Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Oh yeah, I forgot my bad lol

Think of it as like a mature crime/action anime with elements of dark comedy. Lot of violence, language, drinking, smoking, etc. The main events of the whole series start off when the main protagonist, Rock, a Japanese businessman, is sent to the seas of Eastern China to deliver a disc. On his way there, though, his boat gets hijacked by the other three main characters who are mercenaries known as "Black Lagoon" (just so you know, they have their own business called the Lagoon Company). These characters are the aforementioned Revy, the main heroine, Dutch, an African-American and leader of the Lagoon Company, and Benny, Lagoon Company's researcher and mechanic.

I dunno if I should consider this a minor spoiler or not, but Revy takes Rock hostage, thinking that Rock is worth a ransom, only to find out that this "disc" of Rock's is a lot more trouble than it seems.

Anything else you want to know or is this okay?

nope thats all i wanted just a quick premise but how violent is it though is it around deadman wonderland violent or tamer?

I'll be honest, I haven't seen enough of Deadman Wonderland to be able to really tell you if it's tamer or not.

All I can tell you is that it's pretty damn violent, over-the-top and graphic. You'll see a lot of blood, plenty of gunfights, all that.

Last edited:

Hey, guys, if you're looking for something more mature, you might want to try Monster. It's long and a bit slow-paced, but it's worth it.

And about Soul Eater, I'm not sure if you watch it dubbed or not, but - Tamashii no kyoumei!
It was great, especially the last episodes. I still prefer the manga though.

I rocked A shiro avatar like a year ago and everyone told me to stop cuz it was creepy >.>

Critical, just curious, how many anime shows do you think you've watched in your lifetime so far?

Damn....only watched less than 30. Granted, I don't watch a whole lot of television and movies in general.

I don't watch T.V. either. It's just Anime from DVD's or movies at theatres that's the extent of my media.

when it comes to news I usually just read articles "Multiple articles" I hate how alot of journalist have huge amounts of bias or put a unfair agenda on their crap.

I ****ing love Deadman's Wonderland.

I'm on Episode 7.

I love how dark, twisted, and gritty it is like when the Wretched Egg makes its first appearance, tearing all those tower guards limb from limb.

Shira, why.

Did you forget the spoiler tags cause I'm watching the same damn thing :mad:

Shira, why.

Did you forget the spoiler tags cause I'm watching the same damn thing :mad:

Billy, they're random tower guards.

And do you even know what the Wretched Egg is? :laugh:

But yeah, I love twisted stuff so Deadman Wonderland satisfies me greatly.

I have a small twisted side myself. Not gonna eat any baby legs lmao

Ok cool then I'll chill my ass out then

my bad Shira :laugh: