Martial Arts Thread

Good luck my friend, I am sure you'll manage :top: . It seems to me a bit too early for your master to teach you Poomse Taegeuk Il Jang. It is tought to yellow belts normaly. But hey if you learn it now, you won't have to learn it later ;).

TKD is my passion since 95'. I also practise Okinawan Kobudo since 2002. From all weapons, the Sais are my favorite (nothing to do with Mileena :p ).

Not learning from my master haha, but from his protege student. My master usually tells me to sit down while the others do it , but I wanted to learn it so he usually sends me away from the group to his student to help me learn it. Pretty hard I must say, but I am ready to learn a martial art and I got a long road ahead of me I'll tell ya that lol.

I've taken martial art as a kid growing up back when I was living in Brazil and some when I was moved to the States. But I'm not currently taking anything up now.

Been practising martial arts since the age of 10 and have mastered Shaolin Chuan, Jeet Kune Do, Chow Lay Fut, Karate (Shotokan) Northern and Southern Animal Forms and weaponary. Currently just started learning Muay Thai and Ninjutsu, specifically Tai jutsu.

Capoeira has always fascinated and intrigued me. Sadly there are no instructors where I stay. Im guessing a session of capoeira would provide for excellent cardio training as well. All capoeira enthusiasts and pratitioners please enlighten me! I wish to learn more about this wonderful art!!

Well like I said in Brazil learning Capoeira is pretty much a standard. Usually learned as a kid growing up. And yes it is good to have good flexibility and agility. It's fun demonstrated and watching it being done.

A good advantage when using Capoeira is the unpredictableness of where and which attack will that user be doing, plus it's disorient some opponents' fighting rhytmn.

Cool growing up in Brazil I learned a bit of capeira(kind of a standard), Val Tudo and muay thai. Fun discipline.

You do capeira??? Capeira always interest me because to me it seems like Capeira fighters just go with the flow and that they dont really need a stance or a fighting position.

Actually Capoeira has a stance and a fighting position. People sometimes confuse it for a dance since stuff like break dancing is actually influenced by it.

Oh I see that's interesting. I kinda figured break dancing was a big influence. Are there different types of Capoeira???

Hmmm I see.... Capoeira is so different then Tang soo do and Hapkido
Yup, I read somewhere that Capoeira used to be much different than what it is today and was more direct attacks and reduced motions. It was later banned by the Govt but the practioners continued practising it putting in more motions so that it seems like a dance and hiding the true art and gradually thats how it evolved I think. Pls correct me if Im wrong. :)

I used to do Karate, I reached green* belt but then I left it, I always get bored of everything I have commitment issues.

(white, cyan, yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black)