Next Most Popular Female DLC

Who Out of the 4 Female Fighters Only Do You Want as the Next DLC?

• Frost

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Sareena

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Sindel

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
Its a fighting it makes sense to have more men, they are the more capable fighters. Thing is there is some form of supernatural to all of these characters and its not just basic human biology. So i can understand having woman in the game.

DOA i cant get behind that game is there to just market female breasts and that you should buy that game for that reason.

Its a fighting it makes sense to have more men, they are the more capable fighters. Thing is there is some form of supernatural to all of these characters and its not just basic human biology. So i can understand having woman in the game.

DOA i cant get behind that game is there to just market female breasts and that you should buy that game for that reason.

Dead or Alive is much more than T&A, but I guess as a huge fan of the series. I can look pass the obvious fan service. Also I guess being gay helps lol

I am fine with these females for different reasons:

- Frost - I don't really like Frost all that much, but I'm interested to see what they'd do to her.
- Li Mei - screams potential to me! More kung fu-ish type of girl, based on Chinese martial arts.
- Sareena - she deserves the spot.
- Sindel - the 3-variation system would fit her like a glove.

whoa whoa extreme sexism here. If there's something that females are, it's capable. You don't have to be trong to be a fighter, you hve to be skilled

You should reconsider and actualize your concept of "basic human biology"

They're not as capable though. They simply can't match our potential.

Rhonda Rousey could kick my Average Joe ass free all day, but I could still stomp out the billions of other women lol

I voted for Sindel, but I'd happily see Li Mei or Sareena return. But I have my reservations.

Frost - It looks like quite a challenge to give her 3 varations and not have her be a cut copy of any of Sub-Zero's moves.
Sareena - I think she's the most worthy of a DLC position. She's never had her moment to shine as an individual or get a proper playable debut (I don't count Armageddon) This is their chance to really flesh her out, but it could be too late. If she is included it'll probably be her first and last time. The timeline seems to have moved on without her. Also people might not really remember her, since people even questioned who Tanya was.
Li Mei - I think it would be difficult to flesh her out into 3 variations when most of her moves would seem borrowed. They'd also bring back her sword for the sake of a variation which I find quite lazy.
Sindel - Probably the safest bet. She's already 'there' and would mostly need tweaked. They have enough to work with for variations - Hair, scream, starscreamer, levitation, possibly even her Kwan Dao from Deception. Also from a timeline/story perspective, she seems the more important character. I'd like them to change her costume a bit and fix that lame ass scream move she has

I can only imagine Queen Sindel with this killer look for DLC or at least next game.

queen_sindel_x_by_nonestica-d8hx3ya.jpg

queen_sindel_by_nonestica-d8hx4m7.jpg

Her variations could be:

1) Vociferate or Vociferous (Powers based on her yelling)
2) Hair Whip (Powers based on her hair)
2) Edenian Empress (Powers based on flying and kwan dao)

Fireballs, basic yell and hair grab could be universal moves.

Last edited:
I've got an idea, people: Let's stop trying to argue with the sexist idiots.

Screw them, and screw their ideas of what is and isn't realistic.

I'm a woman, I'm sure I can kick some of your asses. Then, I'll take you out to get some ice cream and be best buds again. :tee:

Anyways, I chose Frost because I like her more than the others, Sindel comes in second for me.

Screw them, and screw their ideas of what is and isn't realistic.

D'aww, someone doesn't share the same ideals as you, so they must be idiots.

So what if people want no females? Would you be insulting people if somebody didn't want any males?

Anyways, 30%-40% of the roster should be girls in a MK game imo.

The sexist argument, I lol @ that.

And it's because of people just laughing at it that it's not taken seriously, because people don't want to see the seriousity in it. It's easier to just laugh at it and pretend it's not a thing, because then you don't have to deal with it. Ignoring the issue doesn't mean it's not there.

Saying that there should be mostly men in a fighting game is undermining women. It's sexist.

Women are not as physically strong as men. Fact.

Mortal Kombat is a competition where people fight to the death(?), using both supernatural abilities and regular old fighting skills to do it. Fact.

Calling people sexist for applying reason and logic to a fictional world is a melodramatic, douchebag move. Fact. I'm allowed to have my preferences and so is anyone else. Let's keep political activism out of that, if nothing else.

Mortal Kombat is a competition where people fight to the death(?), using both supernatural abilities and regular old fighting skills to do it. Fact.

Calling people sexist for applying reason and logic to a fictional world is a melodramatic, douchebag move. Fact. I'm allowed to have my preferences and so is anyone else. Let's keep political activism out of that, if nothing else.

not being as physically strong doesn't mean you can't be a more skilled fighter.
following this logic any bodybuilder would win a fight against a kung fu fighter and we know this is not true

That's the problem with you people. As soon it gets a little real in here, you just turn your back at it.

1) There are women who are far stronger than most men. There are men who doesn't have an ounce of strength in them. Fact.
2) Exactly, it's a fantasy world. Which means it is only limited by the creators' fantasy. Fact.
3) And no, this is not fact. That's your opinion. You want reason, logic and reality in Mortal Kombat? Then open your eyes instead of just ignoring the world around you. It's not perfect. Women, people of colour, people of another sexuality etc are STILL undermined and underrepresented in media. FACT!

Yes, you are allowed to have your preferences, I freaking said that in my post above! But that doesn't mean that something NOT OF YOUR PREFERENCE should be alluded in the game! That's an incredibly selfish and ignorant mindset!

Catering to just one group of people, even if it is the majority, just tells that majority that it is alright to undermine the minorities. You don't want political activism in Mortal Kombat? You want the game to cater to your wants and needs, and not that of others'? Then you are part of the problem.

Here's the thing, the reason why men are physically stronger than us is because you guys have testosterone to thank as well as having denser bones, ligaments, and tendons. That is THE reason why you're stronger than women.

Everything else though, we're better than you whether you like it or not, it's for a fact, we're better than you. We have better IQs, we drive better, we even outlive you guys. We also give birth and have periods. You guys, I know for a fact, wouldn't be able to handle the pain no matter how much you joke about PMS.

But... I don't really understand why this is an issue to a video game that is mostly aimed at men. Majority of the employees at Netherrealm Studios are men, and they're creating and have been creating a game that is aimed more at men. They know that women play this game as well, but they're still making it more so aimed at the male audience. Do I give a damn that there's not that many females in the series? Not really, I don't play as a lot of the females anyways since majority of my favorites are the male characters. I have favorite females, but majority of them are hardly returnees. The only females I see that get all the love a lot are Mileena, Kitana, and Sonya. All the others, while they do have big fan bases, they're not as loud as these three character fan bases.

It's a fantasy game that has no logic behind it. I can freeze people in mid air and they stay there. I've said it before a bunch of times, when that stops happening, I'll take this series a bit more seriously. Until then, it's just fantasy. I don't care who is represented or how much respect females get here. I honestly don't care, in the end, it's a game. Politics should just feck off.

I've seen women take down men no problem. Sometimes it's a matter of strength (women can be hella strong), sometimes it's a matter of skill.

Your reasoning is rather sexist when you think about it.

Yet there are men who are stronger than every and any woman.

And that is reason enough to make it alright to undermine women? If that wasn't the point you're trying to make, then what is your point? Do you have one that is relevant, or are you just trying to jump on the chauvnistic bandwagon to act cool in front of your boyfriends?

*sigh*
I know I sound harsh and b#tchy towards you guys, but these things we are talking about here... they are real problems. And ignoring them won't make them go away. The world of video games are expanding all the time, but when I see people argue that "white males are the majority, so they should be the ones catered to", it makes my piss boil, because that mindset is taking steps BACK.

Some people are trying to jump that bandwagon just to look cool on the internet. But it doesn't make you look cool, guys... it just makes you look like bad people.

Last edited: