Metal vs Nu metal

You'll have your chance man. They certainly don't disappoint! And yes all of their albums are great. Very consistent band in that regard. Killing With A Smile is the album that got me into them. I need to buy that DVD sometime.

The DVD is a must! I bought it day 1 and I have watched the "live" portion of the album a large number of times. The documentary is very eye opening if you're like me and would like to be in a full time touring band too.
The shit they went through is not abnormal at all and I have mad respect for them for actually talking about it.

The DVD is a must! I bought it day 1 and I have watched the "live" portion of the album a large number of times. The documentary is very eye opening if you're like me and would like to be in a full time touring band too.
The shit they went through is not abnormal at all and I have mad respect for them for actually talking about it.

I love how they open with Boneyards! It gets my blood pumping EVERY SINGLE TIME! But yeah the actually documentary was not bad at all. They most certainly had to work for where they are today.

I love how they open with Boneyards! It gets my blood pumping EVERY SINGLE TIME! But yeah the actually documentary was not bad at all. They most certainly had to work for where they are today.

Even before I watched that I knew I'd be in deep shit no matter what path I chose for working with music.
I chose the one that meant the most to me. I chose to stay true and make music and now all my friends and I have it started, we've all got jobs lined up to help us pay for it and we are going on tour as soon as I get home.
I wish kids would see the kind of financial hurting bands take and would just buy the albums of underground bands. The big name ones (i.e. Mastodon, Metallica, etc) don't really need the money but you should still support them. I do my best as a broke white boy to buy CDs when ever I can or atleast digital copies from iTunes.

Even before I watched that I knew I'd be in deep shit no matter what path I chose for working with music.
I chose the one that meant the most to me. I chose to stay true and make music and now all my friends and I have it started, we've all got jobs lined up to help us pay for it and we are going on tour as soon as I get home.
I wish kids would see the kind of financial hurting bands take and would just buy the albums of underground bands. The big name ones (i.e. Mastodon, Metallica, etc) don't really need the money but you should still support them. I do my best as a broke white boy to buy CDs when ever I can or atleast digital copies from iTunes.

I do my fair share of downloading but if the band deserves it I always go out of my way to buy the cd eventually or some merch.

I own farrrr too much band merch haha.
I only buy it from the band while they are on tour or from their merch store as that's the only way they get paid, sadly.

Only zipped through the first few pages, but still gonna try and throw in a few cents. Nu Metal has to be just another subgenre of metal, which in itself is a younger, inexperienced sibling of good ol' rock&roll. So it can't be easy comparing it to such a broad scope of styles and influences. Might as well be flattering it (Nu) with it. Regarding Nu itself, I feel that its general production value and the fact it harbored the phrase "metal" into commercial waters are its two stand out points. The second point not being as positive as one might expect. So yeah, I'd go with the other option here.

But I am a bit oldfashioned in all this, as I've been drifting between metal&rock for prolly a decade and a half now. Just never felt interested enough to dig past the first few Nu metal bands that entered the scene. But, as always, to each his own. :top:

Musicians have it rough but it's got to be a blast either way. Any of you guys into Hester Prynne?

Hester Prynne! They ****in destroy dude.
I've been listening to an obscene amount of Suffokate and Last House on the Left today but now I have the urge to listen to them.

Id have to say Metal all the way.... i could never really get into nu-metal no matter how much i tried listening to it, for some reason its not "heavy" enough for me.
For me bands like Obituary, Slayer, and Lamb of God became instant favorites and even some dethcore band like Years Spent Cold and Suicide Silence (even meet the guitar players brother and partyed with them in the VIP)

I prefer crossover personally. I love a mixture of punk and metal. Cause what it means is that you get the angst and rebellion and aggression of punk rock mixed with the volume, brutality, and heaviness of metal!

Long live Crossover!

Is this really a thread? Come on ****in Nu-Metal doesnt even exist anymore. The only good thing out of that era was slipknot mudvayne Incubus Deftones SOAD and american headcharge. Listen to AcidBath Polkadot Cadaver Dog Fashion Disco Suicide Silence ADTR The devil wears prada devil driver and bleeding through. Thats Metal

Meeeaaahhh.... Not really digging the whole chug chug chug breakdown chug breakdown chug breakdown style. Parkway was alright but they followed the same structure over and over. Same with For the Fallen Dreams... deathcore is eahhh too. Nu-metal was a bad experiment to begin with. Perhaps Mudvayne's End of All Things to Come was the best thing to come out of it.

I'm really digging Job For a Cowboy. They have some odd stuff going on. Lamb of God's last album was pretty sick too.

Is this really a thread? Come on ****in Nu-Metal doesnt even exist anymore. The only good thing out of that era was slipknot mudvayne Incubus Deftones SOAD and american headcharge. Listen to AcidBath Polkadot Cadaver Dog Fashion Disco Suicide Silence ADTR The devil wears prada devil driver and bleeding through. Thats Metal

ADTR is most certainly not metal my friend...

Actually , BEHEMOTH, Cannibal Corpse, Hammerfall, Finntroll, Gorgoroth, Bloodgasm, High On Fire, Suffocation, Six Feet Under, Necrophagist.... that's metal! The bands you listed are just wannabe poseurs.