Playstation 4 to sell for £600 ($900)?

MrBlackMonday

Got this email from Amazon today.

smvria.jpg

Are they serious? £600? I know we get ripped off in the UK and software / hardware is more expensive than the States but this is ridiculous.

Surely this is just Amazon getting it wrong?

wow thats crazy does sony really think they will get alot of sales if its going to be 900$ lol no thanks im still enjoying my ps3

Not a chance. They had a hard enough time with the ps3 being $600. Just take this with a huge grain of salt. I personally don't think it's gonna go past $450 US dollars.

Selling consoles a high price like this is not a good idea.... Especially when the price is 600 more than a typical PS3.

It's most likely a place holder Sony have already stated that the PS4 should cost less. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-price-sony-to-keep-console-costs-low

For those who don't want to click the link "Michael Denny, Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios implied last month that the PS4 price would be more affordable than the PS3, as an attempt to “reach as broad a gaming audience as possible.”

well I hope youre right. $900 is a complete joke.

I'd still pay it. Especially if Fallout 4 is next gen.

I don't hear your name in there complainin tiggas

$900?!?!?! Not happening for me. Place holder more than likely but in the slight possiblilty that Sony pulls this off, there will still be a few idiots that will actually pay that full price.

$900?!?!?! Not happening for me. Place holder more than likely but in the slight possiblilty that Sony pulls this off, there will still be a few idiots that will actually pay that full price.

Very Very few. That's awful for business, especially when the economy is bad and your core audience are young people. It's not gonna be anywhere near that price. I'll bet my first born son on it. If I eventually have one that is.

It's most likely a place holder Sony have already stated that the PS4 should cost less. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-price-sony-to-keep-console-costs-low

For those who don't want to click the link "Michael Denny, Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios implied last month that the PS4 price would be more affordable than the PS3, as an attempt to “reach as broad a gaming audience as possible.”

That's what I'm thinking too.
There's no way in HELL that I'd pay $900 for a console.
I wouldn't even pay $600 for a console.

I got my PS3 in 2008 for $300, and it came with MGS4.

Maybe they want to quickly take those "buy resale" sales?

I mean... anytime they release a console around christmas, they are all sold out

And half the assholes that buy them don't even want them, they just bought them to re-sell them on Ebay for an extra 300 bucks. And there's plenty of rich assholes who would buy one at that price.

I would if a sexy enough game that had me UBER hyped was launched with it.

I bought my PS3 when it first came out for just under $900. I would do it again.

PlayStation <3

That's what I'm thinking too.
There's no way in HELL that I'd pay $900 for a console.
I wouldn't even pay $600 for a console.

I got my PS3 in 2008 for $300, and it came with MGS4.

damn man whered you get yours lol. I bought mine in 2008 with mgs4 for $500. still today I think it should have costed at least $100 less than I payed.

damn man whered you get yours lol. I bought mine in 2008 with mgs4 for $500. still today I think it should have costed at least $100 less than I payed.

I got it at Best Buy (80Gb).

Where did you get yours?
$500 for it in 2008 sounds like someone raped you at the register.

I hope the new consoles cost this much. This isn't 2006 anymore, inflation has sky rocketed. The developers should be given a massive chunk of your money for entertaining you and providing hours of priceless entertainment. Everyone SHOULD pay this maximum price. Even if the price goes down I want to see people march up to the respective console producers officers and proudly say

"I got this quality multimedia entertainment hub for less than the RRP. Here, have my change from the money I put aside for the quality multimedia entertainment hub. Money that should have all gone into the cost. Here I want you to have it, I'm a true fan and want you to continue to produce quality products, quality products I know you won't be able to produce if you don't take my extra money."

None of you would or will do this, but you will be more than happy to do it for every other game you purchase through DLC and other exciting initiatives.