoning tools. People will have to jump to get to your Sheeva and, plus, her air grab is faster.

And the cherry in the cake: tele stomp has HYPER ARMOR all the way. So, bye bye Kung Lao's spin :)
100% safe wake-up special against pressure. Can't wait to try it on. I actually never bothered using her enhanced tele stomp, but now for pressure it's gonna be gold. Now, no special will have priority against her tele stomp (Mileena's teleport kick, Kung Lao and Baraka's spin for example).

Additionally people, it seems jip is gonna disappear in this game, so we will have a whole new tier-list eventually...

Flagg

New changes to Sheeva's gameplay.

Fireball hits mid, so it will hit you even if you duck!
Enhanced fireball hits overhead, so if you're ducking and blocking, it will you hit anyway.

Great zoning tools. People will have to jump to get to your Sheeva and, plus, her air grab is faster.

And the cherry in the cake: tele stomp has HYPER ARMOR all the way. So, bye bye Kung Lao's spin :)
100% safe wake-up special against pressure. Can't wait to try it on. I actually never bothered using her enhanced tele stomp, but now for pressure it's gonna be gold. Now, no special will have priority against her tele stomp (Mileena's teleport kick, Kung Lao and Baraka's spin for example).

Additionally people, it seems jip is gonna disappear in this game, so we will have a whole new tier-list eventually...

Her 1, 1+2 will only work if the first 1 hits.

What do you mean by jips?

Sheeva has 50% corner combos that don't even require meter.

Voncroy

I believe some of those sentences weren't referred to my post. 1, 1+2 only works if 1 gets in the hit and not blocked.

Jump punches are no more. You cannot do a combo string from a jump punch anymore it seems. That may affect Sheeva a bit since her strings tend to have low priority, but most of her big combos don't have to necessarily start with JP. I believe Smoke and Scorpions will have a hard time now. As I am on PS3, I cannot get the patch until next week so I heard :(

Flagg

Yeah you can do jp into combo. I'm in the training room now, just did jp, f3, 2. 3 hit combo, 21%.

And true, you aren't always in the corner, and I find sometimes you need to burn meter for extra damage midscreen. Wow, how fireball is crazy good now. Sheeva is almost like using a boss character now! :D

wuzzuli

She is the Boss :3 Now to make Goro playable again and I will never play another game again ... I love the Shokan :3

Flagg

Low ex grab, b2, 2+1, ex fireball..

49%

Burns two bars, but for that damage, its worth it. You can go for ex walk and grab for MORE damage but grab sometimes whiffs.

wuzzuli

Yeah thats like the one I posted but without the Air Grab :3 Depends on who your fighting I guess. If you need to keep them close, Air Grab, if you wanna keep them far and have an almost guaranteed jump stomp afterwards, fireball

Voncroy

OFFICIAL changes to Sheeva's gameplay:

Sheeva
• Sheeva's Fireball is a mid block now and the Enhanced Fireball (Fire Blast) is an overhead.
• Sheeva's Ground Pound can correctly give a first hit bonus!
• Sheeva's Enhanced Jump Stomp (Jump Crush) now has armor on it.
• Sheeva's Air Grab has better anti-air collision on it.