Official World Cup 2014 thread

FIFA should look into the referee's performance in the Brazil Colombia match. The amount of tackles put in by Brazilians which was left unbooked was absolutely shocking. Cesar should have been sent off for sure.

It was horrible to watch anytime Columbia got the ball they kept receiving rough tackles & were not allowed to play their football & because the referee completely favoured Brazil, the hosts got away with it.

Hope Germany trash them in the semis.

Last edited:
FIFA should look into the referee's performance in the Brazil Colombia match. The amount of tackles put in by Brazilians which was left unbooked was absolutely shocking. Cesar should have been sent off for sure.

It was horrible to watch anytime Columbia got the ball they kept receiving rough tackles & were not allowed to play their football & because the referee completely favoured Brazil, the hosts got away with it.

Hope Germany trash them in the semis.

I agree, the ref should be investigated...for the lack of calls against those fouling thugs from Colombia. You'd need a deck of cards for their brutish footballing the other day. Zuniga must have been taking challenge tips from Carlos Pesina. Absolutely abhorrent.

Worst performance by a Brazilian side I've ever seen!!! Cant even see them winning the 3rd place play off now.

Last edited:
A 7-1 score in SOCCER?!

Brazil was throwing this game. How else to explain the score?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

A 7-1 score in SOCCER?!

Brazil was throwing this game. How else to explain the score?

Because throwing a semi final World Cup match on you home turf makes soooo much sense.

Germany are clearly going to win the World Cup now. Don't have a problem with that.

Brazil do not throw the game away. I´m brazilian and the truth is: brazilian football is dying, and this death does not start yesterday. Yesterday´s game was not a fluke...

Last edited:
Germany really deserved it, they were superb all through. Great goal by Gotze to get them the win. Happy for the three Arsenal men who are now World Cup winners.

I thought this World Cup was very enjoyable, a lot of great games, sorta sad now its over but its not too long to wait for the Premiership to start just over a month or so. :)

It is absolutely disrespectful to give a tournament MVP or whatever...to a player who is NOT on the winning team!

It is absolutely disrespectful to give a tournament MVP or whatever...to a player who is NOT on the winning team!

Well first of all, it's not an MVP award, it's a "best player" award. By that description there is not nearly the need for it to be from the winning team that an MVP award would have.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the result; I didn't watch the entire tournament closely enough to form an informed opinion for that. I'm opposing your assertion that there is something wrong with giving it to a player from the losing team in this case

Well first of all, it's not an MVP award, it's a "best player" award. By that description there is not nearly the need for it to be from the winning team that an MVP award would have.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the result; I didn't watch the entire tournament closely enough to form an informed opinion for that. I'm opposing your assertion that there is something wrong with giving it to a player from the losing team in this case
Here's my opinion on it; to the Victor go the Spoils.

Here's my opinion on it; to the Victor go the Spoils.

Then your argument should be that they should change the award to "best player on the winning team." Messi is still perfectly eligible for the existing award format.

The best player on the winning team IS the best player in the tournament on the account of winning.

[MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] I have to agree with [MENTION=10]Love Cowboy[/MENTION] on this one it is a player of the TOURNAMENT award therefore the award should go to the most impressive player regardless if he is on the winning team or not. I can understand how easy it would be to mix the two up because like in basketball the award is different as its an MVP therefore it must go to the player on the winning side.

Are you saying that if a player was by far the most impressive & scored over 10 goals in a world cup but was on the losing side he would not deserve the award for best player?

Let's be honest though, Messi did NOT deserve it. Should've went to James Rodriguez.

Oh and about Germany's victory, LOOOOOOLLLLL @Lionel Messi. That weasel has another 4 years to try to prove that he is officially the GOAT. But until then, I'll relish in Argentina's defeat.