Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Mortal Kombat has top tier lore, but a horrible story. They have these amazing characters, great concepts and interesting world, but the writers have absolutely no idea what to do with them.

Hence, why i loathe all these retcons they push now. For people who just came to the party, that one or two sentences mean nothing, but for people that stuck with MK Lore for years, those two sentences of retcon is an insult to the time invested into the franchise. I mean shit. Again. They could have avoided all of this, if they just decided to reboot the universe completely. Star from scratch. Retell the story. Fine. But nah. Gotta rewind time back and now let's pretend that because Raiden received visions from the future, every character's origins that happened before Raiden's visions were also changed. Gods I hate post 2010 game industry.

Damn, I'm so fcking happy with all of the awesome work that they've done with Fujin.
In hindsight, I'm glad that he skipped MKX and was saved for this game.

I'm so damn giddy right now.

The only leak that sounds plausible (imo) is the 42 roster leak, because that was a data mine, but even then not all of the data mining is always accurate as Ash Williams and gear slots for Cyrax and Sektor have also shown.
Even then, if you count the 3 coming on May 26th that's what, another 8 characters behind Aftermath?
So, 2 more KPs of 4 characters, or a KP of 8 characters or another KP of 6 characters with another 2 to follow KP2?
What's the pattern here?
Doubt it.
After all of this whole thing with the virus, I'm not optimistic about getting more MK characters after this.
Yeah, it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Why does it say " Taven/Shinnok "?? Last time I checked they were 2 different characters. Did I miss something?

I have a feeling Shinnok will possess Taven. If true, I'm excited for Sareena's return. Also, I'd love to have Cetrion/Kronika be in one character too. ;)

Better yet, Jade/Cetrion/Kronika (Jade possessed and controlled by Cetrion and Kronika). ;)

OR

Someone like Li Mei, Tanya, Kira, OR Ashrah possessed by Kronika so we can have an excuse to have a playable version of Kronika!!! ;)

Last edited:
Why does it say " Taven/Shinnok "?? Last time I checked they were 2 different characters. Did I miss something?

In Armageddon Shinnok mention that he should have formed alliance with Taven instead of Deagen so this will propably be that kind of scenario. I bet Taven will be misguided by Shinnok just like he's done that in Konquest and became his guiding spirit like Damashi for Shujniko.

Tag-Team like Noob-Smoke? Nah, more like shadow dude who helps Noob in MK9/11.

Anyway, story on spolier looks so good if ti's true, MK11 is MKA reboot so it's kind of retarded not to have Taven and Daegon in it.

^ Seems new. Copyright 2020. Ironically it's the best redesign for all of the ninjas too.

I really like what they did with the Soul Chamber.
Spoiler:
ia16of08t7y41.jpg

The Dead Pool however looks like some sewer. :/

https://i.redd.it/trzd943hjqx41.jpg

New leak, KP3 is all about 3D era characters and another guest - Rambo.

That screams fake to me. Rambo in MK would be cool, but the movie hype for Rambo 5 is done and over with. I think we will probably get Takeda, Quan Chi, and Ash as our last three characters because they were mention in the 4chan leak and that leak got things correctly with Aftermath. I do want Havik, but I feel like his chances are done now until MK12. He is going to be the new Fujin when it comes to character request.

I do want Havik, but I feel like his chances are done now until MK12. He is going to be the new Fujin when it comes to character request.

He's BEEN the new Fujin when it comes to character requests ever since Fujin was data mined last year, at least in the MK reddit.

I have nothing personal against Mileena, but her absence has shown how loony and nasty certain fans of hers are. So for that particular group I don't feel bad for and when they rage I laugh.

I have nothing personal against Mileena, but her absence has shown how loony and nasty certain fans of hers are. So for that particular group I don't feel bad for and when they rage I laugh.

Agreed 100%.
I honestly don't give a shit whether she ever made it into MK11 or not, but her stans are absolute garbage.
Kano's is probably still my favorite, but Kollector's, Jax's and Noob's are also awesome. :rofl:
Probably 1 of the first things I'll be doing on May 26th after I play through story mode.