Kenshi Thread - "Seeing Without Sight"

I think he means this.."Thing"

778216-deadpool_3_super.png

Don't associate the real Deadpool with that horrid craptastic comicmovie "potatohead" of a character.

I think he meant pre-change:

3449849773_406fac30eb-1-.jpg

Matt Wilson said:
I know, I know, everyone's favorite, TylerLantern.

Also, here is a list of all of the combos on the video. Some are mid-screen, others are walls, and the rest or tag combinations.

None of these combos are practical in real matches IMHO. The only one i use is number 3. NJp has very strict timing and execution. Its unreliable and not worth the tradeoff since there are other easier combos that do around the same damage.

R A I N I S M said:
Does he have any pressure strings?

F2,2 is one of the most godlike strings in the game. Besides being hit confirmable into a launcher or an overhead, it has a 12 frame startup and the overhead finisher is + on block, AND you have a 6 frame follow up option(spirit charge). This puts your opponent in serious mind games since you can loop F2,2,B2 on block or follow up with the spirit charge. If your opponent tries to interrupt/downpoke you after F2,2,B2 followed by a SC, aside from reptile and kung lao, they will get hit. So, your opponent is forced to guess "should i keep blocking this or try to get out and possibly get hit by a spirit charge?". Keep in mind that 1 blocked string + SC does 7% in chip alone(12% for 2xstring+SC) while building a lot of meter. Plus, if you know your opponent is going to try to hit you out of it, you can also block after the string and punish accordingly. Even further, you can go for a throw after the string instead of a SC if you already conditioned your opponent into respecting the SC. The throw can be followed by a DF4 because you have advantage there also and your opponent will be forced to block that as well (or wakeup with an armored move, but even then, they take the damage) since you can even stop regular wakeup moves such as subzeros slide with this setup. ( i didnt have time to test wakeups like kabals or scarlets dash and etc... so this may not work on everyone, you may have to use DB4 instead)

In addition the string will hit opponents even on neutral duck. And it has a disjoined hitbox! That shit will even go through an ice clone and hit at close distance.

Please note this is just info i got and stuff i like to do so far, im not a competitive player, so this may not work 100% at high level and i havent tested against every character, so try it out for yourself and incorporate what you can into your game.

Jinko said:
I need to try this later today. I didn't know you could perform Tele Furies back-to-back and last I checked, it wasn't OTG.

By 3 xx special i meant "front kick cancel into special". Teleflurry hits airborne opponents mid and out of combos. What do you mean exactly?

Last edited:
None of these combos are practical in real matches IMHO. The only one i use is number 3. NJp has very strict timing and execution. Its unreliable and not worth the tradeoff since there are other easier combos that do around the same damage.

Some are for show, but half of those combos (excluding the tag team combos) begin with his BnB combo starter, (f2,2,b1) then cancel into specials. 90% of any of Kenshi's GOOD combos require dashing, like constant dashing, but a lot of his specials have so much juggling potential that most of his mid-screen combos can at least do 30%+ damage, and his corner combos can do well beyond 50%. You're right, most of them aren't practical, but a lot of them form the basis for other combos as well, or at least gives people an idea of what to use or what to start using (or at least trying to) in most match ups.

Plus in my first video, (which also has a list of the combos) he does the highest one, which is 59% against the wall. You're welcome. And you can't tell me those are nonviable simply because they CAN be pulled off like any wall combo so long as the other person doesn't use their breaker, and they don't require insane skill to maintain, it's just the opportunity and waiting for one to open that's the *****.

Matt Wilson said:
Plus in my first video, (which also has a list of the combos) he does the highest one, which is 59% against the wall. You're welcome. And you can't tell me those are nonviable simply because they CAN be pulled off like any wall combo so long as the other person doesn't use their breaker, and they don't require insane skill to maintain, it's just the opportunity and waiting for one to open that's the *****.

The second one is the one i have been using but it can be done with BP instead of NJp, both will add exactily the same damage(5%) to the combo. The first one you have to use the NJp, which for me, comes out about 1/3 of the time, and thats offline. But thanks again anyway.

Last edited:

More combos for your bleeding eyes. I hate this guy, I hate the way he talks, and if I met him, I'd probably end up hating the way he smells too. But I can't deny someone who tries to help the community and posts up decent combo videos. N-joy.

Matt Wilson said:
More combos for your bleeding eyes. I hate this guy, I hate the way he talks, and if I met him, I'd probably end up hating the way he smells too. But I can't deny someone who tries to help the community and posts up decent combo videos. N-joy.

Thanks for the video. That #1... i didnt know Dash,D1 allowed to continue the 21B2 string. Will improve his 50/50 game a lot. Cheers.

As for #7(midscreen to corner) i am doing a similar, but better version. The one on the video uses 2 bars for 42%. This one does 42% as well but does not use meter at all:

JP - F2,2,B1 - Dash - F3,2 xx Rising Karma - Dash* - 3 xx Tele Flurry** - 1,1,4 xx Spirit Charge

*Dash is not necessary if you start the combo closer to the corner. But, if you start too far, you wont be able to connect 1,1,4, so go directly to Spirit Charge after the Tele Flurry for 40%.

**In case you started the combo closer to the corner(i.e you didnt need to dash*) you will have to wait your opponent drop a little from the juggle to input 3 xx Tele Flurry. If you dont, the last Tele Flurry string hit will whiff and you will drop the combo.

Might look like too much detail but its actually very easy to pull off. There is no problem adjusting to whats happening onscreen.

----
Also part of this string is what i have been using as a low starter for corner combos:

F3,2 xx Rising Karma - 3 xx Tele Flurry - 1,1,4 xx Spirit Charge (31%)

Do you know any better low starter in the corner?

bout freaking time someone makes a mk9 video using the original mk soundtrack. seriously, i LOVE that song. ill still watch the original mk movie and it gets me pumped everytime.

Kenshi kicks all kinds of ass. I'm poppin off 20% to 30% combos left and right, and I just started playing with him yesterday. Next to scorpion and sub-zero, he's my main.

has anyone posted up his match ups yet? I've been playing him pretty constantly so I know generally who he is good against. I was wondering what everyone else thought.

i think i found a nother combo here it is if u wana now
f+2, 2, b+1, 1, 1, rising carma, f+2, 2, b+2 its 31% how many hits i dont now
but it works and not that hard

ive gotta say..as much as i love my scorps, baraka cyrax and subby...i bought kenshi one release day and never really used him. i started playing with him last night and i must say.. i have a new main.

ive gotta say..as much as i love my scorps, baraka cyrax and subby...i bought kenshi one release day and never really used him. i started playing with him last night and i must say.. i have a new main.

thats how i was when i played him for the first time. he is just bad ass all around.

Agreed, seriously his zoning is fantastic and combo oppertunities are great with his specials where i find other characters a bit more awkward. suits me down the ground. reflect pisses sub zero spamming players off too. Magic. lol

Thanks for sharing the videos, Matt Wilson.
I think I'll start using some of the combos made by Tyler :)

aww god, another one.
dont say that too loud man..

everyman and his dog tries to emulate tyler, take some idea's but make your own dude.