Johnny Cage confirmed.

I would have been all for Johnny returning in MKX if we didn't already have his daughter. She has majority of his iconic moves, similar quotes & even her normal combo strings are inspired by Cage. Seriously, why?

I would have been all for Johnny returning in MKX if we didn't already have his daughter. She has majority of his iconic moves, similar quotes & even her normal combo strings are inspired by Cage. Seriously, why?
Cassie Cage's moveset is unique, as proven by eyewitness accounts from [MENTION=1]Patrick McCarron[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4805]Viking_Poodle[/MENTION].

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Well JC is more mature now and he's more serious, we do know he has some sort of special unit so I think he will play very different.

More like a trained soldier? Add to that giant booger toss and you've got a new Cage, with some classic feeling but a pretty decent rehaul.

I haven't given it much thought though.

They stated that her playstyle was unique, not her moveset.

Yeah I agree they could easily revamp him (to a degree), but I'm still having trouble imagining how they could make him noticeably different to Cassie without removing his core features.

Yeah I agree they could easily revamp him (to a degree), but I'm still having trouble imagining how they could make him noticeably different to Cassie without removing his core features.

It's not about removing, it's about adding to and expanding upon. This is going to be by far the strongest incarnation of Johnny Cage we've ever seen in any MK media - it has to be, he's the Champ! So all of those energy attacks and shadow moves that he's been dabbling in for years? There's nothing stopping NRS from going hog wild with those and creating completely new ways for him to express those powers, to showcase Johnny fulfilling all of his potential.

It's not about removing, it's about adding to and expanding upon. This is going to be by far the strongest incarnation of Johnny Cage we've ever seen in any MK media - it has to be, he's the Champ! So all of those energy attacks and shadow moves that he's been dabbling in for years? There's nothing stopping NRS from going hog wild with those and creating completely new ways for him to express those powers, to showcase Johnny fulfilling all of his potential.

I have absolutely no doubts about that, I'm just curious as to how they'll do it. I was a bit skeptical before Kitana was released, but as soon as I saw her gameplay I was amazed at what they had come up with. Seriously, her 'sharpen' move is incredibly creative & it makes sense, too.

I have absolutely no doubts about that, I'm just curious as to how they'll do it. I was a bit skeptical before Kitana was released, but as soon as I saw her gameplay I was amazed at what they had come up with. Seriously, her 'sharpen' move is incredibly creative & it makes sense, too.

Yeah. My favorite new move of Kitana's is her rushdown+fan attack. It's a lovely way to show just how nimble she's meant to be.

Funny little side story: I started thinking up variations for Johnny Cage, and I thought, "If I had to base Special Forces Johnny Cage's fighting style on a movie character, what movie character comes to mind as a great foundation?" The first thought that popped into my head was Jason Bourne. You know, crazy fast improvised moves, designed to win at any cost. I looked up what martial arts Bourne uses in the films, turns out it's Jeet Kune Do (mixed with other stuff). Hmm. Why does that sound familiar?

Oh yeah, because I just read about it in [MENTION=18857]Johnny_Hardwood[/MENTION] 's thread, where he explains that that's Johnny Cage's fighting style in the games! :lol: I am an accidental prophet of things that have already happened!

But yeah, I can't wait to see what they do with his gameplay, because - like with Kano, like with Kitana - it's bound to give us a glimpse into how he has changed and grown as a character.

One variation can have Johnny Cage rocking glowing fists making him a heavy hitter on that one.

One variation can have Johnny Cage using glowing fists making him a heavy hitter on that one.

I think that could be pretty cool, but I also think that we can rule it out, based on the fact that Cassie used to have that exact same thing for Brawler. Adam Urbano's leak of Johnny Cage goes back months and months, so even though Cassie has lost the glowing fists and put on some MMA gloves since then, there would have been a point in time when they shared variation effects. Which seems very contrary to NRS's goal of making parents look/feel very different from their kids. Unless the reason she no longer has the glow is that Johnny stole it. :lol:

I think that could be pretty cool, but I also think that we can rule it out, based on the fact that Cassie used to have that exact same thing for Brawler. Adam Urbano's leak of Johnny Cage goes back months and months, so even though Cassie has lost the glowing fists and put on some MMA gloves since then, there would have been a point in time when they shared variation effects. Which seems very contrary to NRS's goal of making parents look/feel very different from their kids. Unless the reason she no longer has the glow is that Johnny stole it. :lol:

To be honest I didn't know that, I was thinking my idea was fresh and original and it was already made lol I guess I'm a prophet of things that have already happened too. lol

To be honest I didn't know that, I was thinking my idea was fresh and original and it was already made lol I guess I'm a prophet of things that have already happened too. lol

For real didn't know? Or...

Either way, funny!

Last edited:
Why do people STILL say Cassie has Johnny's (or Sonya's) moves? We have already seen her variations and gameplay, she only has the nut punch and the shadow kick (which isn't even a move, it's only to end a combo). I've never seen Johnny using guns, doing getaway flips, tackling the other character or having bombs fall from the sky. Seriously, it's like people just like to hate.

I heard this interview was done somewhere where Johnny was playable, but the interview wasn't suppose to be put up til later.

So I'm not sure anymore if this guy flubbed, or the people who uploaded the video flubbed.

curious.

JC and Cassie playstyle seems so different that I fell like its such a odd choice to give her the Nut Punch because her gameplay style doesn't seem like it would complement that move well. JC used nut punch in MK9 to reset his opponents to continue pressure, but Cassie overall design seems closer to a Deathstroke from Inj, which is heavy zoning and keep away making it the complete opposite of JC.

Cassie Cage is just a common soldier style army bullshit. I am not interested with her. Jacqui too.. I just want to see Erron Black's and Kung Jin's gameplay videos.

They already showed us ALL Cassie's special moves across all three variation and NONE of her specials is Johnny's. What "moveset" are you specifically talking about?

Yeah. My favorite new move of Kitana's is her rushdown+fan attack. It's a lovely way to show just how nimble she's meant to be.

Funny little side story: I started thinking up variations for Johnny Cage, and I thought, "If I had to base Special Forces Johnny Cage's fighting style on a movie character, what movie character comes to mind as a great foundation?" The first thought that popped into my head was Jason Bourne. You know, crazy fast improvised moves, designed to win at any cost. I looked up what martial arts Bourne uses in the films, turns out it's Jeet Kune Do (mixed with other stuff). Hmm. Why does that sound familiar?

Oh yeah, because I just read about it in [MENTION=18857]Johnny_Hardwood[/MENTION] 's thread, where he explains that that's Johnny Cage's fighting style in the games! :lol: I am an accidental prophet of things that have already happened!

But yeah, I can't wait to see what they do with his gameplay, because - like with Kano, like with Kitana - it's bound to give us a glimpse into how he has changed and grown as a character.

Exactly, thanks for the shoutout :D , but that's why I kno him and Kang are gonna play smoothly, netherrealm studios is showing off how they wanted the characters to be originally. Tbh this game is so well done even charcters I hate (like Quan chi) have variations that seem interesting....

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that they built this game to last...It could be 7 years before the next MK and im fine with that because this game has plenty of depth to it.all they have to do after release is patch up the broken stuff and give us more alternate costumes.I will buy a clown suit for JOHNNY cage..I don't even care.

"Don't hate!"

They already showed us ALL Cassie's special moves across all three variation and NONE of her specials is Johnny's. What "moveset" are you specifically talking about?

Agreed. People seem to forget they share nothing in common besides a shadow kick combo ender and split punch in Hollywood variation andd smart remarks . .. Johnny has waaaay more experience and fighting abilities than her. Im literally gonna flip my lid if he is able to make" shadow"clones