Official Soccer (football) Thread

Re: Soccer fans

awesome thread, im a huge fan of Barcelona and not now but when romaria joined back in 93
love the EPL just because of how many top teams they have which make great games to watch!

bottom line i follow soccer(futbal) like crazy and awesome to see this in the forum

p.s i hope Barca take the cup final tomorrow against Madrid... not to hate Noiprocs but ca mon 7 defenders on saturday in madrid to face Barca... i've never seen madrid play so defensive... u can thank the special one (sarcasm)

awesome thread, im a huge fan of Barcelona and not now but when romaria joined back in 93
love the EPL just because of how many top teams they have which make great games to watch!

bottom line i follow soccer(futbal) like crazy and awesome to see this in the forum

p.s i hope Barca take the cup final tomorrow against Madrid... not to hate Noiprocs but ca mon 7 defenders on saturday in madrid to face Barca... i've never seen madrid play so defensive... u can thank the special one (sarcasm)

A huge fan of Barca too ;) Hoping to see Real crushed tomorrow as they will be mory lucky and Messi will show something despite he surely will be marked by 2-3 defenders. But then - 2 more El Classicos ...Hottest than ever. Damn, thats a test for nerves. Want to see Barcelona winning CL finals from MU again. But Shalke seems to be a surprise, if they defeat Red Devils. Then it's going to be tricky.

Am I the only one who falls asleep during games of teams like Barca?
Offcrouse they play great football but all that passing around and fake moves bore me.
I like football to be pretty straight forward, no fancy stuff just honest (and hard), like to see the players run their socks off and fight for every inch of the pitch.

Probably that's the reason why players like Di Canio, Scholes, Scott Parker, Charlie Adam, Joey Barton and such are among my higly rated players. Just like the bastard type of players :)

I'm greek but I support the national team of Germany :D I believe they're the best team in the world, their negative is that when you see them entering the field with no strength, they are bound to lose. when they enter with lots of energy, they'll hammer anyone in their way.

for club teams, Juventus is my love <3 although they make us rot this year with the coaches, loaning or selling the skillful youth talent to other teams and keeping the youth talent that's useless and can't play ball or lousy transfers and instead not buying but getting on loan good players.. plus that we need some more strikers, matri and quagliarella can make it but it still feels juventus is held on del piero's back and he MUST retire at some point -.- other than juve, I like chelsea, valencia, st. pauli, dynamo dresden and san lorenzo from argentina.

too bored to type favorite players.. too many, plus most of them are not THAT known and loved lol. I tend to like underdogs that make it happen and not the typical aguero, c. ronaldo, messi boring kinda guys imo.

I guess the best leagues would be english for the speed, spanish for the technique and german for the strength and bags of goals :p

I've become a fan of MLS, until recently it was the only soccer you could follow in the US fairly easily (Fox Soccer shows a lot of EPL now). It's not the same level as elite Euro clubs of course, but for a league that's only been around for 15 years I think it's come into its own quite nicely. Unlike a lot of sports who try to expand too fast and to cities that won't support clubs, they've been really good at placing teams in cities with solid fanbases. I mean, who would have thought Seattle was soccer crazy, yet they regularly get around 30,000 for games. My team's LA Galaxy, Landon Donovan's a beast when he gets rolling.

You know, it's funny. For all the "soccer will never catch on in America" stereotypes, I just glanced at the attendance so far for MLS teams and I'd be willing to bet that most of them are outdrawing most teams in baseball right now. It's at least close, most baseball games average about 15-17,000 per game and that's about the same amount who've gone to soccer matches as well.

MLS is growing yes.
Something I like over there is the salary cap.

Attendance however is no real stat for support. Look at for example Arsenal 60 000 at home games but it's like a library.
Then you have for example Stoke who have a way smaller crowd but get louder.

Offcourse support is also something personal. Some just rather sit comfy, wear a replica kit, scarf and watch the game while others rather stand up, sing, shout,...

I'm the last type, rather stand up and be in the atmosphere. Doesn't matter if then I sometimes miss certain actions or have a restricted view.
Been to quite some grounds and off the big clubs I gotta say Man U has the best support especially away but at home even with all the tourists they can go loud and good interaction with the visitors (was there with West Ham this season).

But in general I rather go to games against teams like Stoke, Sunderland, Blackpool, Birmingham,... than against the big teams. The atmosphere tends to be way better.

Im brazilian so my fav national team is Brazil duh! Kaka fav player
My fav brazilian team is Corinthians Liedson and Adriano fav player! TIMAO!!!!
but i live in london now and i support my local team Chelsea! Drogba and i know torres -_-" but ireally like him.

Im brazilian so my fav national team is Brazil duh! Kaka fav player
My fav brazilian team is Corinthians Liedson and Adriano fav player! TIMAO!!!!
but i live in london now and i support my local team Chelsea! Drogba and i know torres -_-" but ireally like him.
Yeah I like how well Torres is doing for you, it was a good "get rid of" on our part. :)

Yeah I like how well Torres is doing for you, it was a good "get rid of" on our part. :)

Indeed, you lot will still need to get rid of quite some other useless Spaniards Benitez brought in.

Meanwhile we are again struck with more bad news.
Gary O'Neill got injured last week against Villa, they now state he won't be fit before 2012 and there's 50% he won't be able to play again.
Thank you nigel reo-joker.
Also Dyer injured AGAIN, can't believe they've spent £23M in all that time on him. Useless idiot.

At least our wage bill will be lower next year in the championship.
But it will be without Player of the year: SCOTT PARKER!!

Chicharito! What a ledge

JavierHernandezNew.jpg

Can't wait to go back to places like Watford, Leeds, Swansea and most of all Millwall.
Will be more fun than the premier league and hopefully cheaper.

So who else was shocked to see USA fall flat against Panama. It looked to me like they couldn't execute at all. I just hope that they come out and lay a whoopin' on Guadeloupe Tuesday and storm through to the finals against Mexico (because let's be honest, it's gonna happen again).

GO BRASIL!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I cant wait for the next word cup. I'll be in Brasil watching it all live

:D

So who else was shocked to see USA fall flat against Panama. It looked to me like they couldn't execute at all. I just hope that they come out and lay a whoopin' on Guadeloupe Tuesday and storm through to the finals against Mexico (because let's be honest, it's gonna happen again).

Yes mexico will win the copa de oro again