Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Really impressed with the stages so far and it's nice to see that we will get more than we did in MKX, that game felt like we were lacking stages big time.. not to mention stage fatalities.

A List Of Confirmed Characters so far

Raiden
Cassie
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Sonya
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Skarlet
Geras
Kabal
Baraka
Kronika
Shao Kahn

Strongly hinted and all but confirmed

Rain
Jade
Noob Saibot
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung?

If I've missed anyone out please chime in :)

Characters I'm hoping to see that haven't been confirmed or strongly hinted

Fujin!!
Reptile
Tanya
Reiko
Ashrah
Sindel
Motaro (Unplayable sub boss with 4 legs)

Would've wanted Sareena but she'd look way too much like Skarlet now (I'm strangely ok with this though lol)

zlyyQMw.jpg

cdjdrvpg73b21.png

I'm really loving the new Gameplay mechanics and their overall Philosophy Gameplay-wise, what really killed MKX for me was how oppressive the game was in terms of offense. It's nice to hear that their focusing more on making more Neutral Heavy vs 50/50ing people to death, and Dash Canceling is back that's huge and hopefully it plays a role in execution.

The new defensive Mechanics are awesome, but one that really caught my attention was the Flawless Block. I can't wait to see how the Meta develops around it and to see how it influences each Match up in the future. Overall this made me more excited for what's in store in April.

TL:DR version. Art design and gameplay wise, it isn't what I expected. Like at all. I could go as far and say it is 180 from what I expected. But that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean game is bad. I guess I just have these unusual tastes.

Perfectly acceptable, and well written answer. I certainly see where you're coming from. Maybe the word is atmosphere? MK has lost that atmosphere that made it so enduring. It was strong in games like MK2, Deception...even MK9 to a degree. But it was missing, or diminished in MKX, so I think I understand what you mean.

Maybe as more is revealed, that'll change though. :)

You guys forgot that every time MK9 and MKX was shown the character selection slots increased? Let's not get hung up on the slots

No. MKX had the same amount of slots since the first time they showed the character selection screen.
I don't remember MK9 though.

You guys forgot that every time MK9 and MKX was shown the character selection slots increased? Let's not get hung up on the slots

MkX and Injustice 2 both had the same amount of character slots up to the reveal.

Although the layout certainly could have secret characters, could have 1 slot on the top

Yeah, and another 4 of those 8-10 will probably be guests again, like in MKX.

We know the Season Pass has 6 fighters. I'm going to bet that it will be 3 MK fighters and 3 guest fighters to make it even. If we get a second pass, it will probably be the same. That it will make it 12 DLC characters in total (6 MK fighters and 6 guest fighters).

Who's left?

The characters that people will burn down / make threats at NRS if they're not in:

- Reptile (because he hasn't missed a game)
- Kitana (according to the main menu)
- Kung Lao (because of course)
- Noob Saibot (people complained about him not being in MKX)
- Rain (supposedly according to the main menu)
- Johnny Cage (useless, imo, but OG7 so he'll likely have a spot even if he's a story filler)
- Kano (same as Johnny)
- Shang Tsung is also rumored

We're up to 19, so far, and I haven't even touched upon the other 7 MKX characters......

Precisely, and this is the exact reason why I didn't want that many klassic characters (including Sonya) yet again.
Fujin getting f'ed over, yet again, unless NRS is trolling / an old demo and it's a bigger roster.

I don't agree with all of your tastes, but I do agree with your logic. I think the vast majority of those characters are shoe-ins.

I think you're also missing Mileena, Jax, and Kenshi from the pre-MKX era. Mileena and Jax have only missed being playable in one core game since they were introduced in MK2. Jacqui wasn't nearly popular enough to replace Jax for a game, IMO. I give them all between 95% and 99%.

Ermac seems pretty damn likely, but less than those 3. He's only missed one game as well. But he's a jobber so I could see him taking one for the team or being relegated to DLC. I think 80% he makes the cut in some form or another. Smoke maybe 60%.

Fujin is the biggest mystery and wildcard. It should be the most obvious inclusion of all time, as Raiden abdicates his responsibilities as protector of Earthrealm, there's no one better poised to step in than Fujin. And he is constantly requested. But past experience tells us that NRS really doesn't like the idea of making Fujin a playable character. So, I dunno. I still give it 50/50.

Last edited:
We know the Season Pass has 6 fighters. I'm going to bet that it will be 3 MK fighters and 3 guest fighters to make it even. If we get a second pass, it will probably be the same. That it will make it 12 DLC characters in total (6 MK fighters and 6 guest fighters).

2 DLC guests more than MKX, which is a guess that I also made a bunch of pages back.

Also, more guests means less MK characters.
So, if 25 is the final main roster as seen on the stream, then 6 more DLC would make it a total of 31 characters.
People were begging for Noob Saibot, Rain, Sindel and Jade, and characters that are likely to be playable like Kabal, Liu Kang, Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao and the rumored Shang Tsung brings the total tally to 20 (including today’s 11 characters, including Cassie).
20 out of 25 characters.
Other MKX characters have yet to be confirmed for those remaining 5 slots.
Where does that leave space for other post-MK3 characters like Fujin?

I don't agree with all of your tastes, but I do agree with your logic. I think the vast majority of those characters are shoe-ins.

Since when did I ever imply that that was my “taste” or characters that I wanted in MK11.
No, that’s just who I think WILL be in.

I feel like Fujin, Reiko and Frost has a good chance to be on the main roster because a lot of people wanted them in MKX. I have a feeling that Havik will probably be DLC.

I think you guys, will definitely gonna get Fujin. If Skarlet made it, and holy crap she didn't have as NEARLY as many requests as Fujin, then
not including the Wind God who has been bombarding NRS public pages since MK9, would be such weak move on NRS part. It wouldn't makse sense with business model too. Supply and Demand. People are hungry for him. That means they are willing to cash in. If anything I think WB will pull greed card and put Fujin as DLC.

I feel like Fujin, Reiko and Frost has a good chance to be on the main roster because a lot of people wanted them in MKX. I have a feeling that Havik will probably be DLC.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Frost... Yeah. Seeing the customization options and Sub-Zero just reminded me of how how little chance for Frost is to be even mentioned again. At this point I think it is safe to assume, that Frost AT best will be just mentioned or shown once again somewhere in the background.