Kitana Revealed!

Got this from another forum - i believe 16 BIT posted this, may be wrong
regardless it's subject to change!

Kitana's Special Move Inputs (current build)

Kitana - Royal Storm
Rising Fan - down back 2
Throat Slice - back forward 3
Fan Throw - down forward 1
Squar Boost - down back 3
Fan-Nado - down back 1
Bounce Back - down back 4

Kitana - Assasin
Rising Fan - down back 2
Fan Throw - down forward 1
Upraise - down back 1
Assassin Strike - down back 3
Princess Parry - down back 4

Kitana - Mounful
Rising Fan - down back 2
Upraise - down back 1
Glaive Throw - down forward 1
Shadow Kick - down forward 4
Staff Grab - down back 3

I actually like Kitana's alt concept, it reminds of her MK9 primary which in my opinion was a good design. I actually do think her MK9 main made her look like a dangerous assassin with added sex appeal and hardly any clothes to allow for her complete freedom of movement (and eye candy). So I'm going against the borg by saying that I'm glad she gets a "stripper" alt.

However the front loin cloth needs to be narrowed and the back loincloth needs to be eliminated... though it does seem like the back loincloth was doodled onto the concept art at the last minute.

tumblr_njogf7hVH61rc75zuo1_1280.jpg
#2: The hood is a nice touch. I find the rest of the outfit more flattering to her than the first one, #1's numerous straps are distracting in a bad way....(like Mileena's MK9 toilet paper alt)
#4: I'm not sure what that thing going across the chest is for, but somehow the asymmetry makes the design interesting and doesn't detract too much from the rest of the outfit. The bow adds a bit of daintiness. I like that hairstyle the best

tumblr_njogf7hVH61rc75zuo3_1280.jpg

Minus the shoulder and arm guard, my favorite of this set is the one on the far left.

Those concepts designs suck. I don't know why NRS is so obsessed with loin cloths. It looks silly, especially on a chick who is wearing nothing but a thong underneath. Obviously I would feel differently about this type of attire in real life but it doesn't look right on a chick that's suppose to be a fighter. It's not practical.

I'm digging Kitana's variations. As of right now, she's at the top of my potential mains list. She appears to be a stronger rushdown character this time around. She still has her trademark zoning capabilities, a projectile parry, great mobility, a projectile parry and a projectile parry. Pretty dangerous stuff.

The only complain i get now is the amount of life bar her moves take away... In her matchup with reptile she played awesome and hit more than him but she barely made damage on reptile, while reptile made like 2 uppercuts and a combo and he won....
I know female characters tend to have less strength in fighting games but, this was a bit exaggerated....

The only complain i get now is the amount of life bar her moves take away... In her matchup with reptile she played awesome and hit more than him but she barely made damage on reptile, while reptile made like 2 uppercuts and a combo and he won....
I know female characters tend to have less strength in fighting games but, this was a bit exaggerated....

Don't worry, the developers aren't using optimized BnBs. You never know, she could be a vortex character :shock:

I'd be surprised if Kitana couldn't get at least 30% with one meter.

I like the upper half of Kitana's alt costume. The bottom half, I feel, still needs some adjustments to it. I feel like the thigh high boots and the loincloth combo is a little busy. Maybe they could either condense the material (both front and back) or shorten the length of the boots. I'm all for the thigh hight boots though because it's associated with "princess" characters so maybe the loincloth needs to be adjusted.

I think her alt is god awful. Especially if the main design was meant to pander to those that didn't want to deal with the females being sex objects in the first place cause even her main look is still laughably skimpy. But whatever. If that's the best they can do, then so be it. The first costume is tolerable. Everything from the neck up looks nice and everything from the waist down looks interesting. The middle part just looks really weird and kinda dumb.

I think her alt is god awful. Especially if the main design was meant to pander to those that didn't want to deal with the females being sex objects in the first place cause even her main look is still laughably skimpy. But whatever. If that's the best they can do, then so be it. The first costume is tolerable. Everything from the neck up looks nice and everything from the waist down looks interesting. The middle part just looks really weird and kinda dumb.

why are you so obsessed with sex...

why are you so obsessed with sex...

I'm not. I just don't particularly care to have aesthetics blatantly designed around sex appeal to be something crammed in my face. But... MK is awesome, so I'll forgo their terrible female ninja designs. At least we still have some female characters that are dressed in such a way that makes sense like Sonya, Cassie, ect. All I'm asking for and always ever have asked for was for their costumes to make sense. They did that more with Kitana's default look this time, but I have to accept that they refuse to veer away from sex appeal no matter how lame it comes off. I simply like to be able to believe the characters when I'm playing. That's all; and the female ninjas were never believable to me.

Last edited:
I hope cassie has a sexy alternate

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

This should work!

screencaps-from-jennifer-lopezs-video-for-booty-ft-iggy-azalea_24.jpg

This isn't Hustler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

When did we turn into a bunch of prudes? That's not even any where near as filthy as Hustler, Playboy, Penthouse etc. can be.

I swear, the MK fandom has been having a major SJW infestation over the last 2 years.

That's for sure, i think the main outfit for all the females will be a warrior's one, while the alternate would be the sexy....

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
I'm one who is ambivalent about the revealing costumes. As long as they don't look cheap, (Kitana's alt in MK9) I'm ok with it. However, I don't think we need to put Cassie in a bathing suit for her alt. If people want something 'sexy' for Cassie, why not an MMA gear alternate?

Gina-Carano-03.jpg

It would make sense for her to wear and also not look trashy.

I'm one who is ambivalent about the revealing costumes. As long as they don't look cheap, (Kitana's alt in MK9) I'm ok with it. However, I don't think we need to put Cassie in a bathing suit for her alt. If people want something 'sexy' for Cassie, why not an MMA gear alternate?

View attachment 7637

It would make sense for her to wear and also not look trashy.

Or this:

Sonya-Blade-character-render-2-Mortal-Kombat-2011-MK-9.jpg

Look familiar? :)

I wouldn't want it to be the exact same as this, but something similar would suffice. They could also add a more modern feel with ripped skinny jeans instead of the shorts, but still keeping the combat boots. I think that'd really suit Cassie.

I swear, the MK fandom has been having a major SJW infestation over the last 2 years.

Ever considered the fact that perhaps that was a natural consequence of recent MK games (most notably MK9) dressing the females like typical strippers?

Or this:

View attachment 7638

Look familiar? :)

I wouldn't want it to be the exact same as this, but something similar would suffice. They could also add a more modern feel with ripped skinny jeans instead of the shorts, but still keeping the combat boots. I think that'd really suit Cassie.
That costume reeks of that piece of shit MK Annihilation movie...that was the same costume Sonya wore in that movie.