Kitana Thread - "You'll Learn Respect!"

I'm going to add some nice COMBO videos I found while I was roaming around Youtube trying to find some nice Bnb combo for y'all people. One thing is because there is people who can learn combos better by actually seeing(visually) somebody else perform them, than while sitting in front of a long text string. Keep an eye out on my 1st post I will be updating soon. Maybe just the videos for now...but hey it's something.

EDIT: Sorry, My Compter is acting retarded and it will not let me scroll down when I'm in the advanced edit tool page.

Last edited:
Is fake out kick any useful, I've tried against bots and so far i have landed nothing

It may be a little usefull for mind games or mix-ups but it's too damn slow and well punishable. I don't recommend you using it often, maybe once or twice in an unexpected situation. Also make sure your opponent is blocking high before you do it.

Also for all Kitana players out there, If you happen to get an iAF or JK on someone and they're not too high in air, you can easily make it a +30% unbreakable combo. You may need 2 bars for that but 1 bar will still help. Take advantage of this...it will help ALOT.

iAF,Ground-Fan,EX-FAN,dash,Ground-Fan,EX-FAN,dash,Ground-Fan.

If you land a JK make sure you throw the air-fan right away. Then start the same combo as above except for the iAF.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you have to cancel out of the EX-fans in order to get the combo going.

Last edited:
Alright thanks, however I'm not great with mind tricks. Is your computer still retarded? Im so excited for your combo video

Alright thanks, however I'm not great with mind tricks. Is your computer still retarded? Im so excited for your combo video

If you read my post carefully, you'd notice that I clearly say "videos I found while I was roaming around youtube", meaning I won't be showing any videos soon made by me. I do not own a cap-card to record any online matches or combos for MK9, sorry. But I'd kindly put up some links to some videos I found very usefull...

Is fake out kick any useful, I've tried against bots and so far i have landed nothing
One thing to realise about the AI is that it reacts to your moves. It knows your button inputs. Of course, I have no way to prove this, but countless experiences with them punishing moves they should have never seen coming have proven it to me. They know what you input, and immediately return the appropriate response. Kitana's fake out kick is a good example, the AI will never fall for it. Against human players, it can be useful if you do it sparingly. Don't do the fake out kick or the regular one 50/50. Do the regular one most of the time, and the fake out maybe twice in a match.
Anyway, the AI's quirks make you play more defensively.... But also, try waiting for the AI to do something on it's own. You'll immediately notice that they are far dumber when they have to come up with a plan of their own instead of selecting from a list of counters to your moves. One thing the AI can't deal with in particular is zoning. That's because they can't think up a strategy and can't learn from their mistakes. They can only decide what to do one move at a time. So it takes them a loooong time to randomly decide to dash forward when you're zoning them. In the meanwhile, they're just sitting there eating the projectiles. Noob Saibot was by far the easiest character to get through ladder with for me. Without trying, I flawlessed a couple of fights and never lost until I went up against Shao Kahn and he spammed his hammers.

@ xTHUGx

Alright I see what you meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. As for your "recommended videos' I feel the first one is the best one since they look a lot easier to learn than TylerLantern. However the neutral jump punch after the F2+1 is a pain in a neck to time.

@ Macros

While in practice I actually found that F4 + Fake out kick is pretty useful and fast

Wow the Fake out kicks are really reliable, pulled it off many times online. I also have a question, is there Kombo(with a k) that is comparable to Liu Kangs 2+1+3? A lot of her Kombos have a lot of recovery time.. like the 2+1+2

Wow the Fake out kicks are really reliable, pulled it off many times online. I also have a question, is there Kombo(with a k) that is comparable to Liu Kangs 2+1+3? A lot of her Kombos have a lot of recovery time.. like the 2+1+2

Sadly, no. But with some practice i'm pretty sure you can pull those big combos off. Although she does have 2,1,EX Fan-cancel( keep holding 1 after throwing the first fan then dash out, once you dash out you can let go off 1) and you can keep doing this according to how many bars you got, I wouldn't recommend using it often as it gets pretty bad damage due to damage scaling. But if you're comftorable using this, then why not?

Also, some tips against Kung Lao's, if you're atleast on jump distance from a Kung Lao and you're seeing a pattern of his ground projecticle hat. Try using pretty kick to go over it without actually jumping or blocking it and eating the chip damage. EX pretty kick will reach further, sorta like Liu Kang's bicycle kick, yet not as far.

Yep i know the 2,1,fan-cancel but I think its a bit risky. I kinda like the 1,1,cutting fan or the 2,1,cutting fan which has pretty fast recovery time believe it or not.

Yep i know the 2,1,fan-cancel but I think its a bit risky. I kinda like the 1,1,cutting fan or the 2,1,cutting fan which has pretty fast recovery time believe it or not.

Make sure you do d1 as fast as possible after either whiffing a move that you weren't supposed to or after you've failed to connect the combo starter.
Example: You do f2,1 to attempt a combo start up but instead the opponent blocks it. Try and do d1 immediately. You can also do this if the opponent is applying alot of pressure on you or you want to interrupt anybody's special moves while upclose. d1 is your friend.

She's my second favorite character of Mortal Kombat but I don't put time into her because I find her extremely boring to play as >.>
But I just use her here and there and I win sometimes but it's a boring match

Gotta love this Bnb...
[1BAR]53%
F+2,1,NJP,4,Ground Fan,dash,2,Ground Fan,dash,2,EX Fan-Lift,double dash,B+2,Air Fan,dash,Ground Fan,dash,4,Fan Cutter(D,F,2).

Gotta love this Bnb...
[1BAR]53%
F+2,1,NJP,4,Ground Fan,dash,2,Ground Fan,dash,2,EX Fan-Lift,double dash,B+2,Air Fan,dash,Ground Fan,dash,4,Fan Cutter(D,F,2).

wow im going to try that out... looks a bit hard for a bnb haha