Rebuilding Jarek

BBBLP

Robot Rock
This wasn't easy. Take into consideration that Jarek is the plainest character in MK history. So much of this will seem irrelevant to Mortal Kombat. Also this is pre-MK1 tournament.

NOTE: This story needs to be read with this music playing, its the only way to like it ;)

Jareik Charko Malvekai, also known as Jarek by his friends, grew up in a poverty stricken village in the Middle East. Always fantasizing about Western culture, he knew he was destined to be more than a mere Market man like his father and brother. They tried to reason with him, keep him on the righteous path, but Jarek was stubborn.

Jarek eventually joined up with a small gang, a pack of deviants and thieves. Much to the heartbreak of his father, Jarek would sneak out in the night to burgle and vandalize. Jarek loved the feeling of being able to take what he wanted. The adrenaline, the respect, the wealth. Jarek was untouchable, or so he thought.

*Branching Path!!!*​

Spoiler:

One day in the market, Jarek was caught stealing. He lost his left hand for his crimes and was abandoned by his father. Jarek was forced to live with his uncle, a man who had always followed in the steps of Jihad. Jarek was ruthlessly beaten everyday for his love of Western filth.

He was forced into the ranks of the Taliban. Vigorous training made much more difficult due to his lack of two hands. Jarek was miserable, both he and his superiors knew it. Jarek was sent on a suicide mission; destroy a local missionary camp in the name of Jihad. Jarek had no intentions of dying, and it was about to be known just how low he would stoop to prevent it.

Jarek contacted his brother, told him their father was injured and he needed to get a package of medical supplies to him. Even though his brother hated him, he would do anything for their father. So he obliges. When he reaches the camp, he sees no sign of their father. Confused, he opens the package. He hears a loud sound and feels the sensation of his skin being torn by shrapnel. The camp becomes a grave for many innocent people.

When Jarek's superiors hear of this act of cowardice, Jarek instantly becomes a marked man. But this is of no consequence, for Jarek is long gone. He travels the harsh sands, attacking nomads and small villages alike. His training in the Jihad camps made him a very unique swordsman; using a flowing momentum, Jarek easily uses his sword with the same power and finesse as a normal man.

Upon reaching another village, Jarek finds that it has already been ransacked. He watches the thugs haul away with their goods and hears a man with a very strange accent. He is soon spotted by a one of them and is attacked. In a three on one battle, Jarek just barely defeats his opponents. He is applauded by one of the men who introduces himself as No-Face.

No-Face brings Jarek to the Black Dragon HQ, tells Kano he would make for a fine recruit. Kano agrees, but Kabal senses something isn't right about him. Kano ignores Kabal's warning and gets Jarek trained and sends him on a heist with Tremor, Tasia and No-Face. During the mission Jarek accidentally trips the alarm. The building begins locking down but Jarek manages to worm under one of the doors, the others beg for his help but he grabs the treasure and bolts.

Jarek once again is marked for death for putting 3 top Black Dragons in prison. Normally Jarek would shake this off, but the Dragons are much more persistent than the Taliban. He is in constant hiding, never able to stay in one place for long. They are hot on his trail and he knows it.

Jarek needs to find Special Forces commander Jax to give him information about the BD. He hopes they will crack down on them and relieve the pressure off of him. But Kano is watching, he can feel his eyes on him, like lasers in his neck.

Spoiler:

On a hot and scorching day in the market, Jarek is taking a leisurely stroll through the fruit area. He lets his thirst get the best of him and snags an apple from a stand, not noticing the elderly man sitting behind it. The old man grabs him but Jarek pushes him off. The brittle man crashes through another stand and is killed almost instantly.

The guards grab Jarek before he can flee. For his theft, they cut off his left hand, for the murder, his right. He is hauled off far out of the village and is left to die in the unforgiving desert. It is almost nightfall when Jarek finally gets to his feet. He wanders aimlessly, his sorrowful pleas for mercy falling on the deaf ears of the vultures who await his collapse. Right before Jarek blacks out, a figure appears before him.

Jarek awakens on the dirt floor of a small hut. His eyes burning, muscles aching, his hands throbbing with pain. His hands? Jarek ignores his agony and sits up to see strange, seemingly demonic hands floating above his bloody stumps. He looks around for answers but it met with nothing more than a single candle and an eery silence. There was something, wrong, about this room. Jarek leaves immediately.

Jarek exits the strange shelter to find that he is on the outskirts of his village, high above on a sand dune. With nowhere else to go, Jarek returns to his father's house, making sure to hide his appearance. When Jarek opens the door of the home, a sight of pure evil, is forever burned into his mind.

Jarek's father is adhered to the wall. His face expressionless, but eyes wide open. Demonic markings surround his body. Black charred flesh where his hands were. All over the walls and floors is يد هيئة ملاك شيطان الافراج نفسي لانهاء عذابه "Hands of angel body of demon release my soul to end his torment". Jarek falls to his knees, tears form in the wells of his eyes. How? Why did this happen? The door opens behind him.

The shadowy figure that appeared before him in the desert, once again visits Jarek. The shadow claims his father made a deal with him. His life, for Jarek's safety. The shadow also says that Jarek's new hands are of his father's. Enhanced with sacred tools, Jarek can perform and summon great feats of ancient magic. At a cost.

The figure finally reveals that the hands are more holy than demonic. If Jarek were to ever kill in the name of greed again, the hands would take his own life. The figure disappears in a flash of green light, taking his father with him.

Jarek sets out on a holy quest. To honor his father's sacrifice he will rid the world of all that is evil.

The End

Spoiler:
I hate the way I ended Jarek the Coward, but I honestly could not think of anything else.

And if you cannot tell, Jarek the Hero is pretty much a combination of Souledge and Yoshimitsu's story.

Last edited:
God . That is very impressive. The coward one is probably more canon, but oh well. Loved the Hero one much better

Both of those are outstanding, and I agree that the music helped a lot in establishing the atmosphere. Establishing him as a devoutly Islamic character with a backstory and a goal would really set him apart from everyone else and would actually make him likeable. This goes to show that he has potential to be something other than a generic henchman.

Jarek is very lame, good bio/story dude.

Thanks to you.

(Mad TV reference ;))

Both of those are outstanding, and I agree that the music helped a lot in establishing the atmosphere. Establishing him as a devoutly Islamic character with a backstory and a goal would really set him apart from everyone else and would actually make him likeable. This goes to show that he has potential to be something other than a generic henchman.

If I wasn't black, you'd see me blushing right now :)
Thank you for the kind words.

I love it dude! You make the best rebuilds here on TRMK.

ily

Ilyf (I love your face)

Not entirely sure of his heritage, not much light was ever shined on him ;)

oh iight, i was confused and thought i missed that somewhere in his bio, lol. i've always liked jarek better than kano for some reason, but i'm hoping in mk10 they give the clone chars like jarek a chance to shine.

i'm just praying mk10 isn't mk4-deception, i'd like them to slow the story down a bit and re-tell it or even redo it completely over, one game at a time.

hopefully we get to see jarek, kai, reiko, fujin, and etc break outta their shell. btw, nice bio, i enjoyed reading it.

The amounts of badassery involved in this story is just.. Asstronomical (<-- Get it? LOL) Good writing, dude! I really hope they use what you just wrote. The coward one, more specifically. Honestly, Maybe I just liked it more because it's canon. They're both great though.

The amounts of badassery involved in this story is just.. Asstronomical (<-- Get it? LOL) Good writing, dude! I really hope they use what you just wrote. The coward one, more specifically. Honestly, Maybe I just liked it more because it's canon. They're both great though.

Glad you liked it.

I have a question though, how much of Coward is canon?
I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I don't know Jarek's canon story :laugh:

I have a question though, how much of Coward is canon?
I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I don't know Jarek's canon story :laugh:

Well, he was pretty much a ***** in that story. Like the real Jerek. And I remember in mk4 he was helping the special forces with something, so he had obviously turned on kano. That's really all that needs to match up.

PS- 1000th POST! SUP *****!?

Well, he was pretty much a ***** in that story. Like the real Jerek. And I remember in mk4 he was helping the special forces with something, so he had obviously turned on kano. That's really all that needs to match up.

PS- 1000th POST! SUP *****!?

Well slap my ass and call me Wendy.

Really impressive Bro, both the stories were awesome. I too like 'Jarek the coward' better as it is more closer to his original concept. Also not many characters in MK jumps from one organisation to other just to fufill theirs selfish needs so that a good and unique trait. Perhaps in place of his hand which got severed, the Black Dragon could attach some sort or gun or weapon to amplify his physical appearance. Even better I think, would be having one of the demon hands from the second story, so that he constantly has to balance between doing good deeds and his evil acts.

Anyways really impressive bro, you might have just inspired be to do rebuilds of my own:p. (I am looking at you Mokap :laugh:)

Really impressive Bro, both the stories were awesome. I too like 'Jarek the coward' better as it is more closer to his original concept. Also not many characters in MK jumps from one organisation to other just to fufill theirs selfish needs so that a good and unique trait. Perhaps in place of his hand which got severed, the Black Dragon could attach some sort or gun or weapon to amplify his physical appearance. Even better I think, would be having one of the demon hands from the second story, so that he constantly has to balance between doing good deeds and his evil acts.

Anyways really impressive bro, you might have just inspired be to do rebuilds of my own:p. (I am looking at you Mokap :laugh:)

You do a Rebuilding for Mokap, and I'll fly to your home in Shujinko's Beard and bow before your feet.

Glad you liked it :)

The music fits so perfectly. I also like that he is Middle Eastern. Like meeeeeee :D

Never knew you were Middle Eastern :)
Thats an awesome coincidence.

And I do love that music, its so peaceful.
It sits right up there with the one for Shujinko's Rebuilding.