Playing Arcade Ladder Before Story = Disaster?

Axe

Unlike MK9, MKX's boss is a secret. I wonder how NRS are approaching this? Think about it. You go onto arcade mode and you start to scroll down the ladder and you see the boss at the top!? Massive surprise ruined! Imagine how pissed off everyone would be! Or are NRS going to hide it in some way. Maybe if you've not completed the story yet.

To my knowledge no one has bought this up (I ran a search) and it has quite possibly significant consequences in terms of story spoilers.

Won't have this problem. I don't even touch arcade before story.

The closer to that is training mode, or a match against human.

If Boon's going to reveal the bad guy then its all good. I could just imagine the rage of realizing your mistake all too late.

I did post a thread on this called "bosses and the will of the internet" or something. Take a look at it if you want people's thoughts.

Yeah there's just no way the identity of the boss isn't coming out before the game even releases.

Only the people who actively avoid spoilers and MK info online won't know, and if they managed to do that they'll certainly manage to play story mode before ladders.

If you don't want to know who the boss is before you play Story Mode, then don't start with playing Arcade Ladder. Simple as that. It's your own fault if you do so.

I always play Arcade mode first. I care none for spoilers. Big baddie or not, I wanna play as my most admired character before I jump into story and be forced to play as Raiden or whoever.

They shouldn't have to hide the Final Boss just because some people are too eager to jump in and fight right away.

If you want the satisfaction of surprise, then go straight to Story Mode. Otherwise, that sucks for you. It won't be NRS's fault. It will be yours.

go training room first.

then story.

then ladders.

i personally dont care for single player, story, or ladders. ill go training room then straight to online multiplayer
ive had MK9 since release and didnt touch story mode till a few months back and wasnt all that impressed, people just seemed to start a fight at the drop of a hat it got old quick and there was no decision making just a forced linear story with the exact same fights in the exact same order every time.
i remember people harping on about how awesome and in depth story was but i dont see it

i hope this time there are some small parts in the story where theres an option of who to fight or where to go next for replay value. a few alternate paths, hidden secrets, things like that, thats what i was expecting in MK9

i hope this time there are some small parts in the story where theres an option of who to fight or where to go next for replay value. a few alternate paths, hidden secrets, things like that, thats what i was expecting in MK9

I actually made a thread about this not to long ago.

I figured they could implement "Choose Your Destiny" into the story mode. Just simple things like choosing who to fight, who to perform a fatality on, and where you should go next. It doesn't have to be too crazy, just enough to cause a couple different stories.

I usually nosey around and check out all the features 1st

Might get some Training Mode in to get a feel for the game

Then get right into story

Then Arcade

Then if there is other modes, I get into them, no specific order

If they are trying to keep the big bad a secret, why not have ladder mode be Netherealm War with Shinnok as final battle. When you beat Netherealm ladder, you get a quick text non-cannon ending. Then maybe you unlock MKX ladder after you finish story mode and once you beat MKX ladder, then you unlock the high production value endings. I think this would be the way to go.

With all that said, I guarantee they'll announce the big bad. If for no other reason, the big bad will be all over the internet within hours of games arriving at stores, well before launch.