Metal Gear Solid

Huh. That's strange. Maybe Kojima realized that they screwed something up in PO for further games.

He wasn't directly involved with the game, he only acted as a producer. Portable Ops is probably the shittiest MGS game to be honest. Very bland, boring story and maps. The gameplay was god-awful. The controls make it almost unplayable. Peace Walker is a MUCH better example of what the PSP could do.

Oh, I don't have a problem with the characters, but gameplay wise, like DCP said, it's basically unplayable.

But I really didn't care for Gray Fox in it. That's what really turned me off about it.

I've seen a longplay of it. It looks so dull and boring, that I stopped halfway through it.

The only character I had a problem with in PO was Elisa, I swear I could not stand her through out the whole game

Spoiler:
But at least Gene killed her.

Portable Ops and Peace Walker can't exist in the same universe/timeline. There are far too many inconsistencies created by Portable Ops. It's by no means a bad game, just not a very good Metal Gear Solid game. Peace Walker being the sequel to MGS3 makes things transition much smoother and actually makes sense.

Also, I thought most of the cast in PO was forgettable. They completely destroyed Gray Fox with that "Null" bullshit.

I know that Hideo Kojima said that he would never remake MG and MG 2: Solid Snake, but my dream Metal Gear Solid game would be as follows:

Half the game could be played as Big Boss forming Outer Heaven in Africa (as it originally was) and the second half could be played as Solid Snake.
Snake's part can take place 8 - 10 years after Big Boss' part, just the same way that the Big Shell Incident in MGS 2 took place 2 years after the Tanker.
In the 2nd part of the game, Solid Snake could infiltrate Outer Heaven, have the infamous "fight against Frank Jaeger in the minefield," destroy Metal Gear D and take Big Boss down.
The end scene could include Frank Jaeger recovering in the hospital from the minefiled fight, being fitted with the cybernetic ninja suit, escaping and slicing people up on his way out.
It would lead right up to MGS 1.
Roll credits.

End credits blackout cut-scene (audio only) = Liquid Snake speaking to Revolver Ocelot about taking over Shadow Moses. ;)

MGS3 HD is just beyond fantastic. I haven't seen better graphic revisions in a HD remake, EVER. Everything looks so much smoother, to complement a fantastic game that I missed playing.

Even though I suck, because I'm impatient.

MGS3 HD is just beyond fantastic. I haven't seen better graphic revisions in a HD remake, EVER. Everything looks so much smoother, to complement a fantastic game that I missed playing.

Even though I suck, because I'm impatient.

YES. The textures look soooo smooth.

I've been playing the MGS HD Collection a lot more recently; I bought it a while back but now that I have its really fun. MGS is one of my favorite franchises, and I really wanted to play MGS3 and PW so it was pretty much a must have. I beat MGS3 and I think it was my favorite, but now that I'm playing PW, I think that one's my favorite so far. I like the comic bookish presentation and its different pace compared to the other MG games.

I really hope that Ground Zeroes has some elements of PW, like recruiting soldiers and weapon/item development. Its my favorite part of PW so far.

Finally decided to release a teaser for my upcoming speedruns. I've been doing trial runs for MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 for a about a year now and I finally feel confident enough to take on this challenge. If I break the speedrun records for any of these games, I will be the first American EVER to have their name recognized on any MGS speedrun list.

I think you can do it. You've been tearing up MGS. My record for MGS1 on Very Hard is 1 hour and 58 minutes.

Thanks, man. I honestly can't say what my fastest clear on Extreme is when it comes to MGS1. It is by far my weakest game out of the series. Not to mention the speedrunners on that game do in game glitches and shit that I don't have the time to figure out. Just recently they discovered a way to skip 6 out of the 7 main bosses using a glitch. And since in game glitches are legal in speedrunning, it is now the fastest way to beat the game.

Whaaat? I never used the glitches. That shit isn't cool.

MGS1 is my strongest game to beat in speedruns out of any game I've played. RE2 and RE3 still take me about 2 and a half - 3 hours to beat.