MK Trilogy: Glitch?

last christmas i recieved trilogy for playstation 1 as a greatest hit because it is DOPENESS! ...anyway, whenever i beat the game, let the continue clock run all the way down, or win in 8 player kombat, the game freezes. it still says "you win, shao kahn is no more" and all that, but then just goes into a black screen, and plays a ticking like music that IS on the MK trilogy playback when put into a PS2. Are all MK tril. PS1 games like this, or is mine just messed up?

BlackWarrior

AKA mdt21

Are you playing it on a PS2? Because, that's what happens to me whenever I play it on the PS2. If not, well... then, that's just what happens, I guess.

Yeah, I do play it on PS2... i guess its just a crappy game...but i really wanted to see the endings...and not on my comp.

I had the same problem too, but I've heard from others on this site that if you play it on a PS1 (if you still have one) you won't have that problem.
(Though theoretically there shouldn't have been a problem anyway...)

i never put my PS1 games in my PS2, all because it either says "disc read error" or just puts up the icon to play music. MK Trilogy(to me) gives the true MK feeling when you play it on PS1.

omg me tooooo. but i don't even get to the part where it says shoa kahn is defeated, as soon as i win the last round the screen turns black and it stays like that forever (i play it on ps2). But i never had any problems with my N64 version :wink:

DAVE101 said:
omg me tooooo. but i don't even get to the part where it says shoa kahn is defeated, as soon as i win the last round the screen turns black and it stays like that forever (i play it on ps2). But i never had any problems with my N64 version :wink:

That's because you are running it on an N64, lol, not a later console that didn't have 100% backwards compatibility. The problem then is you have to put up with how bad the N64 version is...

DreemerNJ said:
DAVE101 said:

That's because you are running it on an N64, lol, not a later console that didn't have 100% backwards compatibility. The problem then is you have to put up with how bad the N64 version is...
WTF are you talking about? I said my N64 version works fine.

The n64 version was better because no long loading time or freezing up. Execpt the n64 version had no backard compability at all with any console.

DAVE101 said:

He's basically saying that the N64 version sucks, whether its working correctly or not. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
DAVE101 said:

He's basically saying that the N64 version sucks, whether its working correctly or not. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Thanks for clearing that up for him Deatchcore. That is what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

All different versions had their peaks and valleys. While the N64 had no loading and a sharper AI, the sound was horrifying and there was less characters. The PC/PSX/Saturn version had more characters, but the loading was pretty bad and the AI was rough.

Shinnokxz said:
All different versions had their peaks and valleys. While the N64 had no loading and a sharper AI, the sound was horrifying and there was less characters. The PC/PSX/Saturn version had more characters, but the loading was pretty bad and the AI was rough.

In the PSX version at least you could make the select screen simple and turn off the versus screen to cut down a ton of the load time. And there really wasn't any load time for the PC version if you moved the files to your HD to run it.

The PC version was very cool in many ways, its just a shame that apparently they never released a version equal in gameplay quality to greatest hits PSX version. Its really close, but the gravity is off enough to allow for much more broken comboing. But, it also had IPX based netplay which you can play across the internet with GIT, an IPX->TCP/IP utility. Just install GIT on your comp and your friends (its tiny and free), setup up the connection, then one side create a game and the other side connect.

MKT for PC seems to really be the second best version of the game in terms of gameplay quality. Its just behind Greatest Hits MKT for PSX, then Saturn, then N64.

Same here, i play it on the ps2 and it freezes,it sucks but who cares,its old school and it brings back memories.

I hate it when you choose the last icon for the supreme demonstration. It loads every time there's a new fatality coming up. I get bored after the first few...