Kitana Thread - "You'll Learn Respect!"

wow...well some players need to stop crying. her combos are far from broken lol. d+1 is annoying but not broken. if d+1 is broken, then wat do u call mileenas d+4? lol

Kitana's combos are broken the same way Cyrax's are broken, tons of damage, with little cost

(course neither of the characters are broken, just sayin

help I only have one combo learned. Does 41% and requires two bars
f21,NJP,f2xxfan toss, 4xxENfan lift, airpunchxxair fan toss, ground fan toss, EN fan toss xx upprcut

time for some more Kitana fashion talk!!! alrighty, this topic is on HAIR. which is her best look, & why?

i personally loved her MKvsDC long/high ponytail, it suits her fabulously & it animates better than her "Scorpion Jizzed Hair" (Facebook inside joke)

& besides, Kitana would've looked lovely in it in MK9 (see last picture)

Kitana_MKDC_07.jpg.jpg

flashvskitana.jpg_595.jpg

LexvsKitana.jpg

kitana_vs_sonya_by_celor-d3gqbzi.jpg

No problem, just remember that we're trying to keep gameplay stuff and non-gameplay stuff separate. :)

Starting with a fan lift? I wish I did. I think the best I've been able to do meterless is something like 30% (jump kick, fan throw, 4, ground fan, 4, cutting fan), which is kinda weak for a Kitana combo.

I'm sure there's gotta be a way to get more in, and I know you can potentially do a neutral jump punch after the fan lift, but when you're using it defensively, there's no guarantee you'll be able to easily get the position you want. I need to tinker with that one of these days.

Starting with a fan lift? I wish I did. I think the best I've been able to do meterless is something like 30% (jump kick, fan throw, 4, ground fan, 4, cutting fan), which is kinda weak for a Kitana combo.

That's what I perform and I really think that's the best outcome starting with a fan lift

Thanks for sharing!
I don't use Kitana too much either and would like to use her.
I have one question though.
I've tried doing these combos and cannot even get close to pulling them off. Maybe someone else can fill me in on this but after I do the Fan Throw EX (d,f,1+blk), the 2nd fan throw forces the opponent to the ground and I cannot continue the combo; however in the video, the opponent is still standing!
Also, by the looks of it, Kitana only throws 1 instead of 2 fans therefor, cancelling it, but I have not found a way to cancel it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm sure there's gotta be a way to get more in, and I know you can potentially do a neutral jump punch after the fan lift, but when you're using it defensively, there's no guarantee you'll be able to easily get the position you want. I need to tinker with that one of these days.

I feel the same, I do NjP, b+2 , air fan, ground fan, 2 , ground fan, cutting fan . But the damage is kinda flimsy. Thats when you're like two steps from the opponent. Right now I have no idea what to do if I pull fan lift at max range.

Thanks for sharing!
I don't use Kitana too much either and would like to use her.
I have one question though.
I've tried doing these combos and cannot even get close to pulling them off. Maybe someone else can fill me in on this but after I do the Fan Throw EX (d,f,1+blk), the 2nd fan throw forces the opponent to the ground and I cannot continue the combo; however in the video, the opponent is still standing!
Also, by the looks of it, Kitana only throws 1 instead of 2 fans therefor, cancelling it, but I have not found a way to cancel it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hold 1 after you toss the ex fan then dash to cancel and continue the combo

right now I just do f2, 1 then go to d+1 if it is blocked. I just picked her up, so I'm still getting the feel for her. But the kicks do tend to catch people off guard.

Kitana is my second favorite MK character.

1. Stryker/Mileena
2. Kitana
3. Johnny Cage
My mains are Stryker, Mileena, and Johnny Cage. I've loved Kitana in MK game and she was always one of my most used characters. But for some reason I've been too lazy to actually try to learn her in MK9. Should I try to after I master Stryker? Is she really worth it? By the looks of those combos.....wow. That's a lot of damage.