Ladies and Gentlemen of TRMK... I bring you The Man, the myth, the Noob..... RIP!

I went rushdown with Noob online once and got a double flawless victory. He felt pretty good going rushdown and not zoning

Talking is cheap. I flawlessly defeated Shao Kahn and Shinnok twice.... In real life. Gg no re.

i dont use kang or lao any more because people abuse their moves but if u do the same with liu or lao they cry foul and call u a noobie or a scrub.

I'm a Kang player, and no one has called me a scrub or a noob for kicking their ass. I like the BnB 2,1,3 and thats something I use pretty often. Does it make me a scrub? No. It just means I prefer to use that combo BECAUSE IT WORKS. Does it mean whoever gets owned by it is the scrub? Yes, because they cry about it instead of taking the lost like a true MK'er. They'd rather make up an excuse to the lost rather actually getting better and learning from their mistakes. Its entirely their fault.

Hugo should have used Liu Kangs Parry move every time RIP used a clone.

?? Lol Parry only works against melee moves. The clones would still damage him 100% my friend. Now if your talking about Smokes version of Parry (Shake) then thats a different story.

this RIP guy you seem to admire so much is a spamming untalented douche

watch the match where its RIP's Noob VS Jade, he gets his ass kicked hard by Jade cause all he did was spam his clone the whole time and she used her invincible move to dodge it and whoop him.

watch the match where its RIP's Noob VS Jade, he gets his ass kicked hard by Jade cause all he did was spam his clone the whole time and she used her invincible move to dodge it and whoop him.

No no no man it's called "zoning" not spamming xD

This. I wish I could have punched his face in when he did his retarded little smile after winning. Although the Liu Kang player was just as bad.

This. I wish I could have punched his face in when he did his retarded little smile after winning. Although the Liu Kang player was just as bad.

LeeApproves.jpg

Winning is winning. I don't recall a bonus prize for biggest combo or variety of moves.

yes there is it called notoriety or being known and if ur known u'll get sponsors and sponsors will pay for every thing.

The guy sucked. Obviously, he wasnt looking to get sponsored. Im sure he just did it to win the bracket and to make the other player frustrated/mad. As bone said, "Winning is winning. I don't recall a bonus prize for biggest combo or variety of moves." So who cares? I certainly wouldnt care if I pissed you off during game so I could win.

The guy sucked. Obviously, he wasnt looking to get sponsored. Im sure he just did it to win the bracket and to make the other player frustrated/mad. As bone said, "Winning is winning. I don't recall a bonus prize for biggest combo or variety of moves." So who cares? I certainly wouldnt care if I pissed you off during game so I could win.

of course he wasn't but he said there wasn't any.

The sponsors pay u plus u get the tournament money and u get a free trip, hotel and food, because u play a game good would u not want to put ur best foot forward. i kno i would.

Last edited:
Lol. RiP seems like the kind of guy that pisses you off online, yet he's one of those guys that are cool and funny when you're around him.

i did watch the whole thing and he still just spammed if u want to see zoning go to about 30 mins in and watch the kitana v kaball match that's how u zone not just standing there and throwing clones.

Throwing clones is how Noob zones! Why can you people not understand this basic concept? Do you even realise what you saw in the RIP vs Liu match-up? Did you establish that Liu really, really struggled to get in on Noob and when he did, Noob broke right out with the meter he built from keeping Liu out in the first place?

Yeah on the surface it looks like all rip knows is Noob clone; but in that particular match-up, that's all he needed because of how well it shuts down Liu. Also, in case you guys didn't know, Noobs moves have slow start-up; he often loses outright when he's at close range to his opponent's combos because of this. So with this in mind, why on God's Holy planet would RIP go in close for combos and risk losing when he can keep his opponents well away from him, gain meter and damage with clone-zoning instead?

Regarding the krazybone vs RIP match: You all saw that jade's invul move make Noobs clone redundant - in those cases, RIP had to adapt by getting close for damage, which he did and it worked. But, krazybone came out on top in the end so Good games to both.

Last edited:
"Throwing clones is how Noob zones! Why can you people not understand this basic concept? Do you even realise what you saw in the RIP vs Liu match-up? Did you establish that Liu really, really struggled to get in on Noob and when he did, Noob broke right out with the meter he built from keeping Liu out in the first place"

"duh"

but thats not how noob is suppose to be played,

no noobs moves are quick and toss u away with clones or a tp slam and the ghost ball helps close distance there is kno need to just stand there and throw clones.

and one more thing dont talk to me like im stupid treat me with the respect i give to every one else.

Last edited:
"duh"

but thats not how noob is suppose to be played,
That's exactly how noob is supposed to be played.

You still don't understand the match-up and you still don't understand Noob's play style. So I will break it down in simplest form: Liu can't get in on Noob because of well spaced clones. If Liu does get in on Noob, he eats him alive with combos because his moves come out faster than Noobs. RIP (and all Noobs should) knows this, so the logical thing to do is keep Hugo's Liu out with his clones (which allows him to build meter constantly and safely) - which is exactly what he did.

and one more thing dont talk to me like im stupid treat me with the respect i give to every one else.
Dude, you saw the video. You heard the commentators break down what was going on and why it was working and you read my post which offered additional explanation. How can you not understand how Noob is supposed to be played after all of this?