Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

10/10 Was impressed beyond words.

The fatalities are already better than X and 2011.

Nobody played with Sub Zero smh

Skarlet looked the best out of everybody.

This looks NOTHING like Injustice 2

Why in the hell did see so many different colored Scorpions?

I'll legitimately cry if Reptile isnt in this game.

The question is how could a younger version of Sonya say “Kitana, Empress of the dead.” directated at Kitana? The only people who know about Kitana being the Empress of hell other than Raiden is current Sonya, Johnny and Cassie.

My money is on that could’ve been Cassie.

If it's not Cassie which I doubt it isn't then fine life goes on and I'm sure she'll be confirmed or deconfirmed in no time. It definitely doesn't sound like Ronda though and I can't imagine the Neatherealm team hiring someone else to voice a "young" Sonya. Also as it has happened to other characters already. "Cassie's" voice actress could had simply been changed hence her voice sounding older

That's what I was thinking, as well.
Doesn't sound the same as Sonya and likely is Cassie.
I'm hoping that Takeda, Jacqui, Cassie and Kung Jin all come back.

The question is how could a younger version of Sonya say “Kitana, Empress of the dead.” directated at Kitana? The only people who know about Kitana being the Empress of hell other than Raiden is current Sonya, Johnny and Cassie.

My money is on that could’ve been Cassie.

Also true.

Lol @ all the optimists who convinced themselves that Cassie was Sonya. If you didn't figure it out from the different face, different voice, modern short hairstyle, and her having the same armor she has as her default in MKX...

DxJEyMNXgAAyj8O.jpg:large

Her dog tags say "Cassie" and "CAGE."

Thanks p.W for blowing up the picture and circling the military dog which says “Cassie” on it. This further proves Cassie being in the game.

But seriously: how could someone not expect Cassie in the game?

She's Earthrealm's Champion like her father before her, Liu Kang, Great Kung Lao, etc.

Thanks p.W for blowing up the picture and circling the military dog which says “Cassie” on it. This further proves Cassie being in the game.

I can't take credit for the pic, I found it on TYM! :( But I'm happy to share. :)

So with this roster confirmed?? And on top of Kabal, Jade and Rain also confirmed?? There is 10 slots left.84799db.jpg

Last edited:
It’s not just about Cassie’s role in MKX. The fact that Cassie’s gameplay had a major positive feed back from tournament players and fans of MK alone should grant her a spot on MK11. Cassie was close to the top 5 in terms of most played characters in MKX judging the online stats.

Lol @ all the optimists who convinced themselves that Cassie was Sonya. If you didn't figure it out from the different face, different voice, modern short hairstyle, and her having the same armor she has as her default in MKX...

DxJEyMNXgAAyj8O.jpg:large

Her dog tags say "Cassie" and "CAGE."

Can't give thanks at the moment, but glad that Cassie is officially confirmed.

So with this roster confirmed?? And on top of Kabal, Jade and Rain also confirmed?? There is 10 slots left.

Jade confirmed?
When?

Kinda dissapointed with the trailer, in MKX we got Master Blaster, Insect Woman and Mayan god. Now its the same characters I seen before

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I know this proves not much, but Geras bleeds in blue.

I mean...Shinnok bleeds in red. I wonder if we are really dealing with another kind of entity about Geras and Kronika.

If Kronika is the architect of the universe and the one who protects fate, I sincerely can't exclude her relation with One Being stuff.

Once again, Shinnok didn't seem very happy. Despite, you know, his current state.

Okay, so realistically who can we expect for the final spots?

Noob I'd say is near guaranteed. Fujin is likely. Maybe 2 more Kombat Kids. At least 2 more Outworlders, maybe Kotal and D'Vorah, hopefully Reptile. Erron Black was one of MKX's most popular characters, he's probably in. Then maybe one new character, probably another Black Dragon since they have their own stage.

Also while we currently have Sonya and Cassie as Earthrealm warriors outside of Sub Zero, Liu, and Kung Lao. We do not know if Cassie and Sonya are all we're getting for Special Forces. While I do hope it happens just because Cassie and Sonya are playable characters. That alone doesn't confirm Johnny, Jacqui, Jax, Takeda, or Kung Jin. I also feel due to the limited slots the Ed and team are probably going to limit the amount of Earthrealm characters in particular SF related characters. I can see them adding Jax, but it will probably end there allowing room for other important characters like Kotal Kahn, Reptile, Erron Black, Li Mei, Jade, Havik, and Reiko. MK11 is a story going through various timeline so it can't just have characters that appeared through MK 1-3 and X. It has to acknowledge characters in Deadly Alliance and Deceptions in some shape form or fashion. Therefore I strongly believe will will at least get three of the new characters introduced in DA and 2 from Deception.

A LIst Of Confirmed Characters
Raiden
Cassie
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Sonya
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Skarlet
Geras
Kabal
Baraka
Kronika
Shao Kahn

Characters I strongly Believe Will Make The Cut
Reptile
Jade
Reiko
Sareena
Li Mei
Shang Tsung
Kenshi
Hotaru or Ashrah (I feel one of them needs to be in the game)
Noob Saibot

Also while not on the list I do believe we will get Kano's son as a character. Especially since in one of the stages Kano himself is a background character

Kinda dissapointed with the trailer, in MKX we got Master Blaster, Insect Woman and Mayan god. Now its the same characters I seen before

Yeah, agreed.
With exception to Geras and Kronika, it felt like I was watching an MK9 / Trilogy trailer.
Underwhelming in that aspect, but I'm at least hoping that Geras is playable in the Closed Beta in march.

Okay, so realistically who can we expect for the final spots?

Noob I'd say is near guaranteed. Fujin is likely. Maybe 2 more Kombat Kids. At least 2 more Outworlders, maybe Kotal and D'Vorah, hopefully Reptile. Erron Black was one of MKX's most popular characters, he's probably in. Then maybe one new character, probably another Black Dragon since they have their own stage.

I'm not so optimistic about Fujin being on the MK11 roster, at this point, given that 10 spots are already accounted for (11 if you count Cassie).

Who's left?

The characters that people will burn down / make threats at NRS if they're not in:

- Reptile (because he hasn't missed a game)
- Kitana (according to the main menu)
- Kung Lao (because of course)
- Noob Saibot (people complained about him not being in MKX)
- Rain (supposedly according to the main menu)
- Johnny Cage (useless, imo, but OG7 so he'll likely have a spot even if he's a story filler)
- Kano (same as Johnny)
- Shang Tsung is also rumored

We're up to 19, so far, and I haven't even touched upon the other 7 MKX characters......

With both Kitana AND Kung Lao again in the game, there is little chance for Fujin.

Precisely, and this is the exact reason why I didn't want that many klassic characters (including Sonya) yet again.
Fujin getting f'ed over, yet again, unless NRS is trolling / an old demo and it's a bigger roster.

If cassie is in, the other kids are in as well.

I'm sure Jax isn't in this, Geras has some of his moves and kinda looks like a mixture of Jax and Tremor. Two characters which are probably not in.

With both Kitana AND Kung Lao again in the game, there is little chance for Fujin.

While know you don't like the "Kombat Kids" Just because Cassie made doesn't guarantee the others. So while I would love for Jacqui and Takeda if not all four of them to return. Space does seem rather limited at the moment and Neatherealm has to make room for other important characters. So even though it works against my desires perhaps theirs a chance that Cassie and Sonya maybe the only Special Force related characters playable in MK11