Metal vs Nu metal

Hahahaha White Metal is Christian Metal!
oh.. I'm sorry about that
Is this really a thread? Come on ****in Nu-Metal doesnt even exist anymore. The only good thing out of that era was slipknot mudvayne Incubus Deftones SOAD and american headcharge. Listen to AcidBath Polkadot Cadaver Dog Fashion Disco Suicide Silence ADTR The devil wears prada devil driver and bleeding through. Thats Metal

Actually , BEHEMOTH, Cannibal Corpse, Hammerfall, Finntroll, Gorgoroth, Bloodgasm, High On Fire, Suffocation, Six Feet Under, Necrophagist.... that's metal! The bands you listed are just wannabe poseurs.

Gorgoroth, High on Fire, and Acid Bath are the only good bands listed here

Is this really a thread? Come on ****in Nu-Metal doesnt even exist anymore. The only good thing out of that era was slipknot mudvayne Incubus Deftones SOAD and american headcharge.

Agreed. I think this thread has run its course. Its just delving off into other genres and is not really pertaining to the question at hand. I think we should all just stick to Jade's Metal Thread and continue our discussions there imo.

Listen to AcidBath Polkadot Cadaver Dog Fashion Disco Suicide Silence ADTR The devil wears prada devil driver and bleeding through. Thats Metal

Thats highly debatable.

I wouldn't call it death metal at all. Not metalcore either . More like disorganized music put to two out of tune wannabe metal metal vocalists with serious musical direction malfunctions.. but the drummer is pretty good, sorry to sound harsh... I just don't like them

Lol it's all good! I'm limited to Metal Bands for the fact that i try and find Christian ones :/ Not that many Christian Metal Bands out there.

Quite a few actually!
Conducting from the Grave, Sea of Treachery, Abigail Williams, The Faceless, Killwhitneydead., Molotov Solution, and quite a few more.

First time I've seen The Faceless called Deathcore, I can't see many similarities. Sounds like Tech Death to me

Maatthew said:
Anyone listen to progressive/techical death metal bands like The Faceless, Cynic or Meshuggah?

Yes and thank you for calling Meshuggah tech death, people come up with some crazy labels for them. I like to keep it simple. Can't say I listen to a whole lot of Cynic, but Atheist definitely. Also really into bands like Origin, Psycroptic and Nile. Also a lot of the newer bands in this (hilarious onomatopoeia) "djent" genre. Animals as Leaders in particular I find pretty amazing.

First time I've seen The Faceless called Deathcore, I can't see many similarities. Sounds like Tech Death to me

Yes and thank you for calling Meshuggah tech death, people come up with some crazy labels for them. I like to keep it simple. Can't say I listen to a whole lot of Cynic, but Atheist definitely. Also really into bands like Origin, Psycroptic and Nile. Also a lot of the newer bands in this (hilarious onomatopoeia) "djent" genre. Animals as Leaders in particular I find pretty amazing.

Meshuggah! How can anyone forget. Anyone like Vader, God Dethroned, Cattle Decap?

Christian Metal is an oxymoron. I hate to say it but you do have to broaden your horizon. Stop limiting yourself, you're only missing out on actual awesome metal. Good luck

There's plenty of Christian Metal. Extol, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, a few. But most Christian "metal" bands are actually metalcore. As for the original guy who said he likes Christian Metal, you should open your mind to any kind of metal because most of these Christian bands are avid fans of and influenced by "evil" metal bands like Slayer and Venom. There's no ideological beef between bands either so why limit yourself when bands from all spectrums of belief get together and play? For instance, As I Lay Dying and Behemoth playing in the same festival... then they sat and chilled. And Behemoth is all about the Crowley/Thelema "do as thou wilt" and Satanic themes. Tom Araya of Slayer once said that his faith (Catholic) is strong enough that his being in Slayer had no effect on his religiosity. A lot of the times too, the imagery of a band leads us to giving up some decent musicianship/lyricism. For instance, Dimmu Borgir are big on "evil" imagery but if you pay attention to their songs, you've pretty much just read a good deal of Hitchens and Dawkins.

There's plenty of Christian Metal. Extol, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, a few. But most Christian "metal" bands are actually metalcore. As for the original guy who said he likes Christian Metal, you should open your mind to any kind of metal because most of these Christian bands are avid fans of and influenced by "evil" metal bands like Slayer and Venom. There's no ideological beef between bands either so why limit yourself when bands from all spectrums of belief get together and play? For instance, As I Lay Dying and Behemoth playing in the same festival... then they sat and chilled. And Behemoth is all about the Crowley/Thelema "do as thou wilt" and Satanic themes. Tom Araya of Slayer once said that his faith (Catholic) is strong enough that his being in Slayer had no effect on his religiosity. A lot of the times too, the imagery of a band leads us to giving up some decent musicianship/lyricism. For instance, Dimmu Borgir are big on "evil" imagery but if you pay attention to their songs, you've pretty much just read a good deal of Hitchens and Dawkins.

I Never once said that I limit myself. I've heard those Christian metal bands. But without metal being about death, hate, or evil I lose interest. Just like I prefer punk rock about anarchy and rebellion... not girls and high school. I never limited myself.. most Christian metal is just garbage IMHO.

Great minds think alike, I thoroughly enjoy these bands!