Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Yeah, I don't care for Skarlet's primary costume, it's just kinda boring & bland.
Her second costume (witch we don't have) is cooler, expect I don't like the hood.

We know Skarlet had an alternate costume yet it wasn't apart of the download, she doesn't have a win pose in "Test Your Luck", she doesn't have her own section in Nekropolis to simply view her character model or her ending at all besides finishing the ladder over again -- she just seems unfinished when you tally everything else together outside of her gameplay and character model. I'm disappointed if this is what is gonna cost $4.99 for the remaining DLC characters. I expected better from NetherRealm Studios.

Re: Thoughts on Skarlet?

X-ray - Cool but at the same time meh, is like incomplete.
Fatality 1 - meh
Fatality 2 - Awesome
Combos - Hard but cool looking

Gameplay
Pros:
-Fast moves
-Fast teleport
-Lots of tools and options
-Original concept
-Strong Bloodball
-Great air fighting tools

Cons:
-Slow recoveries
-Low damage
-Weak X-ray even when is comboed in
-Bloodball affects your health
-Slashes have slow start

Final review
(gameplay, concept and looking wise)

She is not my type of character, even so ill trying to get the hand on her but Im getting hard time with her combos and some of the attacks feel weird (to me) like her up/down slashes, I never use them because I cant find a way to us them in the correct time. But im trying to get better, she worths the $5, thats for sure.

She's very fun to play as, I think both of her fatalities are cool, her x-ray is very weak, even when I combo good into it I can still only get 40% or so damage. Can be played offensively or defensively, I prefer defensive play with her due to her speed, it's easy to punish someone but because of her bad recovery you can get punished brutally. It will take some more time playing and experimenting I'm with the overall consensus of her being so-so until more is learned.

So far I like her a lot, even thinking of having her as my main (alongside Kitana).

Her X-Ray and fatalities are awesome, and most of her moves are just brutal.

Only thing I don't like is her victory pose in-between rounds, it takes too long :-/ I can tell she's a character that needs to be patched and updated but so far I've liked what I've played. Hoping to see more of her in the MK universe!

i think the damage scaling on her downslash/upslash combos is off as it seems to do way more damage for much less work then her other combos (as much as 40% with jumpin for 8 hits)

other combos feel more accurate given her plethora of options.

i find myself only using upslash/downslash after i landed a combo starter or tied into red dash cancel as it comes out WAY faster.

she is a great char, a bit more difficult to use but i dont think too much so. she has a lot of options to play with.

i also love her xray, yes its low damage, but its also an overhead.

she also has a AMAZING 50/50 mindgame mixup with red dash slide cancel into downslaosh/upslash that is fast and can turn into a combo.

I agree. She randomly stabs the ground and she's like "Oh we got another round?"

I think its messed up because most of the times when she stabs the ground she does it with half of the body out of the screen, they need to fix it, just because of aesthetics... first time i was like, what is she doing?? i cant see it.

I think its messed up because most of the times when she stabs the ground she does it with half of the body out of the screen, they need to fix it, just because of aesthetics... first time i was like, what is she doing?? i cant see it.

Oh so it's not my crappy 90s TV then? Lol I thought my tv caused it since it cuts off some of the image

Oh so it's not my crappy 90s TV then? Lol I thought my tv caused it since it cuts off some of the image

I have a 42" LCD so it is not a resolution problem. Maybe it looks a bit worse in your since the res is 4:3, but it still looks bad in 16:9.

Guys, PLEASE use the search button....we have so many topics on Skarlet....please keep all Skarlet related discussions here.

~Thanks =)

thats the same problem with noob, whenever u win a round and he splits in two u can barely see the other half. but when u win close to ur opponent he does a different animation. u will only see her whole body if u win a round from a certain distance.

i just wished she had an alternate costume and that she was in the neckropolis so i can wacth the ending again. I love her x-ray the heel to the eye is insane

Even though $5 is too expensive, I still bought Skarlet anyway and I have to say, she pretty good. She's probably my second or third favorite female character in the game. Both of her fatalities actually make me cringe though, unlike most fatalities. Her X-Ray is pretty cool though.

Got her last night, she is alright....I still have to figure out her combos and get better with her so, yeah, not bad, but not OMG I JUST SHAT MY PANTS AT HOW AWESOME SHE IS but that may be because I haven't gotten great with her yet. Awesome ending, though =)