Reptile revealed!

Two things.

It says that the more away from the matriarch they (he/she) "slowly begins to lose their ability to look human".

It means they have an ability do disguise, not that they look human as a natural thing.

It only confirms that Repitle's human appearances are disguise, he is for sure a lizard.

And besides, this is MK: Conquest canon, right? So this isn't on the main canon.

you're misunderstanding me. :laugh:

I know they are wearing a disguise. They prefer to wear the disguise is the point. If they didn't, then they wouldn't do so.

This is not all Conquest stuff. The only stuff from Conquest is the stuff that mentions Conquest.
The stuff you read under "history" is all for the most part canon.

The Earthrealm war, the realm of Zaterra, and the female matriarch are all canon.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I am merely justifying why Reptile looks reptilian and not human, as some people would prefer.

You don't have to. I know why he looks like he does. Hell, iv been defending his new design left and right.

I was just telling you why some may want the human version.

you're misunderstanding me. :laugh:

I know they are wearing a disguise. They prefer to wear the disguise is the point. If they didn't, then they wouldn't do so.

This is not all Conquest stuff. The only stuff from Conquest is the stuff that mentions Conquest.
The stuff you read under "history" is all for the most part canon.

The Earthrealm war, the realm of Zaterra, and the female matriarch are all canon.

Judging by the comic, I thought he would come in a paler version, more humanid in color, but with reptilian features.

Guess it was really a very bright light on him :laugh: (of course was to throw us out)!

I want to see him human again because that's part of his story. Once he finds his long dead matriarch, he can restore his race and return to his human state.
Sure, and that really is the only interesting part about his story/motives, but until then...

It'd be a nice change of pace to see a human Reptile who doesn't just come across as a giant mutant lizard. I hate all that hissing and weird growling he does and shit. I'd rather Reptile be a smart, respected warrior. Not a dumb, hissing lizard.
I do agree with this and I know these are traits that come with his reptile form, but I ultimately can't help but think it would be a waste to hide him in a human body now that they've actually managed to make him look better than ever in his reptile form. He's a very distinctive character with this look (more so than he would be as a human obviously) and I prefer to have as much diversity on the roster as possible.

Judging by the comic, I thought he would come in a paler version, more humanid in color, but with reptilian features.

Yeah, i'm hoping that's just his comic book design. Id hate for his alternate to be something with such little change.
I'm hoping they play into the whole devolution thing this time. The story spanning over multiple years would make it perfect.

Forget characters aging, I want to see Reptile devolve.

but I ultimately can't help but think it would be a waste to hide him in a human body now that they've actually managed to make him look better than ever in his reptile form.

I completely agree. That's why I would only want a human design if it was an alternate. That way you can have both.

Like I said though, I wouldn't mind Reptile devolving again. Getting more reptilian as the story progresses. Just as long as it's done right this time. No more cartoon iguana Reptile.

His species is originally from Earthrealm. It has never been officially addressed where he was born in an individual capacity, so he still has 3 possibly realms of birth.

True.

My point is more so that The Saurian are of Earthrealm decent.
I doubt they ran around Earthrealm saying "I will tear your flesh!". They were probably a bit more respectful.

Without having looked up any source, I believe the Saurians are evolved from lizards, like humans are from apes. It would make most logical sense.

Reptile´s design is pretty cool, fits him better than his human form and makes more sense. Really like that the tongue is being used in the move set. It´s just the character itself that leaves the meh feeling since he was never a big part of the story and felt like a punching bag for others. The variations could make him a bit more interesting, so could his involvement with Kotal Kahn. We just have to wait and see.

Aren't they more related to birds then lizards?

Like, those dinosaurs with feathers? :laugh:

That's raptors. They eventually evolved to have feathers, and later all bird species evolved from them.
It depends on what period they are from though. Some dinosaurs were lizards, others were feathery...

That's raptors. They eventually evolved to have feathers, and later all bird species evolved from them.
It depends on what period they are from though. Some dinosaurs were lizards, others were feathery...

But Saurians evolved from Raptors :laugh:

When he's devolving, his true form is a Raptor...I guess that's why he looked like a bird in MK9?

Sorry, but you're wrong.

No dinosaur was ever a lizard. Dinosaurs were reptiles with a specific hip structure that allowed them to be up with both their back legs - every dinosaur had that kind of hip. Among dinosaurs, there are indeed different subspecies just like the raptors, as you mentioned, which belonged to the theropod group (that eventually evolved into birds). Only theropod dinosaurs had feathers as far as we know. Unlike what most people think, dinosaurs were NOT lizards, were NOT corcodiles and were NOT snakes. Different type of reptiles under the reptilian umbrella. That's like saying "some apes are cats".

Lizards are a different type of reptile.

Please, don't be mad at me, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just correcting your general knowledge of reptiles :)
Reptile's design has been growing on me though.

Last edited:
Sorry, but you're wrong.

No dinosaur was ever a lizard. Dinosaurs were reptiles with a specific hip structure that allowed them to be up with both their back legs - every dinosaur had that kind of hip. Among dinosaurs, there are indeed different subspecies just like the raptors, as you mentioned, which belonged to the theropod group (that eventually evolved into birds). Only theropod dinosaurs had feathers as far as we know. Unlike what most people think, dinosaurs were NOT lizards, were NOT corcodiles and were NOT snakes. Different type of reptiles under the reptilian umbrella. That's like saying "some apes are cats".

Lizards are a different type of reptile.

Please, don't be mad at me, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just correcting your general knowledge of reptiles :)
Reptile's design has been growing on me though.

Fair enough then. ^^

So is this chest piece of his the variation bit that's gonna change?

I'm intrigued into knowing what he has with the other two variations.

I hope, and I doubt it is, but I hope there's nothing that makes it look like he has a tail.

So is this chest piece of his the variation bit that's gonna change?

I'm intrigued into knowing what he has with the other two variations.

I hope, and I doubt it is, but I hope there's nothing that makes it look like he has a tail.
He can randomly sprout a tail for one variation, though. Not like they'd have to adjust the character model or the stance.

I've read a theory of his skin color changing, which is interesting.

Gifs!
http://mortalkombatshrine.tumblr.com/

tumblr_niuk7lSmxc1snpu61o1_540.gif

tumblr_niuk7lSmxc1snpu61o2_540.gif

tumblr_niuk7lSmxc1snpu61o3_540.gif

tumblr_nius6h7AMA1snpu61o1_540.gif

tumblr_nius6h7AMA1snpu61o2_540.gif

tumblr_nius6h7AMA1snpu61o3_540.gif

I hope we get a better look at reptile.
I've posted his trailer on my IG, FB, and Vine, and I just don't see anything interesting in him besides his Grab and his X-Ray.
Can't wait for tomorrows stream, hopefully we get a Reptile VS ??? fight.