marcus fenix may be coming to the relm of mortal kombat

The only pure versions of the games? LOL
TO YOU!
Noob Saibot and Skarlet shouldn't be in MK9 either, if you want to get all technical.

Those 2 were never in the arcades.
Noob Saibot was playable in UMK 3 on Sega Genesis, as was Rain, so your point is null and void.

Noob Saibot was in the first MK game (and was playable too). The only people who dispute this FACT are those who know nothing about the game's story!

I would love Marcus to be in the MK tournament. Just think of his fatality. Chainsaw gun FTW. or because he looks like he would rip someones head off with his bare hands. that could be another one lol.

Noob Saibot was in the first MK game (and was playable too). The only people who dispute this FACT are those who know nothing about the game's story!

Noob Saibot was Sub-Zero in the first game.
Sub-Zero has been in every game.
Noob Saibot was not playable in the first game, he was Sub-Zero back then, before Scorpion killed him.
He was not Noob Saibot back then.
Sub-Zero is a character of his own.

Noob Saibot, the physical character who shoots the disable cloud, teleports and does shadow moves FIRST became playable in UMK 3 on Sega Genesis.

Nobody knew who Noob Saibot really was until Deception.

Last edited:
Commander's right, Tarkatan. Bi-Han was the original SUB-ZERO in the first game. It was only until he was murdered by Scorpion, then resurrected in the Netherrealm as the Shadow Wraith that became NOOB-SAIBOT. Noob wasn't in the first MK because obviously, Sub was still alive. The only hidden ninja in MK1 was Reptile.

The home ports don't count. Only the arcade versions do, because the arcade versions are the only PURE versions of the games.

Rain was a fake character in UMK3, end of story!

I'm sorry I didn't live in an Arcade :laugh:
A home port is an MK game, there is nothing anyone do or say to disprove this.
And I played the home ports, which I'm sure almost everyone did.
Despite people calling them inferior, they're still Mortal Kombat.
Rain was in UMK3 for me :)

P.S. Damnit! :x
You made me break my 1,922 posts.
Sorry NS922 :cry:

The only pure versions of the games? LOL
TO YOU!
Noob Saibot and Skarlet shouldn't be in MK9 either, if you want to get all technical.

Those 2 were never in the arcades.
Noob Saibot was playable in UMK 3 on Sega Genesis, as was Rain, so your point is null and void.

But noob was a secret character that you fight in mk2, 3, and umk3, unlike skarlet who was just a rumor. And in certain version of the umk3 arcade, the wavenet version, noob was playable in the same fashion as human smoke. Noob started out as a secret character and remained that throughout most of his career, he only recently became playable without being hidden first, and that started with armageddon.

There a short history lesson for everyone about noob.

Noob Saibot was Sub-Zero in the first game.
Sub-Zero has been in every game.
Noob Saibot was not playable in the first game, he was Sub-Zero back then, before Scorpion killed him.
He was not Noob Saibot back then.
Sub-Zero is a character of his own.

Noob Saibot, the physical character who shoots the disable cloud, teleports and does shadow moves FIRST became playable in UMK 3 on Sega Genesis.

Nobody knew who Noob Saibot really was until Deception.

Same person means same character, and MK1 Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot are the same person, and therefore, Noob was in MK1, end of story. And by the way, the MK1 Sub-Zero = Noob Saibot theory has been going on for at least 6 years before it was officially made canon.

And only the NAME of Sub-Zero was in every game!

Last edited:
Probably where all the Jason hype came from.
I'm just glad people aren't talking about Tremor anymore.

as much as I dont care about Tremor and how overated he is, at least he is a mortal kombat character.

And you know, I'm actually starting to miss how everyone was talking about Jason. Now It looks like everyone started flocking to Marcus and thinking he is a perfect choice just because everyone and their dog is playing gears 3 right now.

When Arkham city comes out, expect there to be threads everywhere about Batman for DLC

as much as I dont care about Tremor and how overated he is, at least he is a mortal kombat character.

And you know, I'm actually starting to miss how everyone was talking about Jason. Now It looks like everyone started flocking to Marcus and thinking he is a perfect choice just because everyone and their dog is playing gears 3 right now.

When Arkham city comes out, expect there to be threads everywhere about Batman for DLC

Yep, I can see it happening.
"We demand batman for dlc!"
I just think that dude from gears of war is a stupid fit for Mortal Kombat.
Didn't really care for Kratos or Freddy, either.
I'd like a straight up MK, guests are kinda retarded IMO.

And only the NAME of Sub-Zero was in every game!

Not so.
Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot are the same person, but NOT the same character, end of story.

Noob Saibot was revealed as a warrior once lost in MK 3 / UMK 3, but it NEVER alludes to him being Sub-Zero until Deception.

Havik2dq.png

^^^^Nuff Said^^^^^

Yep, I can see it happening.
"We demand batman for dlc!"
I just think that dude from gears of war is a stupid fit for Mortal Kombat.
Didn't really care for Kratos or Freddy, either.
I'd like a straight up MK, guests are kinda retarded IMO.

If fans want The Batman in MK, tell them to buy MK vs DCU! It's only $20 new, and cheaper than that second hand. Of course, NRS could pull it off if they wanted to, since their parent company owns the rights to The Batman.

Guest characters should be used in moderation. Like two in this game, none in the next two, one in the one after that, something like that. We don't want it getting to the point where the next MK game ends up with a roster that includes Mario, OJ Simpson, Adolf Hitler, Sephiroth, Elvis Presley, Hulk Hogan, Charles Manson, John Madden (as the announcer), Lara Croft, Claire Redfield, Jose Canseco, Earthworm Jim, Mai Shiranui (though I'm sure lots of teenage males would LOVE to see her), Scorpion, and Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
I seriously don't understand why Rain wasn't on the OG roster.
That is a load of bull shit.
He could've gotten a klassic costume :x
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Worst part is they actually planned for Rain to be DLC. Eyebrows said it himself at Comic-Con.

Almost like they knew us fanboys were gonna whine over him and they wanted to make a quick buck at him. :soapbox:

Worst part is they actually planned for Rain to be DLC. Eyebrows said it himself at Comic-Con.

Almost like they knew us fanboys were gonna whine over him and they wanted to make a quick buck at him. :soapbox:

Yep, they knew they were going to score an easy $5 off us with that shit.
That honestly pisses me off, they didn't include him but they'll put in Quan (MK4).
:fawkdance: F*ck 'em!

Yep, they knew they were going to score an easy $5 off us with that shit.
That honestly pisses me off, they didn't include him but they'll put in Quan (MK4).
:fawkdance: F*ck 'em!

If they wanted to stay true to the MK 1 thru UMK3 timeline, Rain would have been on the MAIN roster with the 4 DLC characters being:

- Quan Chi
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Chameleon
- Khameleon

^^
That's if you want to be 100% true to that timeline and according to the MK9 "Story Mode", although Chameleon / Khameleon came out during the Trilogy era.

If they wanted to stay true to the MK 1 thru UMK3 timeline, Rain would have been on the MAIN roster with the 4 DLC characters being:

- Quan Chi
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Chameleon
- Khameleon

^^
That's if you want to be 100% true to that timeline, although Chameleon / Khameleon came out during the Trilogy era.

I still want Chameleon.. didn't give a shit about Khameleon, though.
But with a MK9 revamp, she could've been kick ass.

I wasn't complaining about Rain being relegated to DLC. Quan Chi over Rain on the on-disc roster was the right call, because Quan Chi simply had more value as a character than Rain, especially when you take the storyline into consideration. How do you think Shao Kahn would've been able to resurrect a brainwashed Sindel and invade Earthrealm without Quan Chi's aid? How else do you think both Scorpion and Noob would've been killed and later reborn in their present forms without Quan Chi? That's why Quan Chi is in despite not being in MK1-UMK3; because he was still a significant factor in the story of those games.

I never saw anything special about Rain, other than the fact that he was named after a cheesy 1980s song.

I still want Chameleon.. didn't give a shit about Khameleon, though.
But with a MK9 revamp, she could've been kick ass.

Unfortunately, Chameleon has been retired permanently. NRS confirmed this early during MK9's development. NRS confirmed at that point that "unpopular" and "clone" characters wouldn't be coming back, with only Hsu Hao and Chameleon being mentioned by name. I do not know about Khameleon's future status, but if Chameleon falls into the "clone" character category, then that would effectively be the final nail in the coffin for Khameleon.