Kitana Revealed!

With Kitana and Kung Lao back, you can't guarantee anything.
I can spin that around too and also make an empty claim like that, and say something which may be false, like "I almost guarantee that NRS went back on their word and WILL bring back the likes of Sindel, Jax, Jade, Stryker, Nightwolf, Noob, Cyber Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Kabal Jax and the 2 cyborgs."

It is not empty words though, I am basing it off logic and demand. Most of those other characters are secondary.. Since some died in MK9, I always knew they would bring back at least 2 of them, and Kitana was one that I always thought they would bring back.

GOOtzMJ.png

Better design than any MK9 female!
They did it!

It is not empty words though, I am basing it off logic and demand. Most of those other characters are secondary.. Since some died in MK9, I always knew they would bring back at least 2 of them, and Kitana was one that I always thought they would bring back.

That's my biggest problem with MK9. You KNEW there were going to bring them back. Even the secondary ones like Kabal have a chance to come back, maybe not MKX, but MK11 I could see it. It's also why I don't care who they kill off in the comic, it doesn't mean anything. If Boon decides he wants to use someone, he will use them.

Death means nothing in MK, even when they say it does... it doesn't.

Apparently it also means you get to come back with a decent costume and prettier face. They shouldn't be trying to kill Quan Chi and Raiden, they should than them. :laugh:

BOOOOOOOO!

Not only was Kitana revealed, but we got NO Goro gameplay! And no Kollectors Edition information.
What a bunch of bullshit.

Hype at level 0

That's my biggest problem with MK9. You KNEW there were going to bring them back. Even the secondary ones like Kabal have a chance to come back, maybe not MKX, but MK11 I could see it. It's also why I don't care who they kill off in the comic, it doesn't mean anything. If Boon decides he wants to use someone, he will use them.

If death was permanent, then that would mean Story > Gameplay, and that is a bad path to go down. A door should always be open to old dead characters.

If death was permanent, then that would mean Story > Gameplay, and that is a bad path to go down. A door should always be open to old dead characters.
No! The door should be closed. All you need to do is plan your story 1 step forward, so you don't kill top popular characters, and then you don't need to come up with any excuse to ressurect them.

Do you guys think there's still room for Mileena coming back now Kitana is revealed?
Will be funny if retconed Kitana get a roster spot and Mileena (who never died and should compete for Outworld throne) will not.

I kind of disagree. I believe Story is just as important as Gameplay. The thing is... don't kill them in the first place. In MK1-MK3 the only deaths were Bi-Han (which was permanent) and Johnny Cage. Since Tobias left they have gone nuts with killing people off and resurrecting them.

I just wish they'd get an actual writer in charge of the story who knew what they were doing.

I missed it all, cause my bro picked me up for some
Hamburgers. Now i come back and see, it was in fact Kitana.
Im not sure what to think. The first thought that came to my mind
was, she does look very unique now. No copy faces anymore i guess?
I really welcome her in MKX, mainly cause she looks so different/fresh/new here.
Im still hoping for Reptile and Cyrax.

I Wonder if she is Boot 4?

I always thought that bringing back them would frustrate the game.

What I think will frustrate the main goal of the game (what does not mean it will be bad) is the lack of new characters.

But these are coming 'boon".

Anyway, I thought on the other way after the comics.

For me, it's clear that the "good guys" won the Netherrealm War and people were resurrected.

I don't think we will have people like Stryker, or even Kabal, back. Revenants, maybe. Cameo, probally. But not on the roster.

Kung Lao and Kitana are two allies that would be good on this new generation. It would be dumb to choose one and bring back like nothing has happened, that's why I aked myself "why Kung Lao?".

But, IMO, it's clear they won the war (according the comics) and people come back. Well, then they start their lifes again. But some, like Kung Lao and Kitana, will be witness of the new generation of fighters.

That's it. I'm super excited with this game as always. Luck I decided to wait before completing my disappontment with Kung Lao!

edit: another boot bites the dust. Kitana is the female one.

I want to forget MK9 Kitana and never remember of her again!

As do I.
I want to forget all the MK9 females, and I'm glad that NRS isn't just seeing the smallest amount of clothes that they can put on females.
As someone else mentioned, she does have a steampunk vibe to her.

If you're gonna act like a kid, you'll be treated as one.

Likewise.
Act like a troll and you shall be treated as such.

I'm with Commander on this one.

I do think Kitana and Kung Lao look incredibly well designed and I am hyped for them, but over the past few weeks, the game is losing me a little. This was an opportunity to showcase some of underdeveloped characters that have a lot of potential who survived MK 9 (Scarlet, Rain) but most importantly, it was a great opportunity to re-invent some of the Post MK 3 characters (Tanya, Shinnok Hotaru, Kai, Havik, Ashrah, Reiko). With the comic revealing that the game is skipping the Netherrealm war, likely, it makes me wary of the chances for some of these characters. Lastly, while we have some idea of what other new characters are coming to this game, thanks to spoilers, I cannot help but feel there should be more. I feel spoiled by D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn: both are very well-received by the community, well-designed and have seemingly interesting stories. It makes me excited to see what else they can do.

Yes.
Exactly.
Thank you.

They are empty words, given that NRS can just go ______________ MK9 dead character will be back (demand or not), as it seems likely with the Jax hint (with the Jacks), given that Jax is 1 of the most useless characters in MK history, IMO.

No! The door should be closed. All you need to do is plan your story 1 step forward, so you don't kill top popular characters, and then you don't need to come up with any excuse to ressurect them.

I believe Story is just as important as Gameplay. The thing is... don't kill them in the first place. In MK1-MK3 the only deaths were Bi-Han (which was permanent) and Johnny Cage. Since Tobias left they have gone nuts with killing people off and resurrecting them.

I just wish they'd get an actual writer in charge of the story who knew what they were doing.

Yup.
I'm thankful that at least 2 people get this.

I kind of disagree. I believe Story is just as important as Gameplay. The thing is... don't kill them in the first place. In MK1-MK3 the only deaths were Bi-Han (which was permanent) and Johnny Cage. Since Tobias left they have gone nuts with killing people off and resurrecting them.

How are writers supposed to second guess character popularity? Popularity is not always predictable.. Most people I know do not even play MK for the story, because its just a massive gimmick, that will soon get old after the first month of purchase.

How are writers supposed to second guess character popularity? Popularity is not always predictable..

Yes it is.
By now (after 22 years) the writers should know who's popular and who isn't, especially John Vogel.
Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao & Kabal - No need for those characters to die in story mode only for them to be brought back via a weak cop-out / retcon.
NRS sure as hell knows who is popular and who isn't.
Don't give me that.