Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Don't want to quote any long post but it bugs the hell out of me that Skarlet went from being a homunculus to an orphan in the same timeline. Also while I like the relationship on a personal level. The Jade/Kotal romance does feels odd. Furthermore Cetrion's role in MK11 was an utter disappointment

Cetrion should've been the protagonist that will betray Kronika and defeat her instead!

Cetrion should've been the protagonist that will betray Kronika and defeat her instead!

When they stated that she was an Elder God, I thought she would've just taken Raiden's Deadly Alliance role where he decided to throwaway his Elder God status to help Earthrealm against the Deadly Alliance albeit she'd do this against Kronika. But nope, she was more of a jobber than Erron Black and the Kollector yet somehow defeated the Elder Gods. Always told Raiden and company to defeat, kill, or seal here brother in every single timeline but as soon as Raiden does it in MKX, she's like "oh no you killed my brother."

I truly wanted Cetrion to be a hero but being Kronika's lackey truly disappointed me and turned me off the character. I hope perhaps in a future MK game "who even knows what that's going to be about" Cetrion is given a much better role

Actually, Classic Sub-Zero had a Kuai Liang bio in MKT. Straight from the PS1 manual for MKT.

d8dbd48d513f4bb2fddaf19d7e52d694.jpg

The UMK3 ending of his is directly a Bi-Han ending, though.
"Having been killed in the first Tournament (aka Bi-Han)........."

The ONLY cryomancer killed in that first Tournament was Bi-Han by Hanzo.

Don't want to quote any long post but it bugs the hell out of me that Skarlet went from being a homunculus to an orphan in the same timeline. Also while I like the relationship on a personal level. The Jade/Kotal romance does feels odd. Furthermore Cetrion's role in MK11 was an utter disappointment

I know right? Her MK9 origin has so much potential. She was basically a Shadow Priest with Blood abilities. They could have made her into something as formidable as Conquest Shadow Priests.

No need to speak, no need to have ambitions. Just the fact that Shao Kahn has a personal assassin, that gets stronger with every kill would have been intimidating enough.

But again. Entire story just... wasted potential. Not only Cetrion, but Kronika as well. They had so much potential to actually subvert the expectations with reasonable logic.

If anything I was expecting Kronika to be the good guy and Dark Raiden go bat shit crazy.

At the beginning of the story, Kronika would seem like a villain. Using kinds of Shao Kahn, Kano and other assholes for her objective. Dark Raiden would say, that Kronika plans to wipe out entire existence, etc.

So they would fight Kronika forces. Elder Gods could even oppose that idea (something about imbalance). Dark Raiden then could use Medallion to attack Elder Gods (as it turns out they aren't as strong, as they seemed. I mean... how they got killed in MK11, make them looks weak as hell.) Cetrion could have survived and then warned the defenders. So they basically get split. Some agree with Raiden's actions as they lost stuff thanks to inaction of Elder Gods, while others would deem Raiden's actions too extreme. So you get 3 factions. Once they collide. Turns out Kronika wasn't trying to destroy or reset the time, but actually mend the time flow, as Raiden's actions caused unknown fracture in space and time. The reason she picked guys like Shao Kahn, is because for one she doesn't trust people who ally themselves with Raiden and secondly bad guys are motivated by the same goal. Erase Raiden.

That could have been the plot twist. And it could have lead to better endings as well. But again that's just my 2 cents. Overall it sucks that backstories are treated like nothing. You can't even get attached to characters anymore. As the next game, they might be something completely different.

It's a bit annoying that MK11 is forcing guests characters down people's throats again.
It's not a huge deal, but it still does suck that we'll have guest characters showing up in Towers regardless of buying them or not.
Proof of that is Shang Tsung as I don't have the KP, yet he still shows up in the Klassic and ToT Towers.

It's a bit annoying that MK11 is forcing guests characters down people's throats again.
It's not a huge deal, but it still does suck that we'll have guest characters showing up in Towers regardless of buying them or not.
Proof of that is Shang Tsung as I don't have the KP, yet he still shows up in the Klassic and ToT Towers.

Shang is an MK character though... maybe they show up but guests won't?

The good thing about guest is that you can always kill them in matches if you don't own them :laugh:

They shouldn't be in if I didn't purchase them, imo, like in MKX.
Punching bag or not, I don't care to have guests shoved down my throat, and that was my big complaint about Kratos in the PS3 version of MK9.

Shang is an MK character though... maybe they show up but guests won't?

Not likely.
If they do that with 1 character, they'll do that for the other 5 DLC characters, which is where my rant lies in.
I don't mind any un-purchased MK characters showing up, but I don't care to have Ash, Terminator or Spawn showing up in Klassic Towers when I don't care to have guests in at all.

They shouldn't be in if I didn't purchase them, imo, like in MKX.
Punching bag or not, I don't care to have guests shoved down my throat, and that was my big complaint about Kratos in the PS3 version of MK9.

Not likely.
If they do that with 1 character, they'll do that for the other 5 DLC characters, which is where my rant lies in.
I don't mind any un-purchased MK characters showing up, but I don't care to have Ash, Terminator or Spawn showing up in Klassic Towers when I don't care to have guests in at all.

Oh they will show up in the Tower Of Time because that's Netherealm's way of trying to get you to buy the character by seeing them in action and fighting them

Oh they will show up in the Tower Of Time because that's Netherealm's way of trying to get you to buy the character by seeing them in action and fighting them

I wasn't talking about ToT, though.
Un-purchased guests will show up in Klassic Towers (as Shang has), which is where my issue lies.

I'm pretty hyped for Nightwolf I felt he got kinda shafted in MK9. I hope NRS give him a interesting moveset and give me a reason to start playing again.

I'd have rather seen Cetrion as the main villain instead of Kronika. That's just me, though.

Well, it can go by having Kronika still be the keeper of time and is in the good side. Then somehow, Cetrion is power hungry (like Frost) and kills Kronika to take her place. That's how I can see Cetrion being the main villain. Otherwise, Cetrion should be the protagonist.

Well, it can go by having Kronika still be the keeper of time and is in the good side. Then somehow, Cetrion is power hungry (like Frost) and kills Kronika to take her place. That's how I can see Cetrion being the main villain. Otherwise, Cetrion should be the protagonist.

Well, some elder gods can be treacherous. I just hope she's in any future Mortal Kombat games as well.

I'd have rather seen Dark Raiden be the anti-hero/protagonist than what we actually got. I love Mortal Kombat 11, but the story was underwhelming to me.

Looks like Sindel could also be next.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1148235197621657600

As much as I don't care for guests, an end of September / October / Halloween release for Ash Williams or Spawn makes tons of sense, and there's a new Terminator movie coming out in November, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they timed it so that a T-800 / Arnold DLC is released around November, as well.