Predator confirmed

I never understood the Predator appeal, but couldn't they have at least made the DLC Predator and Alien? Like, NRS is awful with these guest characters. Alien could've been amazing. Instead we get Jason, who is embarrassing and irrelevant.

I never understood the Predator appeal, but couldn't they have at least made the DLC Predator and Alien? Like, NRS is awful with these guest characters. Alien could've been amazing. Instead we get Jason, who is embarrassing and irrelevant.

Like someone else had said, the Alien may be too difficult to work into MK's Fatality/X-Ray system. It's the head that presents a problem.

Like someone else had said, the Alien may be too difficult to work into MK's Fatality/X-Ray system. It's the head that presents a problem.
It's too bad. Fatalities and such hold back creativity with character design. MK will never have a cast of characters as diverse as Killer Instinct's (like Aganos or Riptor) because it can't let go of certain things.

Possibly. There is still plenty of variations of Alien to choose from that may have made their job slightly easier. Hell, even Terminator is better than Jason at this point (and it has a comic series with Alien/Predator).

It's too bad. Fatalities and such hold back creativity with character design. MK will never have a cast of characters as diverse as Killer Instinct's (like Aganos or Riptor) because it can't let go of certain things.

Like, I'd be down for a situation where we get some ridiculously large or oddly shaped character and all fatalities and X-rays performed on him or her are just one set x-ray and fatality that expands over the entire roster. So if a xenomorph was in the game, Cassie's x-ray on him would be the same as Takeda's, you know? It's better than excluding characters with "difficult" shapes and sizes.

Like, I'd be down for a situation where we get some ridiculously large or oddly shaped character and all fatalities and X-rays performed on him or her are just one set x-ray and fatality that expands over the entire roster. So if a xenomorph was in the game, Cassie's x-ray on him would be the same as Takeda's, you know? It's better than excluding characters with "difficult" shapes and sizes.
That's a nice compromise. Still, there's a lot more than just X-rays and fatalities. There's hitboxes, etc. But the biggest deal-breaker is that most animations in this game are specifically designed around/for humanoid figures. They'd need to do a huge amount of work to get in just one non-humanoid fighter, let alone two or more.

Still, it means we get more characters and more fluid, realistic animations, two things KI lacks.

That's a nice compromise. Still, there's a lot more than just X-rays and fatalities. There's hitboxes, etc. But the biggest deal-breaker is that most animations in this game are specifically designed around/for humanoid figures. They'd need to do a huge amount of work to get in just one non-humanoid fighter, let alone two or more.

Meh. Make it work, NRS. If not - Well... I still buy yo games.

I wouldn't mind a Ripley guest character. Not quite Alien Vs Predator, but you could say she was heavily mutated or something to have the acid blood.

But still, I'm happy with the two guests we got.

Xenomorph would not work in MK. Xenos are pretty much wild animals that work on animal instinct while Predators are warriors and know how to think in a real battle. I also think Predator vs. Jason feels much better and does feel as random then having Kratos vs. Freddy in MK9.

I'm wondering whether Predator and Jason will have any dialogue with all the other mk characters. I mean, both of them don't speak much if it at all. And also the other two klassic dlc mk characters...will they have dialogue with all the characters? Who knows if they will even do dialogue with any of the dlcs.

This thread is full of whine, I mean it's a game and people are upset about guest kharacters that aren't part of the storyline. It's just a selling assist to bring new players and keep old fans interested. I like that the Predator was announced and I'd still play the game if the DLC was all 3D kharacters instead. I hate 3d and its my opinion and I'm sticking to it but if they were introduced and their move set was auesome then I'm in. Maybe I can't sympathize because my favs are in and been a fan since the 1st MK and only played MKDA.

3D MK was trash to me.

Instead we get Jason, who is embarrassing and irrelevant.
Because apparently Shao Kahn would have been more irrelevant (despite Goro and Sindel's presence and him even being mentioned in pre-fight banter), that's why we get movie characters.

>NRS logic 101

Well, Predator and Jason just got irrelevant to me. Have your guest characters and enjoy them! Then I'll enjoy playing as Tanya as soon she's available. ^^

No they're not, you don't have to buy them. They are not on the main roster. You have nothing to complain about.

It wasnt a complaint, I was just expressing my view on guest characters, and hypothetically, I could have something to complain about, if I was not happy with the concept of guest characters taking up room for potential MK DLC characters. But that is hypothetical.

I agree, but they will sell quite well. I wasn't a fan of Krueger and I am not bothered about Jason at all, but Predator will be amazing in this game. Is it a gimmick to add him? Yeah, probably, but if he's well-designed and fun to play, what's the problem? It's optional DLC after all.

I have to admit, Predator looks really good.

Since Fox is a rival company, I wonder if Predator will get the Kratos treatment. Where fatalities are altered on him so they don't humiliate as much.

My God, they need to add that 'Dillon! You son of a b--ch!' line as one of the character intros.

That should be a petition or something.