Kung Lao Revealed!

Cassie looks better. Not sure if they did something about her neck in that screenshot, since she's throwing her head back, but it doesn't appear as elongated as earlier screens of her.

Cassie looks better. Not sure if they did something about her neck in that screenshot, since she's throwing her head back, but it doesn't appear as elongated as earlier screens of her.

Thank God for that. Though something still seems off about her. I think her legs may be a bit too short. Kung Lao looks like his legs are too short as well in some of the pics.

I think KL will be revived by the elder gods simply because he was killed unfairly. He was not challenged.

I think KL will be revived by the elder gods simply because he was killed unfairly. He was not challenged.

A lot of people died unfairly during the events of MK9. Including a large chunk of Earthrealm's people. I don't think the Elder Gods care enough about that sort of thing.

A lot of people died unfairly during the events of MK9. Including a large chunk of Earthrealm's people. I don't think the Elder Gods care enough about that sort of thing.

Well, I do think the Elder Gods care nothing but themselves, and maybe that's why this could be a good reason. They just want their idiot tournament do work. Innocent people that died, well, we can forget about them.

What I really can't get along at all with this is the fact that the Elder Gods wouuld grant this. They are just Elder, their power are not "oooh, greatest power of the universe". They coudn't beat Kahn using Raiden at first. It's like they are just...wiser.

I'm saying this because Kung Lao soul was in the Netherrealm, if it was revived before all the others (and considering his appearance, it may happen in the early stages of the game), what powers will the Elder Gods have in the Netherrealm? They are just bodyguards of the One Being, that if you say this name they shit on their pants.

Yet, I think this is a good explanation, because they are too selfish to care for people who died "eventually".

Ok, I want to write something on Kung Lao since I did not write anything since his leak.

First of all I remember people saying that Kung Lao and Kitana should be the only dead returning characters from MK9 if there were dead MK9 fighters in MKX.

Don't forget that we know nothing about the story yet. The story will span 25 years and it is possible that at one point Quan Chi's slaves will be free again (somebody will defeat QC, maybe Scorpion). All the slaves can come back to life but it's not necessary that each of them will be playable in MKX. Maybe we will see them coming back to life in cutscenes. Kung Lao and maybe Kitana could be unlockable by beating Quan Chi. This is why KL isn't DLC.

I am pretty sure that it will be like that.

Thank God for that. Though something still seems off about her. I think her legs may be a bit too short. Kung Lao looks like his legs are too short as well in some of the pics.
That is caused by the lack of high heels... but the biggest part of the forum was opposed to the slutty costumes, so that's the issue.... I'd would rather an unreal slutty costume for cassie, so her legs would be fixed

First of all I remember people saying that Kung Lao and Kitana should be the only dead returning characters from MK9 if there were dead MK9 fighters in MKX.

I don't remember who those people are that said that, but I can only speak for myself when I said that I didn't care if they were DLC, as long as they weren't on the main roster.
Meaning that I was hoping for the rest of the roster slots to be used for a few living MK9 characters, post-MK3 characters and NEW characters.
I don't care if all of the dead characters come back via DLC, but I wanted more of the new MKX characters on the main roster to get their time to shine, much like character such as Quan Chi, Kenshi, Reiko, Fujin and Tanya did in their respective debuts.
Main roster = story characters, and I don't want to see a bunch of cop-out stuff in MKX, just so that the MK9 dead characters can come back with the nostalgia freaks (not you) continuing to live in 1995.
MK9 was the nostalgia game.
MKX is the descendants / new characters game.
Time to move the f*** on, people.

Last edited:
That is caused by the lack of high heels... but the biggest part of the forum was opposed to the slutty costumes, so that's the issue.... I'd would rather an unreal slutty costume for cassie, so her legs would be fixed

Uh.... What?

I'm pretty sure it's just because they didn't make her lower half proportional to her upper half.

Story is supposed to take a back seat in the fighting genre to begin with, because fighting games are supposed to be gameplay driven and not story driven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

That makes no sense, all fighting games should have a story otherwise what's the point of these people fighting in the first place? Story doesn't detract from gameplay in the first place and being that these aren't arcade games anymore it only makes sense to give people who play alone at home a bit more bang for their buck.

That makes no sense, all fighting games should have a story otherwise what's the point of these people fighting in the first place? Story doesn't detract from gameplay in the first place and being that these aren't arcade games anymore it only makes sense to give people who play alone at home a bit more bang for their buck.

Ever played Karate Champ? That had no story, and that's widely regarded as the very first fighting game. The point of people fighting is to have the most health at the end of the fight. Gameplay should ALWAYS come first in totality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Just because Karate Champ is the very first =/= very best, though.

As it relates to MK:
MK9 was the best MK game that came out since MKII, IMO, and it has an excellent story (minus the Sindel massacre), arguably the best story of any fighting game.
What's wrong with wanting a follow-up to that great story in MKX?
No longer are the days where these games are arcade only, and I don't see what's wrong with having a good story mode AND balanced competitive fighting.
Why does it have to be 1 or the other?
Do you want to continue being stuck in 1995?
You don't wan't MK to evolve to something better with MKX?