Scorpion or Sub-Zero?

I always had a soft spot for Scorpion since I started playing (UMK3). But as of MK9 they both seem evenly matched in a fight. Both of their special moves are insanely slow but they are still so iconic you can't get enough of them.

How about "Scorp-zero"? yeah, yeeeeeahhhh!!! they could like be greenish purple and he could throw an "Ice Spear" that would freeze you and pull you toward him and then he would like totally be coo and stuff and like everyone would be happy and like everything or somejunk.

How about "Scorp-zero"? yeah, yeeeeeahhhh!!! they could like be greenish purple and he could throw an "Ice Spear" that would freeze you and pull you toward him and then he would like totally be coo and stuff and like everyone would be happy and like everything or somejunk.
= Reptile? Chameleon? Anyways I think there could be potential of a future alliance between the younger Sub and Scorpion. That would kick arse.

NRS show Scorp more love in promotion, but ingame he's treated like the village idiot. MK4 it was revealed Scorpion was just Quan Chi's pet. MKDA he gets killed by Drahmin. MKD he STILL fails to get revenge on the Chi Miester. MKA the Elder Gods bring his clan back as stupid zombies. MKvsDC Quan Chi outright taunts Scorpion's obliviousness; when Sub Zero says he didn't kill his family Quan Chi says "Well who else could have done it?" With THE MOST, jackassest smile possible on his face.

MK9 was the first game since MKII that showed Scorpion had a brain, when he decided not to kill Sub Zero. He finally appeared more human than his usual AAAGGGHHHHH!! KILL KILL RAGE KILL KILL VENGEANCE self

Scorpion is also given more love in the MK9 story, not just the promotion.
It's pretty blatantly obvious that NRS shows favoritism for Scorpion in BOTH marketing and story.

Not really.
He still ended up killing Sub-Zero at the whim of Quan Chi showing him some false flashbacks, and still went all AAAGGGHHHHH!! KILL KILL RAGE KILL KILL VENGEANCE in MK9, killing off Bi-Han.

That's because he just watched his wife and infant son get murdered by the man in front of him.

He got shown a false vision by Quan Chi, and persisted on his revenge crusade even when Bi Han told him and said "That is not me."
He still let Quan Chi manipulate him.

Yep, Scorpion was just puppet on a string.

Bi-Han for life!

So was Bi-Han. How else to explain him joining the Brotherhood of Shadow despite his vehement refusal? The fact is, Quan Chi manipulated both into killing each other, not one way or the other, obviously for his own nefarious purposes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

So was Bi-Han. How else to explain him joining the Brotherhood of Shadow despite his vehement refusal? The fact is, Quan Chi manipulated both into killing each other, not one way or the other, obviously for his own nefarious purposes.

That's Bi-Han as Noob Saibot.
Bi-Han as Sub-Zero, in MK9, was a badass.
MK9 Bi-Han (Sub-Zero) was no one's puppet.

That's Bi-Han as Noob Saibot.
Bi-Han as Sub-Zero, in MK9, was a badass.
MK9 Bi-Han (Sub-Zero) was no one's puppet.

A.) Same person = same character
B.) Bi-Han as Sub-Zero was still manipulated into doing Quan Chi's bidding, whether he is aware of it or not.

A.) Same person = same character
B.) Bi-Han as Sub-Zero was still manipulated into doing Quan Chi's bidding, whether he is aware of it or not.

A) Sub-Zero =/= Noob Saibot
Same person, different character with different powers.

B) No.
Quan Chi tricked Scorpion into thinking that Bi-Han killed his family, but Bi-Han as Sub-Zero was not Quan Chi's puppet.
Bi-Han never killed Scorpion's family.
That was Quan Chi disguising himself as Sub-Zero.
Sub-Zero just killed the Shira Ryu.

It was Scorpion who was tricked and manipulated by Quan Chi into thinking that Sub-Zero killed his family, when that was not the case.

A) Sub-Zero =/= Noob Saibot
Same person, different character with different powers.

B) No.
Quan Chi tricked Scorpion into thinking that Bi-Han killed his family, but Bi-Han as Sub-Zero was not Quan Chi's puppet.
Bi-Han never killed Scorpion's family.
That was Quan Chi disguising himself as Sub-Zero.
Sub-Zero just killed the Shira Ryu.

It was Scorpion who was tricked and manipulated by Quan Chi into thinking that Sub-Zero killed his family, when that was not the case.

Still not convinced that Bi-Han was manipulated into killing Scorpion, huh? Then I should remind you of how Scorpion became Quan Chi's undead pawn in the first place, and more importantly, the details of how that happened. We know it was Bi-Han that physically did it. But how did this happen? Hmm...

Quan Chi was looking for Shinnok's amulet, and discovered that the first key to its location was a map in a Shaolin Temple. He hired Bi-Han to steal it, but also hired Scorpion to perform the same task behind Bi-Han's back, knowing that a fight to the death would ensue. Now, if Bi-Han was NOT manipulated into killing Scorpion, then how do you explain the latter being hired behind the former's back?

Additionally, Bi-Han was pissed over it. Even his own words in the first cutscene of Mythologies make it clear that he was manipulated into killing Scorpion.

"Scorpion was tipped off... he knew I was breaking into that temple, and if he weren't there - there wouldn't have been a battle! You are responsible for this sorcerer!"

That should say it all right there...especially that last sentence. It didn't help matters any that the incident came very close to costing Bi-Han his mission.

Last edited:
He got shown a false vision by Quan Chi, and persisted on his revenge crusade even when Bi Han told him and said "That is not me."
That would show Bi-Han was just as screwed over by Quan Chi. Completely set up and manipulated by somebody Sub-Zero thought was an ally to him by Quan Chi showing a lie in front of a guy he killed in cold blood! Bi-Han, for once, was on the defensive!
He still let Quan Chi manipulate him.
Yep. In turn though he fooled Bi-Han by seeing a lie in front of his eyes (it was NOT him but Quan Chi made it look like it was)! It cost him his life.

Still not convinced that Bi-Han was manipulated into killing Scorpion, huh? Then I should remind you of how Scorpion became Quan Chi's undead pawn in the first place, and more importantly, the details of how that happened. We know it was Bi-Han that physically did it. But how did this happen? Hmm...

Quan Chi was looking for Shinnok's amulet, and discovered that the first key to its location was a map in a Shaolin Temple. He hired Bi-Han to steal it, but also hired Scorpion to perform the same task behind Bi-Han's back, knowing that a fight to the death would ensue. Now, if Bi-Han was NOT manipulated into killing Scorpion, then how do you explain the latter being hired behind the former's back?

Additionally, Bi-Han was pissed over it. Even his own words in the first cutscene of Mythologies make it clear that he was manipulated into killing Scorpion.

"Scorpion was tipped off... he knew I was breaking into that temple, and if he weren't there - there wouldn't have been a battle! You are responsible for this sorcerer!"

That should say it all right there...especially that last sentence. It didn't help matters any that the incident came very close to costing Bi-Han his mission.

Is any of MK:MSZ canon, though, or is it speculated canon?
Has NRS ever come out and said that Mythologies is canon?

Is any of MK:MSZ canon, though, or is it speculated canon?
Has NRS ever come out and said that Mythologies is canon?

Mythologies is canon in totality. Tobias made the game while still the official story writer, and its story links directly with that of MK4. The only games that are not canon are Shaolin Monks and vs DCU.

Mythologies is canon in totality. Tobias made the game while still the official story writer, and its story links directly with that of MK4. The only games that are not canon are Shaolin Monks and vs DCU.

According to whom is Mythologies canon?
Where does it say that Shaolin Monks isn't canon?

According to whom is Mythologies canon?
Where does it say that Shaolin Monks isn't canon?

Shaolin Monks is not canon based on lack of credibility (specifically speaking, it contradicted all that was previously established as canon). Mythologies on the other hand is consistent with all that is established as canon. Shouldn't common sense tell you all of that? Where's your common sense?